Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A2 AQA ICT June 2015 Revision Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've come to the point where i have actually given up ! Done absolutely no revision today unless reading this TL counts as revision ha

ReputationRep:
    Everyones finished exams only this cruddy one left cant wait have a couple of pints on tuesday lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmahdays)
    Everyones finished exams only this cruddy one left cant wait have a couple of pints on tuesday lol
    Same bro. I'm just avoiding social media until after the exam lol.

ReputationRep:
    What have you guys gotten in the other units and what do you want overall?

I got:

INFO 1 - E (48 UMS LOL, but retook it and it went so much better. Would like to say I got a B in it this time round)
    INFO 2 - A (87 UMS)
    INFO 3 - Approximately 61/70 raw marks (A) but subject to change when examiners mark it
    INFO 4 - Aiming for a mid A and since I need an A overall otherwise I most likely won't get into my firm.

Praying for a standard paper which is similar to past papers. When I look at past papers I can confidently do them, but the 20 marker is the make or break for me :/ just hope it's something I don't struggle to answer

Also does anybody know what the total UMS is for the four units - is it just out of 400? Since they're all different marks I'm not sure how to convert the raw marks into UMS, so I can't accurately predict what I need in INFO 4 for an A overall

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAKAKA17)

I got:

INFO 1 - E (48 UMS LOL, but retook it and it went so much better. Would like to say I got a B in it this time round)
    INFO 2 - A (87 UMS)
    INFO 3 - Approximately 61/70 raw marks (A) but subject to change when examiners mark it
    INFO 4 - Aiming for a mid A and since I need an A overall otherwise I most likely won't get into my firm.

Praying for a standard paper which is similar to past papers. When I look at past papers I can confidently do them, but the 20 marker is the make or break for me :/ just hope it's something I don't struggle to answer

Also does anybody know what the total UMS is for the four units - is it just out of 400? Since they're all different marks I'm not sure how to convert the raw marks into UMS, so I can't accurately predict what I need in INFO 4 for an A overall
    Info 1/2 out of 100
    info 3 out of 120
    info 4 is out of 80.
    Total is 400
    You need 320/400 for an A overall.

I got B's in info 1 and 2(kinda winged it on the spot). Retook them both, went much better as i'd revised.

ReputationRep:
    Info 1: 80/100 UMS (A)
    Info 2: 86/100 UMS (A)
    Info 3: need a decent B for an overall A
    Info 4: Not sure of raw mark but have been told an A

ReputationRep:
    If you took your AS exams last June or before you can calculate the UMS using your raw marks via this http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historyfrenchfan)
    Same bro. I'm just avoiding social media until after the exam lol.
    Im only joking ill be fasting lol as i am now

ReputationRep:
    I got:

B (Info 1) (Not sure about ums)
    B (Info 2) (not sure about Ums)
    A (info 4) (64 UMS)

what do i need in info 3 to get a B overall?

ReputationRep:

I got:

INFO 2 - A (87 UMS)

Info 1 - 68/100 UMS (C)
    Info 2 - 93/100 UMS (A)
    Info 3 - Would like to get an A in this unit, particularly since I want an A overall in ICT
    Info 4 - No idea as my teacher has not informed me of the final mark I was given (of course it is subject to change with regard to the examiners), although the last time it had been marked (coursework was still incomplete at this point) my coursework was 60/70 raw marks

I'm not too sure what I would like to come up in this paper to be quite honest - I'm not too bad when it comes to essays as I'm used to essay writing due to taking psychology, although I suppose it is dependent on the criteria of the questions being asked. Lets hope that we get a good paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarpZsc)
    I got:

B (Info 1) (Not sure about ums)
    B (Info 2) (not sure about Ums)
    A (info 4) (64 UMS)

what do i need in info 3 to get a B overall?
    At the bare minimum (70 UMS on both INFO1 and 2) you would need 76 UMS in INFO 3 which on last year's paper would have roughly 65 raw marks (77 UMS) - a mid C.

ReputationRep:
    So can anyone help me summarize the topics into section A & B to avoid revising things that won't come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BritishRose)
    At the bare minimum (70 UMS on both INFO1 and 2) you would need 76 UMS in INFO 3 which on last year's paper would have roughly 65 raw marks (77 UMS) - a mid C.
    Ohh i see, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmahdays)
    Im only joking ill be fasting lol as i am now
    I found this funnier than i should have !

ReputationRep:
    Organisations can develop new systems by accessing data contained inlegacy systems. (1) This can be performed using screen-scraping (1), whereinformation from multiple legacy systems is re-displayed to users. (1)Price comparison websites (1) typically use screen-scraping to access thelegacy systems from multiple organisations.

Guys this answer to a question in June 12...where it says screen scraping does that basically mean a screen shot?

ReputationRep:
    For a question that refers to testing, how do you guys know which types to talk about - since there are so many..?

Requirements based testing
    Program testing
    System testing
    Regression testing
    Alpha testing
    Beta testing
    Hardware testing
    Software testing
    Functional testing
    User testing
    Operational testing
    White box testing
    Black box testing

Way too many types, can you use any of them to answer a generic question about testing or are there keywords that tell you which to talk about?
    THIS, cannot get my head round this, might have to make a stupid song haha.

ReputationRep:
    Discuss the implications of possible future developments and future uses of ICT. Include in your answer the impact future developments may have on the way organisations are run.

This is a 20 marker on the June 2012 paper.

Any points to answer this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many marks can I afford to lose to get an A overall in this paper?

I got a high A in unit 1, I think a low A in unit 2, teacher hasn't told me my mark but said it is a B or higher (so let's assume it's exactly a B) - what grade would I need to get in this paper to get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have notes on future development?

Not the whole unit, just new/emerging technologies/future tech which we could talk about? This question appears all the time so would be good if we discussed I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    How many marks can I afford to lose to get an A overall in this paper?

I got a high A in unit 1, I think a low A in unit 2, teacher hasn't told me my mark but said it is a B or higher (so let's assume it's exactly a B) - what grade would I need to get in this paper to get an A overall?
    You would need to get a mid high B in info 3 to get an A overall. Here is the breakdown for each unit and the total amount of marks you need.
    grading-system.pdf

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.