Idrees_anwar
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by VanessaGeorgina)
Got a rejection from Glasgow caledonian :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm really sorry to hear that I also got a rejection, along with another person who I have kept in contact with, so don't feel too down!
gfl1997
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chantellerose)
Hello,

I'm looking to apply for Nutrition at uni for 2016 (I'm currently in year 12) is there any advice you guys could give me? Do I need work experience and is there anything I need to know for interviews? Also what are the best universities for Nutrition?

I know it's a while until I have to apply but I'm keen to know more
Hi! i have just put leeds as my firm choice and reading as my insurance for nutrition! I think if your looking at the league tables the top nutrition places are Kings College London, Nottingham, Reading and Leeds, but loads of other places offer really good courses to! I would try to get some work experience even if it isn't that related - I did a week in a public health office? Even something volunteering (e.g. for diabetes UK) would be great, but if not don't worry too much - just show a passion for the subject! I only had one interview (Reading) (but i think for dietetics they all interview), it seemed to depend on the interviewer a bit, but mine was very laid back and just wanted me to give him my opinions on issues in the food industry etc.
Good luck! Hope this helps a bit
HD77
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
V sorry about that.
Having met you, I think that you're an intelligent young woman and that you'd be an excellent nutritionist or dietician.
x11
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Idrees_anwar)
I'm really sorry to hear that I also got a rejection, along with another person who I have kept in contact with, so don't feel too down!
I also got rejected, so did a friend.
University of Hertfordshire
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Noodles7387)
Hi Lulu,

My interview for Herts for dietetics was on 15th January and I still have no received any update on how it went on UCAS. Hertfordshire is my first choice which it why I am so anxious and nervous to know what the outcome is! I havr all fingers and toes crossed! Why is it taking so long? As I know people from the same interview day who had been rejected and another received an offer. Yet I am still waiting. Any idea why this is? Thank you,
Hi Noodles,

Sorry you have been waiting for a response- that is quite a while! I would suggest giving admissions a call and asking them to check your application online. They are dealing with thousands of applications and have to look at each one individually so it does take quite a while to process them all. Glad to hear we are your first choice! If you call Admissions directly (01707 284800) they should check it there and then!

Looking forward to seeing you in September!

Rosanna
meritolai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone already had an interview at coventry for dietetics? If so what questions did they ask you? What was the interview like? They said we'll be doing problem solving - what type of questions?
I'm so nervous! I received an offer from all my universities so this is the first interview.
harhibo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Where your other offers for nutrition or dietetics??
meritolai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nutrition
kirstyaf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'm really sorry to hear about that I'm still waiting to hear back from them and the wait is killing me! haha - when was your interview?
VanessaGeorgina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by HD77)
V sorry about that.
Having met you, I think that you're an intelligent young woman and that you'd be an excellent nutritionist or dietician.
Thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
VanessaGeorgina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got an offer from Hertfordshire!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Noodles7387
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by University of Hertfordshire)
Hi Noodles,

Sorry you have been waiting for a response- that is quite a while! I would suggest giving admissions a call and asking them to check your application online. They are dealing with thousands of applications and have to look at each one individually so it does take quite a while to process them all. Glad to hear we are your first choice! If you call Admissions directly (01707 284800) they should check it there and then!

Looking forward to seeing you in September!

Rosanna
Thank you Rosanna,

I have called admissions a number of times and each time they tell me there no update as of yet and that I have to continue to wait.

I am assuming that I will be put against others that the interviewers are sitting on the fence with and will decide once they have recieved all applications.

I do have the head of dietetics' personal email address as I have been in touch before I had my interview, but I'm not so sure if I should ask directly.

I really hope that I get a response soon
Noodles7387
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations!

When was your interview?
VanessaGeorgina
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Noodles7387)
Congratulations!

When was your interview?
The 27th january

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jomarie007
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well done everyone with offers I'm still waiting on Nottingham. Anyone heard from them yet?
HD77
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Great news. Congratulations.
Zarah118
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone going to Leeds Beckett? I've firmed them and have Hertfordshire as my insurance
I withdrew my application to Coventry and Nottingham after going to the interview and got rejected by my initial first choice Surrey- but it's all worked out in the end because I'm so excited to go to Leeds!
zoeeh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Zarah118)
Anyone going to Leeds Beckett? I've firmed them and have Hertfordshire as my insurance
I withdrew my application to Coventry and Nottingham after going to the interview and got rejected by my initial first choice Surrey- but it's all worked out in the end because I'm so excited to go to Leeds!
I firmed Leeds Beckett, Coventry as my insurance Hopefully see you in September!
shereeox
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by zoeeh)
I firmed Leeds Beckett, Coventry as my insurance Hopefully see you in September!
I'm thinking leeds Beckett too! Yet to firm though!
Zarah118
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did any of you go to the jan 21 interview? (Understandable if you can't remember!) and have you booked your accomodation yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.12%
No - but I will (38)
6.95%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.58%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (259)
47.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise