Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA English Literature GCSE 2015 JUNE SUMMER *OFFICIAL THREAD* OMAM AIC Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra kosser)
    what about curley?
    They might use the scene where he fights with Lennie, so that the context question can be about the role of violence in 1930s ranch life. Or heirachys

ReputationRep:
    My teacher thinks the theme will be tension in OMAM this year. Anyone else think this is a possibility?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any notes on Gerald Croft from An Inspector Calls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiskeith)
    My teacher thinks the theme will be tension in OMAM this year. Anyone else think this is a possibility?
    My teacher was thinking the same and thinking that the scene where curely fights lennie will come at and the possibly part b will be on curely or a theme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almahoney)
    My teacher was thinking the same and thinking that the scene where curely fights lennie will come at and the possibly part b will be on curely or a theme?
    Yes, mine said the fight scene is possibility, or the tension in the room when Candy's dog is killed

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else trying to remember as many quotes as they can so they don't need to go through the book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, mine said the fight scene is possibility, or the tension in the room when Candy's dog is killed
    Yeah, it's annoying thought because i have barely any notes for that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra kosser)
    what about curley?
    Oh yh and Curley.. But I'd personally prefer the other two since I'm not sure what they could actually ask about him..

ReputationRep:
    My teacher's an examiner and she said the ending of AIC & OMAM hasnt come up yet. Neither has Slim in OMAM.
    Anyone got any other predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trihawk7)
    Is anyone else trying to remember as many quotes as they can so they don't need to go through the book?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learn pg references in relation to the theme or character they ask about.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any good in-depth quotes for how Steinbeck represents Slim?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got A* examples of AIC & OMAM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnimeFreak101)
    My teacher's an examiner and she said the ending of AIC & OMAM hasnt come up yet. Neither has Slim in OMAM.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Slim has come up.
    Crooks and Lennie talking together hasn't and neither has Curley or Candy when he is trying to get involved with G+L dream on the farm

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Slim came up in June 2013... Carlson, Candy and his dog and Curley haven't come up. The ending of AIC has come up but the ending OMAM hasnt.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got RS and this English lit exam on the same day? -.-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PixieSprinkle)
    They might use the scene where he fights with Lennie, so that the context question can be about the role of violence in 1930s ranch life. Or heirachys
    yes and maybe the scene where he is introduced on middle of page 46-middle of page 47?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anks1329)
    Slim came up in June 2013... Carlson, Candy and his dog and Curley haven't come up. The ending of AIC has come up but the ending OMAM hasnt.
    Wasn't that in Northern Ireland or something? I'm kinda starting to get confused, I'll just check the website.
    But if Carlson does come up what kind of questions are they like to ask & which bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anks1329)
    Oh yh and Curley.. But I'd personally prefer the other two since I'm not sure what they could actually ask about him..
    so for the extract question they could potentially use the scene where he is introduced or the scene where he fights with lennie

for the second context question they could ask about isolation or maybe violence but more likely to be isolation

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The ending of AIC has come up in the June 2013 paper...

ReputationRep:
    mr birling has not directly come up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.