Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    GCSE Results: n/a

What are you hoping for? 7A* 1A

What are you expecting? 5A* 3A

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? If the A is Latin, no

How will you open them? In private

How will you celebrate / react? Depends what I get

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yeah, its 4As in the subjects you're studying so...

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? 6A* 4A

What are you expecting? 5A* 3A 1B

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? While I'll be fine with them, if I then can't get into my chosen sixth form I'll be upset.

How will you open them? School are posting our results online at 8am so I'll look then and go into school if I want go.

How will you celebrate / react? Going to Reading Festival afterwards

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Probably not- I need to get 6A* minimum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superdarklord)
    In my school maybe 1/2 will achieve like 7+ A*s, that's what I'm personally hoping for too if I'm honest.
    Perhaps people are lying, it is the internet after all though and you must be pretty sad to lie to strangers about grades
    I don't know about others, but when I revise I just revise to be fully prepared, I would see no point revising if I didn't revise to a potentially A* standard. There's no difference between A* standard and being prepared I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well good luck! I guess some people are just naturally gifted everything. Like for me, I can honestly say when I did my maths exam in november I can honestly say i did no revision at all (although to be fair our maths teacher is amazing). Plus me and my friends were on GTA until around midnight-1am the day before the exam yet when our came to January our class had 19 A*s and 11 As.

My point is that there will always be a few select subjects that people will excel at for no reason, with or without effort, but I couldn't find the time to revise for 7+ A*s no matter how hard I tried. I remember working my butt of for my history and geography coursework and all somehow only scraping a C :/ although luckily I the exams went well for me... I hope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    Well good luck! I guess some people are just naturally gifted everything. Like for me, I can honestly say when I did my maths exam in november I can honestly say i did no revision at all (although to be fair our maths teacher is amazing). Plus me and my friends were on GTA until around midnight-1am the day before the exam yet when our came to January our class had 19 A*s and 11 As.

My point is that there will always be a few select subjects that people will excel at for no reason, with or without effort, but I couldn't find the time to revise for 7+ A*s no matter how hard I tried. I remember working my butt of for my history and geography coursework and all somehow only scraping a C :/ although luckily I the exams went well for me... I hope
    Thanks, you too! I get what you mean about naturally excelling. However when you say revise for an A*, when you revise do you purposefully revise for a target grade or I don't see how that works if you know you don't have "time" to revise it to A* would you just like leave some material out or how would you do that? Go into less detail?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    I am hoping for all A*s with an A^ in Further Maths and maybe an A in History and Media
    What are you expecting?
    Probably as above but with more As
    Will you be satisfied with your expectation?
    I think so! As long as I get my B in Chemistry and Physics and 7 C-A*s I can get into my 6th form.
    How will you open them?
    I will grab the envelope and run and hide in a corner. Then rip it open and pray that is ok. My mum will be there with me though
    How will you celebrate / react?
    Going to the local coffee shop for cake and hot chocolate (with marshmallows, of course!)
    Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer?
    As I said above, I just need a B in Physics and Chemistry and 7 C-A*s as I took my Maths in November (A*)

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    7+A*s rest As

What are you expecting?
    Hmm not sure maybe 5A*s 5As and 2Bs? Don't even remember the exams

Eh ill be alright although I really want more than half of my grade to be A*s :/

How will you open them?
    I will collect the results and go somewhere less crowded with my dad and open them slowly and then tell him.

Hmm if I get over half A*s I'll be really happy and we'll go out for a meal (: that being said I told my parents I did badly so they're not expecting much ;D

Definitely even tho I go to a grammar school we only need 6A*s-Cs so I could fail half my subjects and still get it. Whether I get an A in geography though is the question.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probobly open them at the school, only because if I don't open them in the hall i'll probobly never be able to bring myslef the open them at all Haha. I'm hoping for 5 A's and 3 B's but i'm expecting either 4 A's 5 B's or 3 A's 4 B's. As long as I get atleat 3 A's, In English language, History and Additional Science i'll be happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayJay-C19)
    GCSE Results:

What are you hoping for?

What are you expecting?

How will you open them?

________________________________ ________________________
    ME:

What are you hoping for?

- 5 A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's and 2 C's

What are you expecting?

- 3 A*'s, 2 A's, 2 B's, 4 C's

- No. Purely because of the subjects that will have achieved the C's and B's.

How will you open them?

- Me and my best friend are going to open each others first then pass them over once they've been read.

- Probably be really upset but just happy that I got my grades to get into my sixth form. Which I know I will... without a doubt.

- YES. Already have 3 of the 5 grades necessary.
    im hoping for
    B biology
    B chemistry
    C physics
    C OMG DEFFO C OR ABOVE IN MATHS AHHH
    a in eng lang
    a eng lit
    a drama
    b french
    a re
    a ict

if i can get a stars ill be over the moon

for my college i dont need any specific subjects or grades i just need 5 a-c's
    how ill open them:
    get them luckily enough in the whole of the year im the first name so im A and ill get them, go to the year 7 toilets open them and ether
    come down and celebrate with my mates
    or come down and go straight home

how ill celebrate:
    HOLY JESUS THANK YOU I GOT MY C IN MATHS MOST IMPORTANTLY IM GETTING AN IPAD MINI AND SECOND MOST IMPORTANT IVE GOT INTO COLLEGE OMG YASSSSSS GURL.

ReputationRep:
    YES! Lead the way young muggle.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2806539

ReputationRep:
    you are amazeeeeballs k

ReputationRep:
    you are amazeeeeballs k
    IKR. :cool: Just jk, thanks XD can't believe a thread i started has two pages...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Millie-3)
    IKR. :cool: Just jk, thanks XD can't believe a thread i started has two pages...
    This is my thread and has 15 :cool::cool:

ReputationRep:
    Man gcse don't mean anything as long as you get a c in English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ollierc)
    Man gcse don't mean anything as long as you get a c in English and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rolleyes:

Not this comment again. Yes they do.

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? 11A*s, 1A

What are you expecting? 10A*s, 2As

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Sort of, but not really

How will you open them? At school, at 9am Thursday

How will you celebrate / react? I'm having a party

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Easily, all I need is 5Bs, a C in English and Maths and an A in the options I've chosen (Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Computer Science)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what is the grade boundary for maths and English??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweety2005)
    Does anyone know what is the grade boundary for maths and English??
    Edexcel maths boundaries have been posted, that's it so far I think
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...9#post49585549

ReputationRep:
    What about English

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for? A*s in Maths (already got), English Language, English Lit, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, History and RE and then an A in Drama, plus an A in AS Level Maths

What are you expecting? A*s in Maths (already got), English Language, English Lit, Chemistry and French. As in Biology, Physics, History and RE. A B in Drama, and then my A in AS Level Maths

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Yes, but I would want better, as I believe I've worked hard. If I get As in History, RE and Drama, I wouldn't really care, but if I got As in Biology and Physics, I'd be slightly disappointed - it's just personal expectation really.

How will you open them?
    I'm planning to go into a corner where there is nobody, so I don't have teachers come up to me and ruin the moment, and open them alone, where there isn't anybody watching over me.

How will you celebrate / react? If I do well, I'll just be so happy, I'd end up walking into a car. If I do badly, I'd still end up walking into a car, aha.

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yeah, definitely. There's no way I'm not going to meet that.

ReputationRep:
    What are you hoping for?
    English Lit
    : B
    English Lang: B
    Maths: B/C
    Biology: A*
    Chemistry: A
    Physics: B
    History: A
    Geography: A
    French: A*
    Religious Studies: A

What are you expecting? As above.

Will you be satisfied with your expectation? Yes.

How will you open them?: To myself, then show my friends if they're good.

How will you celebrate / react?: Play video games and eat birthday cake (results day is same day as my birthday).

Will you meet your Sixth Form/College offer? Yup. I need 7A*-Cs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.