Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsisannoying)
    Another Day already, only 6 days left, how do you plan to make this go by?
    I'm watching many, many movies.

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for my higher results and I am really nervous! I sat maths, english, chemistry, human biology & french. I'm feeling pretty confident about maths, chemistry and french and hope I've got As in those. However, English and human biology seemed to go horrible for me despite them being my better subjects throughout the year. Anyone else sit these subjects and what did you think of them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DylanJ96)
    Do you think you worked as hard in sixth year since you have an unconditional? I know that a lot of my motivation just disappeared as soon as I got my unconditional.
    Oh nooo! All my motivation went as soon as I got my Unconditional! I'm very intrigued to see what results I get when I put in little to no effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ManicPumpkin)
    Oh nooo! All my motivation went as soon as I got my Unconditional! I'm very intrigued to see what results I get when I put in little to no effort
    Same tbh, I don't know how they can expect us to actually work when we have an unconditional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectricScalpel)
    Same
    It's just the Abstract Reasoning that's pulling me down...

Yeah, I need an A too Hopefully we do get what we want...only time will tell
    Same with AR, but just work at it, because once you know the patterns to look out for it gets better!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling a mix of being content as I have an unconditional, feeling apprehensive and quite excited which is odd considering my exams didn't go as well as they should have. I'm feeling most nervous about higher philosophy, then advanced English and advanced music.

I'm going to England too!
    You got an unconditional for England without Advanced Highers? :O Where and for what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringMedic8)
    You got an unconditional for England without Advanced Highers? :O Where and for what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got an unconditional for Newcastle University for music. I should have been given a conditional offer based on my advanced highers but I was lucky enough to get an unconditional.

ReputationRep:
    We did Descartes for epistemology. Did you do higher philosophy? How did you find the exam?
    Ah. Yeah I did. Found the exam pretty ****ty to be fair. But pretty confident I still pulled off a B. The question on Hume was the worst one that could come up. I also found the critical thinking questions pretty crap too. How did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinetyOne)
    Ah. Yeah I did. Found the exam pretty ****ty to be fair. But pretty confident I still pulled off a B. The question on Hume was the worst one that could come up. I also found the critical thinking questions pretty crap too. How did you find it?
    I found it not too bad considering how little studying I did for it. I just hate epistemology in general, the Descartes question was awful too. I actually found the critical thinking section pretty decent but there was a few tricky questions which seemed mean to say the least like that question on the difference between proving and asserting a claim since we didn't even go over that. I was so relieved when I seen the cosmological argument come up in metaphysics since that was the only one I actually studied in depth for and it was such a great question on it too! Moral philosophy was meh... could have been worse. I'm not feeling massively confident about the exam but it could have been a lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    We did Descartes for epistemology. Did you do higher philosophy? How did you find the exam?
    I did Hume! How did everyone find philosophy? I felt the exam went really well apart from questions being worded awkwardly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    I'm watching many, many movies.
    I started pretty little liars yesterday and I'm already half way through season one. It's more than likely I'll have the whole show finished by results day😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmhari)
    I did Hume! How did everyone find philosophy? I felt the exam went really well apart from questions being worded awkwardly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was definitely a decent paper in comparison to other years.

ReputationRep:
    I found it not too bad considering how little studying I did for it. I just hate epistemology in general, the Descartes question was awful too. I actually found the critical thinking section pretty decent but there was a few tricky questions which seemed mean to say the least like that question on the difference between proving and asserting a claim since we didn't even go over that. I was so relieved when I seen the cosmological argument come up in metaphysics since that was the only one I actually studied in depth for and it was such a great question on it too! Moral philosophy was meh... could have been worse. I'm not feeling massively confident about the exam but it could have been a lot worse.
    Yeah, moral philosophy was good and so was metaphysics. Just kinda annoying that I did so much studying for Hume and then a really terrible question comes up that doesn't really allow much discussion. I seem to remember there being two questions coming up somewhere in the paper that were pretty much the same question..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinetyOne)
    Yeah, moral philosophy was good and so was metaphysics. Just kinda annoying that I did so much studying for Hume and then a really terrible question comes up that doesn't really allow much discussion. I seem to remember there being two questions coming up somewhere in the paper that were pretty much the same question..
    Hume question was worded strange - it took me about 5 mins to get my head around it and know what to write about. Then the following question asked something else but using the same awkward wording which was annoying! Hopefully as long as we wrote about custom and habit etc - marks will be picked up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same tbh, I don't know how they can expect us to actually work when we have an unconditional!
    Dylan jardine? Ex paisley grammar student? Newcastle uni for music? Sounds familiar lol

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to expect for my exams; I came out of most of my exams feeling quite confident but now I don't feel confident and I'm absolutely bricking it! :mad:

Did anyone here sit Higher Modern Studies? I thought the paper was really good for the questions I did, just curious on what other people thought of the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christopher199)
    I have no idea what to expect for my exams; I came out of most of my exams feeling quite confident but now I don't feel confident and I'm absolutely bricking it! :mad:

Did anyone here sit Higher Modern Studies? I thought the paper was really good for the questions I did, just curious on what other people thought of the paper
    Paper 2 was amazing! And overall I was happy with questions apart from the China question other than that I predicted the others!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Pennyarcade)
    Whats your offer for? Im guessing its somewhere in England too ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah! Civil Eng at Imperial.

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    Yeah! Civil Eng at Imperial.

What about you?
    Woah, impressive! Goodluck!
    Im applying in october

ReputationRep:
    i applied for mech eng so hopefuly all goes good !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.