The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kauther99
Hey :smile:
Im talking about the OCR gateway B core science (units 1 & 2) 360 UMS marks to get an A*, I got 353. I want to know is it a small difference therefore worth resitting or am I far off in terms of raw marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For science that's quite a few marks to gain in a remark- answers are generally right or wrong, so marks aren't likely to change much, if at all. It may be possible if you remark both, but I'm not sure you'd gain all 7 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 281
I got a D on my 3rd English GCSE retake and i am very depressed. I did exceedingly well on my controlled assessments and scored the highest in the class (75%), i thought i did well in my exam as well, but in the end i was only 5 marks from a C.

Is it true that i really cannot resit the exam? It doesnt make sense for me to go through the course all over again as i did so well on the assessments before, i dont think i could ever do better. :frown:
Original post by Adzie
I got a D on my 3rd English GCSE retake and i am very depressed. I did exceedingly well on my controlled assessments and scored the highest in the class (75%), i thought i did well in my exam as well, but in the end i was only 5 marks from a C.

Is it true that i really cannot resit the exam? It doesnt make sense for me to go through the course all over again as i did so well on the assessments before, i dont think i could ever do better. :frown:

Can you remark your exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everybody! I want to know what kind of option there are for me, for the position I am in at the moment. On results day, I was looking forward to my final grades; not for a second did I think I was going to be grades below then what I was expecting.

I had taken several mock exams in class, and shockingly achieved B's and A's. I did not achieve nothing below the grade B. Soon it was the final exam day and I was ready to give it my all; considering I studied every night facing my fears slowly. My main fear was failing, so I completed many exam papers in a day to ensure that I don't forget the exam techniques. Although I did suffer from extreme anxiety and depression, I still managed to pick myself up and started to write as much as I could and as accurately as possible. I was on medication and did attend college, yet the teacher failed to tell me that I may need more time for the exam or even other requirements during the exam, due to my illness. I never told anyone about my illness and I never thought it would affect me this bad. When the examination day finally arrived, I completed the exam from the best of my ability even though the time was passing by quick. I was happy with the effort I has put in. When results day arrived I opened up my results, shockingly I had realised I had scored a D. Yes, a D for all that effort I had put in. I was gutted and felt like my world ended even if I got a C grade I would have been happy. This meant that my grades were no longer suitable for my university choice. This resulted to me going through clearing; however, I have secured a place in university but still not gaining that C grade still makes me feel angry, depressed and sad.

I rang my teacher and she said i could not appeal, as I never told them about my illness before hand.I was so angry as in my class others had more time and even got to use computers. They were perfectly capable of writing up by hand as I was with them 24/7.

I am going to get my paper remarked, and I'm hoping there is a better outcome because I don't want to retake english GCSE as I feel so worn out.

I got a total of 176 UMS marks; it just don't feel right. I know another girl who never even tried and also missed out like 3 questions, and also claimed her control assessments grades were bad and she got a C!! How is this possible? I really think my grades have been switched or they have marked them wrong.

Are there another actions I can take?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 284
Original post by Sarah Bethany
Can you remark your exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i can, but people are saying that there's no point. I am also afraid that it could be downgraded. :frown:
Guys, I applied for a remark on the day where the results were published for service type 2. My school told me it would take about one month for the outcome to be published or given. However, Yesterday (Monday) I received a call from my school saying that the outcome has been published. My mark thankfully was changed from a B to an A. But my question is that how come the outcome was published so fast? It only took 4 days, and 2 days of them were a weekend??
Original post by Adzie
i can, but people are saying that there's no point. I am also afraid that it could be downgraded. :frown:

If you're only 5 marks from a C, then you'd need to lose quite a lot of marks to go down to an E, unless the range of marks for a D is small enough for you to also be close to an E..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgeboy989
Is this geography edexcel B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah
Reply 288
If you're only 5 marks from a C, then you'd need to lose quite a lot of marks to go down to an E, unless the range of marks for a D is small enough for you to also be close to an E..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, so maybe a remark would work for me?
if so, what is the latest date i can submit for a remark.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by A.Hassani
Guys, I applied for a remark on the day where the results were published for service type 2. My school told me it would take about one month for the outcome to be published or given. However, Yesterday (Monday) I received a call from my school saying that the outcome has been published. My mark thankfully was changed from a B to an A. But my question is that how come the outcome was published so fast? It only took 4 days, and 2 days of them were a weekend??

Your school had submitted the remark request on Thursday. By Friday, AQA would have had your Paper sent off to a remark examiner. On the weekend and probably due to the bank holiday, the examiner must have marked through lots of the scripts (s)he had and yours was one of them, so they released your Result, which they'll do as soon as it's been remarked. :biggrin: Well done with your remark - I hope mine comes out successful, aha!
Original post by Adzie
Hmm, so maybe a remark would work for me?
if so, what is the latest date i can submit for a remark.

I'd probably try :smile: which exam board and exam is it? And the deadline is 20th September

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by A.Hassani

congratulations!! what subject was this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you guys know if remark examiners are aware of a paper's original marking and if it influences their own marking, or if they're given an unmarked copy of the paper and pay no attention to the original mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 293
I'd probably try :smile: which exam board and exam is it? And the deadline is 20th September

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam board is AQA
Original post by Adzie
The exam board is AQA

Is it Language or Literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 295
Is it Language or Literature?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Language
Original post by Adzie
Language

Did you do higher or foundation? (sorry for all these questions... :L)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 297
Did you do higher or foundation? (sorry for all these questions... :L)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its ok. I did the Higher Tier paper
Original post by Adzie
Its ok. I did the Higher Tier paper

How many marks did you increase by? Oh crap, I've just realised I've asked the wrong person, lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 299
Original post by kingaaran
How many marks did you increase by? Oh crap, I've just realised I've asked the wrong person, lol

I'm not sure what you mean.

Latest