Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Because after all the NFL has been through this season, the last thing we need is to go without Patriots Schadenfreude Day for an entire year.

ReputationRep:
    £10 on Pats to win, £10 on Lynch to be MVP. You can't lose.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Early start to watch England in the cricket, and a late finish watching the SuperBowl. Great Sunday of sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Is everyone going to be supporting the Seahawks? I swear I saw a poll which only showed New England supporting the Patriots and the rest of the US backing Seahawks with the international poll answers being largely Seahawks too, it's ridiculous.

I'm going to support the Pats! But whether they'll do it is another story, the Seahawks are kind of superior this season but at the same time, the Pats are and always will be a difficult team to beat.
    It's 47-53 Seahawks at the moment...I want the Patriots to win more than the Seahawks...as it's a point of AFC pride to do...

I've done more madden predicting...my first game of the night had the Seahawks winning by three (I had a drive as the Patriots going, I had my play set and 3seconds on the clock, and their defense didn't have their play in, so I didn't have my hail mary attempt....d'oh).

Then, my final game of the night, was an absolute blowout. It wasn't even close....28-0 Patriots. I got the ball back after another missed FG attempt (they missed three, I think!), with like 1:40 on the clock...I marched down the field and got to the +3yard line, with 3 seconds on the clock.I tried a QB sneak, to no avail.

At least the Ambulance of Death didn't come out again...

ReputationRep:
    Not my team so it don't matter who wins.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at some of the honors...well...

MVP: ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH. JJ WATT HAS THE MOST DOMINATE SEASON BY ANY DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN HISTORY, 21 SACKS, 44 QB HITS, FORCED FUMBLES AND INTS FOR DAYS, FROM A 3-4 END...5 TDS, 2 RELIEVING TDS, AND HE ONLY GET'S 13 VOTES?!?!?! Rodgers had a good season...but I would have thought Romo (2 VOTES??!?) and Brady (1 VOTE?!?) would have taken a few votes from him, to be honest. The fact that Rodgers gets 31/50 votes is a ridiculous.

Take JJ Watt away from the Texans, and I think they only get 4-6 wins. JJ Watt does so much for that defense, it's unreal.

DPOY: Well, at least they got that one right.
    OPOY: Well, yeah, the best running back this season should get the award...
    CPOY: Gronk deserved it, but I would have thought a bit more recognition would have gone to Justin Forsett. Happy for Maclin to get 7 votes, and very happy for Chris Harris Jr. to get a few as well.
    OROY: Can't argue with OBJ as the pick, but I would have thought that Zack Martin would have got a few more as well.
    DROY: Again...can't argue with Donald, because he played very well down the stretch. CJ Mosley would have been a good choice. I would have thought that Borland would have got a few more though...both of them looked like that they have been in the league for a few years, tbh.

Concerning the hall of fame, Terrelle Davis gets ignored yet again, and Carlos Pace, well, he should have been in...but it seems, like every year...long periods of "just good" is better than a few years of "ABSOLUTELY OMG AMAZING"!!!.

Put it this way, if Watt was to retire tomorrow, the way the HOF is, he wouldn't get in...and I mean this in no disrespect, but if some one like Jared Allen, Mario Williams or Julius Peppers was to retire tomorrow, they will be rewarded for a slightly lower standard of play, for more years of play. They are amazing players, and I would be happy to see them get in someday, but not at the expense of Watt. The Bus was doesn't stack up to TD, but well...he was able to stay more healthy...

Very happy that Junior Seau got in, first ballot. Longevity and a top-notch standard. RIP.

ReputationRep:
    Why does Watt not move to a better team? No offence to the texans but it does seem like you're much more likely to get MVP if you get to play in the post season.

I'm not a 'proper fan' so don't know the history but even with Watt moving down the road to the cowboys would give a team with Romo, Murray, byrant etc that will probably be in the playoffs... Or would that bankrupt the cowboys? Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If watt didn't win today then a defensive player will never get it. It's absurd how much this league gravitates towards offense.

Bit surprised with the Donald one not that he doesn't deserve it because he was immense this season but I thought it would go to Mosley or Mack as they were the ones being hyped up by the media but a nice surprise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    Why does Watt not move to a better team? No offence to the texans but it does seem like you're much more likely to get MVP if you get to play in the post season.

I'm not a 'proper fan' so don't know the history but even with Watt moving down the road to the cowboys would give a team with Romo, Murray, byrant etc that will probably be in the playoffs... Or would that bankrupt the cowboys? Lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He (quite rightly) is worth a lot of money, so any team that wants him would: 1. Have to wait for him to hit free agency (he signed a contract last year iirc before he was available) and 2. Pay through the nose.

Not only that but actually Houston isn't too bad. If they find a franchise QB at some point soon (probably not in this years draft but soon), they've already got weapons in Hopkins and Foster, plus Watt (and Clowney if he pulls through to his potential) on defense. They could well be a playoff team with a couple of additions this year in FA and the draft.

ReputationRep:
    When I wake up later it'll be time. Best of luck Seahawks but I'm sorry I want y'all to lose haha!

My stomach feels like it's been Punched repeatedly and I feel like if I eat I'll vomit. So nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, question I want everyone to answer real quick.

Who do you want to win and who do you think will win tonight?

I want the seahawks to win after that comeback against the packers but I think if they start like they did that game Brady will shut them down and build a massive lead. So I think it'll be seahawks losing.

ReputationRep:
    I want the Pats to win because I've always supported them and this is the one I really want them to get, especially because of all the criticism they've had recently.

I think the score will be 30-27 Patriots and they'll win in typical SuperBowl Brady fashion. Also, have a feeling Edelman is gonna have a huge game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, question I want everyone to answer real quick.

Who do you want to win and who do you think will win tonight?

I want the seahawks to win after that comeback against the packers but I think if they start like they did that game Brady will shut them down and build a massive lead. So I think it'll be seahawks losing.

I want the Patriots to win (AFC pride)...but I could it going either way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodwinning)
    win in typical SuperBowl Brady fashion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)

That particular Eli-face never gets old...

ReputationRep:
    Score predictions?

27-24 Patriots imo.

Brady as MVP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Score predictions?

27-24 Patriots imo.

Brady as MVP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    21-19, Patriots. Blount MVP.

ReputationRep:
    Brady's gonna have a tough game, I can feel it. So is Wilson, but you already knew that.

ReputationRep:
    FOOTBALL BABY CACTUS HAS SPOKEN.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...s_footballbaby

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    FOOTBALL BABY CACTUS HAS SPOKEN.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...s_footballbaby
    and this too

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2015/2/1/7...or-best-outfit

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.