University of Edinburgh Offer Holders 2015 Thread Watch

Rovensie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by workinggalilkley)
Got mine for social anthropology, BBB rather than AAA
Hi I got mine for sociology and social anthropology, and I'll firm Edinburgh (if I don't choose to reapply)

Posted from TSR Mobile
workinggalilkley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rovensie)
Hi I got mine for sociology and social anthropology, and I'll firm Edinburgh (if I don't choose to reapply)

Posted from TSR Mobile
wooooo see you there
Dster77
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just firmed EDIN!!!!!! Insurance St. Andrews

Im excited guys
Zuse
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got unconditional offers for MSc Computer Science and MSc Artificial Intelligence. I'll most probably go with the latter, but I'm still waiting for the results from other universities, e.g. St Andrews.

Any other soon-to-be CS/AI postgraduate students here?
Emilyd1997
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How soon after you got your offer did you receive an email inviting you to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rovensie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Emilyd1997)
How soon after you got your offer did you receive an email inviting you to the open day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got my offer in October and got the email in January or February. That's a long time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
bxwie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I have an conditional offer for English lit! I was super surprised - I was expecting a rejection. Anyone else doing English?
bmorollon
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just got my conditional offer for maths and physics!!! So happy!!
laratomkins12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i appllied for sociology and social anthropology also, what did you get in your highers? and what are you taking this year?

thanks and well done x
laratomkins12345
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by workinggalilkley)
Got mine for social anthropology, BBB rather than AAA
what did you get in your highers? and what subjects are you doing this year? well done and thank you xxx
Rovensie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laratomkins12345)
i appllied for sociology and social anthropology also, what did you get in your highers? and what are you taking this year?

thanks and well done x
I did a levels and was predicted A*A*AA

Edit: in maths, further maths, physics and economics (I know that's a strange combination for social science )

Posted from TSR Mobile
cora06140
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cora06140)
Unconditional for neuroscience but which to chose, Edinburgh or St Andrews? Eeek! Anyone has any idea?
No one can help? First year entry in St Andrews or second year entry in Edinburgh.... This is so tough, how one earth do you chose? They are both great unis, the course is great at both, liked both campuses/towns when visiting, accommodation cost is roughly the same (bit higher in Edinburgh perhaps but it's only 3 years), help!!
Bryony.Mole6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
@bxwie I've applied for English Lit and History however have not yet received an offer😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bryony.Mole6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bxwie)
Hi, I have an conditional offer for English lit! I was super surprised - I was expecting a rejection. Anyone else doing English?
I have applied for English Literature and History however have not received an offer yet. What grades did you get last year ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
workinggalilkley
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by laratomkins12345)
what did you get in your highers? and what subjects are you doing this year? well done and thank you xxx
Hi, I'm an English applicant so am doing A levels. Got AABC last year, predicted A* A* A this year. Thanks xx
kumbatia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bxwie)
Hey congrats! I applied for english lit too, just wondering when you submitted your UCAS? I did mine right on the deadline and still haven't heard back. Did you just receive your offer?
Anna-22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have an offer for education with history. Anyone else hear back for primary teaching?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ela Pari Huws
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've had a conditional offer from Edinburgh o study Social Anthropology, is there anyone else here who wants to study Social Anth? I'm trying to decide between Edinburgh, Durham and St Andrews!
Rovensie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ela Pari Huws)
I've had a conditional offer from Edinburgh o study Social Anthropology, is there anyone else here who wants to study Social Anth? I'm trying to decide between Edinburgh, Durham and St Andrews!
Hi! I've got an offer for sociology and social anthropology and I believe there's another two offer holders in anthropology as well. I've also got an offer from Durham, but Edinburgh city attracts me more. Also Edinburgh seems to be more famous internationally. However Durham has the college system... I can't really decide as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
izzyft
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've had an offer for Health, Science and Society! Has anyone else applied for this?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads