The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Current LSE student, ask me anything

Scroll to see replies

Original post by h3110
Thanks for the reply! I gave you +1 positive rating on your comment, is that what you mean by rep?

You have to scroll over my name, and click on view profile then there'll be a button which says "give rep" :smile: Thanks for that as well :P
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Looking to apply for Politics and International Relations and have one quick question -
Whilst studying do you get to know or gain much support from your professors or tutors? One of my concerns with LSE is how lonely it seems with no much in the way of a support network that Warwick, Durham and Oxbridge can boast. I really want to apply and I know that other than this issue it is the dream uni for me. I think what I am trying to ask is whether there any 'community' feel to it?
Original post by Manny_khalae
Is there much point in me applying for economics?

IGCSE: 8A*s 3As
AS levels (just started) Biology Chemistry Math History

Thanksss

If you want to do economics at LSE or Cambridge then take Further Maths now, while you still can.
Reply 283
My daughter has received a letter saying her grant has been cancelled without any explanation? Could this be related to her attendance rate?
Reply 284
My daughter has received a letter saying her grant has been cancelled without any explanation? Could this be related to her attendance rate?
Reply 285
Its strange as whats the point of taking FM when they just want a pass in FM
Once u tske FM then you cannot drop any subject at A2
Basically pure econ is all about Maths so they may want students take FM
Reply 286
Original post by kera587

Is this the grant from the university or from the government (this applying if you are you a UK citizen)?
I know that the UK are changing policy on the grant but this comes into effect next year so this should not be an issue this year.
Also, I don't think the university change the grant unless there has been a change in parental income.
I can only advise you to message the university asking why you have not received the grant if you are entitled it.
Reply 287
Original post by Aj_16
As the title states, I'm a current LSE student. The process can be quite long and I found when applying last year that there are numerous questions I needed the answer to which I couldn't find answers for. I have been at LSE for 2 months so far and I'm loving my experience. I hope to answer any queries you people may have... fire away

Hi I am looking to apply to LSE for Politics and International relations. My IGCSE grades are 6A*S (in history, accounting, economics, drama, English first language and biology), 2AS ( Maths and ICT) and one C in English Literature ( I'm thinking of not entering it onto UCAS).
My AS grades are AAAC (As in Accounting (300/300 UMS), Economics (185/200) and Geography (162/200) and my C is in History (139/200)).
My A2 subjects are Accounting, Economics and Geography and I don't know my predicted grades yet but i should be predicted at least one A*.

Based of this, do you think I have a good chance of getting an offer?
Thank you!
I am thinking of applying to universities such as LSE, UCL, Durham, Warwick for either Geography with Economics (for LSE/UCL) or Economics. The only problem is that I got a B for my AS maths and I do not take further maths, but I am retaking my maths next year hoping for an A or A*. Most of the top unviersities require A* for maths (Geo with Econs at LSE requires an A) and I think I will be predicted an A. Does the reduces my chances?

My AS grades were AABB. B in Psychology and Maths, A in economics and geography.
IGCSE grades were 2A*7A
i m doing my final year at sussex. finance n business degree. i got low 2:1 on the second year.
want to apply for MSc to LSE, probably business mgmt or finance, or accounting degrees.
do i have any chances? or no way?
*also i dont have any work expierence
and whats more competitive degrees management or finance?
thx
Reply 290
Hi. I wanted to know about the term system in LSE. Like if I enroll for an undergraduate course, do I just attend the MT and LT or the Summer Term too? Also, in what months do the exams take place? And when do the winter and summer vacations commence?
What is the social life like at LSE? I love going out, partying etc. and im scared I wont find people like me there. What is your experience?
Reply 292
None of the freshers will respond as they are busy partying
Hi im an international student applying for 2016 entry, accounting and finance. I didnt take any IGCSE's and my question is, would that be a disadvantage? fyi im taking AS next week, and my predicted AS grades are 5A's in maths, chemistry, physics, biology and chinese. A2 next may june. Do you think it's worth the try applying to LSE despite not having gcse/igcse's equivalent grades? thanks:smile:
Reply 294
Hello to all . Sorry for a very mainstream and annoying question, but I am just curious whether I should apply to LSE (Anthropology and law) or not.

My IGCSE marks were :A* AAABBB (low and that's what really concerns me)

My current AS levels - History B (76ums) Politics A (91 ums) Business studies (90ums) Predicted Grades - A*A*A

In addition I did Russian A2 - grade A*, however its my first language, thus it will be excluded from the offer.

The strong side of my personal statement I guess would be my working experience in several law firms,as well as few Law summer preparation courses which I believe show my interest towards the subject.

Is it worth applying?
Reply 295
Hi! I am currently studying the law foundation programme at Bellerbys, just started in Jan, so missed the Jan 15 deadline. Really interested in LSE or UCL, and would like to ask if there is any way for me to apply for the 2016 September intake? Thanks!
Gov and eco student here!
Out of interest, which halls has the most Uk students ans which has more international students? What halls are best for Uk students?
Hi, I did iGCSEs and got 4 A*s, 4 As and 2 Bs. Is there any point applying to LSE for Geography with Economics with those grades? I am hoping to get 4 As at AS level and then 3 for A level.
Thanks!
Reply 299
Hello, I am taking Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Government & Politics and planning to apply for ECONOMICS in LSE.

Do you think there would be any disadvantages for me to take G & P or would it be fine??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending