Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rid)
    Thanks a ton for that. My cousin just graduated from St. A and in terms of location and the general night life he said it really isn't as bad as people make it sound. Also he really really partied there.
    So for me I guess the decision will come down to where the teaching is better. And it really helped to hear the philosophy and politics lecturers are brilliant in durham, since I am doing PPE.
    In terms of prestige back home, unfortunately both are as unrecognised. Somehow Indian's only know London universities with a few exceptions. So I don't think that'll be much of a factor in my decision.
    Ugh, I hate being this confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the social side of at Andrews depends on who you are. It only has 1-2(?) clubs and is very small. If you prefer the 'American' campus party stuff then St. Andrews will be fine, but if you want variety you'll have to take much longer train rides than you would at Durham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    Wooo! same here! It's gonna be so much fun since it's such a small college!

I know, the feel of it is going to be so lovely, like a little community! I couldn't believe my luck, I really wanted to be on the Bailey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paarkerpenn)
    Hey, sorry to but in,
    I've applied for arch & anth at Durham via referral, I was just wondering how accommodation/colleges would work? If I get an offer, do I get assigned a college or can I choose still?
    Thanks
    Hi
    I'm in a similar position. Have you heard anything back yet? When did you apply via referral?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lililou)
    Hi
    I'm in a similar position. Have you heard anything back yet? When did you apply via referral?

Thanks
    Hi. I don't know about how referrals work. Did you apply through UCAS? If so you would have had to put a college down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by themancunian)
    Woop woop physics at St. Johns!
    Same! So excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle97)
    I know, the feel of it is going to be so lovely, like a little community! I couldn't believe my luck, I really wanted to be on the Bailey!
    A cute and little community! Same! To me it looks so pretty and nice there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElsieLark)
    Same! So excited
    Wooo that makes two of us!

ReputationRep:
    Any one from Hatfield college here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vasudha07)
    Any one from Hatfield college here?
    Aye - NatSci

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, philosophy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loreenaj)
    Got into St Chad's for both Natural Sciences and Biological Sciences! I think I'll firm the Natural Sciences course pretty soon ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chad's is great, you will love it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelba)
    Hey I got into Cuths too!

FINALLY St Cuths people, I was thinking no one had picked it but me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauraalice.)
    FINALLY St Cuths people, I was thinking no one had picked it but me
    Cuth's here,too

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone who's booked onto a residential open day been able to find out what time we'd have to arrive in Durham on the night we're staying there? I'm considering booking onto my college's (Van Mildert) residential open day but I live in the South East so I'd like to find out when I'd have to be there to sort out my transport arrangements.

Alternatively, if no one knows, is there a way of potentially finding out? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trubadur)
    Cuth's here,too

Great! I am so chuffed I was assigned Cuthbert's do you want to be on the Baily or Parson's field?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesca2602)
    Has anyone who's booked onto a residential open day been able to find out what time we'd have to arrive in Durham on the night we're staying there? I'm considering booking onto my college's (Van Mildert) residential open day but I live in the South East so I'd like to find out when I'd have to be there to sort out my transport arrangements.

Alternatively, if no one knows, is there a way of potentially finding out? Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure you have to arrive between two and six, at least thats what it seems to suggest in the post offer day open guide https://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/unde..._FULLGUIDE.pdf
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francesca2602)

It says on the Open Day guide on the website (look specifically at Van Mildert). It varies slightly by college but generally plan to arrive 4pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauraalice.)
    Great! I am so chuffed I was assigned Cuthbert's do you want to be on the Baily or Parson's field?
    :five:Very pleased,too as CUTH's was the college I applied for
    We still have time to decide, for the moment I am mostly considering catered for the first year(lazy girl).In this case Bailey should be the best solution.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to you both! I must have missed that guide...

ReputationRep:
    I'm reading Chemistry (MChem) and have been allocated to my preferred choice, Chads!

I've not heard of anybody who has applied to another college and been reallocated to Chads. Could that be because it's already so over subscribed?

Also, has anyone set up a Facebook group yet for others allocated to Chads? I feel it would be great to get to know other people before we go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.