UCL offer holders 2015 thread Watch

MickeyL0912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi all)

Offer holder for BSc Biological Sciences, conditions: AAAe (Biology, Chemistry, Maths and AS Psychology)

Sent application on 14th Oct, got the offer on 18th Dec)

Anyone knows if we have a departmental open day? (I haven't got invitation to one)
Watchthe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone got an offer from biochemistry yet? I'm freaking out, I sent my application in ages ago
izz345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by danieljlee)
I did, do you know if anyone has an offer? what are your stats (if you don't mind me asking )
I haven't heard of anyone else who does!! I applied on the 8th of November and handed my essay in on the 1st December. Got A's at AS and predicted A*A*A at A level. You?
ElRoCl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by srdesg)
nice so did I
do live in the UK?
where else did you apply?
(:

Well done I live in the Channel Islands and I applied to Edinburgh, Leeds, Oxford and Newcastle, what about you?
MickeyL0912
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Does anyone know how strict UCL is on meeting the conditions?

Someone here said they started saying there'll be no chance at all whatsover for one to get in without meeting the conditions, but also read somehwere that it's up to the admissions tutor of the faculty...

Also, for those who are going to firm UCL... what's your insurance?
arcanum96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MickeyL0912)

Someone here said they started saying there'll be no chance at all whatsover for one to get in without meeting the conditions, but also read somehwere that it's up to the admissions tutor of the faculty...

Hard to say, it's down to the department. My friend she got into UCL for Economics 2014 entry and she was telling me that apparently Economics was in adjustment this year, she was saying that despite having a few places she knows someone who missed their offer and got AAAA overall but were still rejected because the department wanted an A* in Maths, so that shows that the Economics department despite having a few vacancies were more interested in filling those up with people who met their entry requirements and an A* in Maths was mandatory. On the flip side, I know someone who missed their offer for Biochemistry by a grade this year but she was still accepted. So like I said, it's purely down to the department and what they decide to do.
Tom102
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MickeyL0912)

Like the other poster it comes down to the department. For my course they let one near miss in for the course.

A*AB is a near miss for AAA.

Generally UCL offer next to no clearing or adjustment for the majority of courses because of how many applicants they have and how competitive it is to get in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LittleSpitfire
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!
I got a conditional offer of AAB for Pharmacy at UCL a couple of weeks ago
This offer is only inclusive of Biology, Chemistry and German (3 of my 4 subjects)
fran9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello!!
I'm an International student from Italy.
I'm applying for the PPE course, but still haven't send the application because my teacher took quite long with my Reference.
Does anyone has any idea of how likely I am to receive an offer being an International and applying in January?
arcanum96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fran9)
Hello!!
I'm an International student from Italy.
I'm applying for the PPE course, but still haven't send the application because my teacher took quite long with my Reference.
Does anyone has any idea of how likely I am to receive an offer being an International and applying in January?
As long as you apply by 15th Jan you will have as good as a chance to receive an offer as you would if you applied even in say September. Applications by 15th Jan have equal and fair consideration.
Bendak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an A*AA Computer Science offer
alliah208
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got my offer Psychology, A*AA, to include Biology and Chemistry. I take Bio, Chem, English Literature and History. Very excited
than4711
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bendak)
Got an A*AA Computer Science offer
congratulation on your offer. may i ask when did you apply i applied since november and havent heard back from UCL
aidanor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I'm an international student, doing IB. Just have received a conditional offer for Arts and Sciences BaSc degree
Bendak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by than4711)
congratulation on your offer. may i ask when did you apply i applied since november and havent heard back from UCL
Thank you! I applied on October 13th, but I think it takes time for them to find the 'pool of applicants' with similar standards to start comparing those applicants with each other, but once that happens I think you can expect to hear back right away.
Good luck!
vinkebg
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by aidanor)
Hi, I'm an international student, doing IB. Just have received a conditional offer for Arts and Sciences BaSc degree
Congrats Do they interviewed you? What was your predicted grade for IB and when did you applied ? Sent mine on december 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
aidanor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by vinkebg)
Congrats Do they interviewed you? What was your predicted grade for IB and when did you applied ? Sent mine on december 16.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! Yes, I did a required questionnaire first and then, after three weeks, was invited to an interview over skype I have applied early in October...it takes quite a while to wait for their response.
I'm not sure about my predicted, as my school keeps it in secret. (but it's at least 38)

All the best to you
NatashaG
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
who else is firming UCL BASc?
ElRoCl
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone firming UCL for Linguistics??
tekitw
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey guys!
I got an offer for Geography - AAA
Bit off topic but has anyone started thinking about accommodation yet, I'm completely lost?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed