Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    • AS or A2 results? A2

What are you hoping for? A*A*A* (M,FM,Econ) + 2 in STEP

What are you expecting? A*A*A+3 in STEP

How will you open them? I will open them almost instantaneously, moving away from the crowd and observing

How will you celebrate / react? Happy and excited, last time at AS I reacted quite dickishly so I think I'll tone it down this year

Me last year: ''4A's!!!!''
      everyone else: -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    • AS or A2 results? A2

What are you hoping for? A*A*A* (M,FM,Econ) + 2 in STEP

What are you expecting? A*A*A+3 in STEP

How will you open them? I will open them almost instantaneously, moving away from the crowd and observing

How will you celebrate / react? Happy and excited, last time at AS I reacted quite dickishly so I think I'll tone it down this year

Me last year: ''4A's!!!!''
      everyone else: -.-

Which STEP did you do, and which Uni are you (hopefully) going to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    Which STEP did you do, and which Uni are you (hopefully) going to?
    I did STEP I and STEP II, both were pretty awful but STEP II was abysmal, so relying on STEP I. Hopefully studying maths at Warwick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusC)
    I did STEP I and STEP II, both were pretty awful but STEP II was abysmal, so relying on STEP I. Hopefully studying maths at Warwick
    Great university, ah, I see: did Warwick require applicants to take a STEP exam? Or was it just to improve your grounding?

I've seen some papers and it mostly looked morbid, must be hard to prepare for them... anyways good luck for the 14th!

ReputationRep:
    Great university, ah, I see: did Warwick require applicants to take a STEP exam? Or was it just to improve your grounding?

I've seen some papers and it mostly looked morbid, must be hard to prepare for them... anyways good luck for the 14th!
    Yeah they require me to take STEP, plus its fun. I was doing really well prior to the exam so I don't doubt my mathematical ability, I just need to practice in retaining exam focus for 3 straight hours.

They are tricky to do, but the more you do the easier it gets. and they are incredibly rewarding.Thanks and good luck with your AS results

ReputationRep:
    AS results

I am expecting anywhere from AABC-AAAB (+A* in EPQ)

I am hoping for AAAB ;u; would be a miracle if I got AAAA (+A* in EPQ)

I will go onto the school portal at 6am to find out my results, and either cry or be shaking with happiness.

I will celebrate with pizza if I do well, if I do badly I'll console myself with pizza.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okkefac)
    AS results

I will go onto the school portal at 6am to find out my results, and either cry or be shaking with happiness.

I will celebrate with pizza if I do well, if I do badly I'll console myself with pizza.
    I like your thinking: pizza is love, pizza is life...

ReputationRep:
    A2

Hoping for A*AA
    Expecting A*BB
    Sprint into school faster than Usain Bolt, launch myself at my envelope, spend 5 minutes crying out of nerves and then excitement before asking my Mum to open it then half way through ripping it off her.
    If I get the grades I will probably run round school screaming like a lunatic and if I don't then cry and breakdown before phoning Nottingham and asking for their forgiveness and beg and weep and bribe and threaten and cry until they accept me and if they don't.... I don't know- eat 700 buckets of B&J ice cream and drink myself into unconsciousness?

Good luck to everyone though!

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping for AAB, but then I completely messed up my French oral so I'll be ecstatic if I get AAC!
    Expecting: ABC
    I'll wait for everyone else to open theirs, see what they got then spend 20 minutes opening mine. I'll then probably spend an eternity on the grade boundary pages whether I've done well or not!
    Celebrating or drinking my problems away with alcohol:|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Film)
    UCL is mostly unknown in the U.S. and in France. Oxbridge and LSE are very well known in both places.
    Agreed, UCL does not have the brand of Oxbridge and LSE, but the London Business School and the European Business School also have a great standing worldwide. UCL is on the next rung down. Imperial is well known in Europe amongst academia.

I think I am diverting way too much from the thread subject, so I will say no more.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Dragging a friend to visit me. Will open the email infront of him.
    Anything from all Cs to a misture of A stars and Bs.

ReputationRep:
    OCR phyiscs? Well done on carrying on 4 A levels to A2 by the way. Interesting how even some of the top Unis (UCL and Imperial as you mentioned) only asked for a C, which goes to show how much of an extra effort it is.
    yup, you need either a B at AS in fourth subject or a C at A2. yes Physics OCR, it was horrible! thank you, it required a lot of dedication and time, but managed in the end
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mansun)
    The difference is, UCL is a global university, and kids from private schools in the US, Russia, Far East etc will flock to study there. This is not really the case with Durham or Bristol, they are unheard of outside the UK.
    Despite that, U of Leeds has the most private school students, regardless of it's lesser reputation outside the UK. I can't remember what uni is second, but Bristol is third. I don't even think UCL is in the top 5. It has way more state students than Bristol, they even mentioned it at the visit day I went to for my course.

And UCL changed their admissions process, I got an offer as well with ABC (dropped a B grade), I think it means that they get everything full rather than have the all star students getting into their firms like Oxbridge when UCL is their insurance and having extra places when they don't do adjustment or clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I REEAAALLLLYYYY hope I get ABB (its my offer) Doubt I`ll get it, I`ll probably go find a quiet place and open it there. Pray for me guys!
    I`ll update here on results day on how it went. ....Fingers Crossed!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Im confident that Ive got A,A,C in Product Design, Science and Music. My firm offer is asking for B,B,C but like everyone has " personal targets" regardless of their offer. I want to get the A's. I'm taking my brother with me to open my results at school with me, I opened them for AS and the B looked like a D before I opening the leaflet. So, I'm taking my brother to start from the bottom and read up to the overall grades.

Then after opening my results, I will go out and get SOOOOOO mortal I will be purposely bound to my bed for the rest of my life. But, at the same time cry that the whole Sixth form experience is all finished. Crazy how 2 years has flown over in a blink of an eye. Its true what they say, time fly's when you have fun. AMEN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BesideThePoint)
    AS or A2 results? AS

What are you hoping for? AABB

What are you expecting? AACC

How will you open them? Hand the envelope to my parents then run away for safety purposes.

How will you celebrate / react? I'll probably act indifferent either way while at school then go home and cry myself to sleep.

The "for safety purposes" genuinely made me laugh Thanks for that, I needed that as I've been suffering from end of World Cup withdrawal symptoms haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyHigh_er)
    Despite that, U of Leeds has the most private school students, regardless of it's lesser reputation outside the UK. I can't remember what uni is second, but Bristol is third. I don't even think UCL is in the top 5. It has way more state students than Bristol, they even mentioned it at the visit day I went to for my course.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is untrue, UCL has over 46% of students coming from a private school. Durham is about the same, and Bristol is in the 40s, as is St Andrews. Nottingham has over 30%of students from private school, despite its vastly larger student intake. Leeds is a little behind Nottingham on that front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMusicLTD)
    The "for safety purposes" genuinely made me laugh Thanks for that, I needed that as I've been suffering from end of World Cup withdrawal symptoms haha.
    Haha, you're very welcome! And I completely understand your symptoms. The end of the world cup has begged the question of what to do with my empty life now for the next four years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okkefac)
    AS results

I'm gonna need some papa johns pizza.

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.