Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mandy123mandy123)
    Hi Ive just confirmed my place at Sheffield through clearing but I haven't received an email from Sheffield about the information , and also when do I enrol ?
    Good afternoon

Congratulations on choosing Sheffield! Normally, our system updates from UCAS overnight and then you will receive an email from us once this has taken place. If you haven't received an email by tomorrow morning, please contact the Applicant Information Desk (AID): http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/aid/contact

Enrolment is part of our Registration process. There are some things we need you to do before you come to Sheffield and a number of meetings you'll attend when you come to Sheffield in September. All the details for UK/EU undergraduate students are now online at: www.sheffield.ac.uk/registration/newstudents/atregistration/homeug and you can also download the 'The Essential Guide to Registration' from this webpage too.

Note for other students: if you're an international student or a postgraduate student, please follow the relevant links to the Registration information that is appropriate for you: www.sheffield.ac.uk/registration/newstudents/before

Best regards

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Good afternoon

This is just a quick note to say that due to staff holidays I'm afraid there will be a slight break in transmission from answering your questions this week. We will be back in the office on Tuesday and will pick up your questions then.

Have a good Bank Holiday weekend

Elizabeth
    UK/EU Student Recruitment Officer

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be applying to Sheffield University in the coming months but am considering deferring my entry for a year to gain some valuable work experience. Do I need to state this when I apply, e.g in my personal statement, or will there be an opportunity to defer my entry later on in my application? Many thanks.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Yasmin R-K)
    Hi, I will be applying to Sheffield University in the coming months but am considering deferring my entry for a year to gain some valuable work experience. Do I need to state this when I apply, e.g in my personal statement, or will there be an opportunity to defer my entry later on in my application? Many thanks.
    Hello

Thank you for your message.

On the UCAS application you can state what year of entry you are interested in applying to. There is a tick box on the form.

Have a good weekend.

Best wishes,

Nancy
    Student Recruitment Administrator

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting uni this September and will be staying in derwent accommodation in Endcliffe. I was just wondering how many rooms there are to each hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeDaw)
    Hi, I'm starting uni this September and will be staying in derwent accommodation in Endcliffe. I was just wondering how many rooms there are to each hall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If I remember correctly, flats in Derwent have 10 rooms

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it's the right place to ask this but are module timetables on MUSE complete? I have on average 10 hours of lectures a week on there with 2 days off for Chemical Engineering. Is this normal or should I expect it to change soon?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sa97)
    Not sure if it's the right place to ask this but are module timetables on MUSE complete? I have on average 10 hours of lectures a week on there with 2 days off for Chemical Engineering. Is this normal or should I expect it to change soon?
    Hello

Timetables will be circulated during Intro Week. The teaching timetables available on the University website don't necessarily include all information at this stage.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Nancy

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    Quick question!
    Any idea of how many people share a kitchenette in the catered carrysbrook court accommodation third floor? (I'm in room 18 so does that mean I'll have to share a kitchenette with a minimum of 17 others?)

Thank you in advance for the reply
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Joeeel97)
    Hello!
    Quick question!
    Any idea of how many people share a kitchenette in the catered carrysbrook court accommodation third floor? (I'm in room 18 so does that mean I'll have to share a kitchenette with a minimum of 17 others?)

Thank you in advance for the reply
    Hello

In Carrysbrook Court there is one kitchenette per floor which will be shared by around 30 students.

I hope this helps and have a great weekend.

Best wishes,

Nancy

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm moving into student accomdation (kinder in ranmoor) next Saturday. I'm a keen cyclist and use my bike to get around everywhere and I wanted to join the road cycling team. I'm a bit worried about where I can store it. Do you happen to know if there's any indoor bike storage near the accomodation?? Also do I need to let the university know that I'm bringing my bike ahead of time??
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Emmatkempton)
    Hi, I'm moving into student accomdation (kinder in ranmoor) next Saturday. I'm a keen cyclist and use my bike to get around everywhere and I wanted to join the road cycling team. I'm a bit worried about where I can store it. Do you happen to know if there's any indoor bike storage near the accomodation?? Also do I need to let the university know that I'm bringing my bike ahead of time??
    Hello

There is cycle storage at the accommodation, although anything left will be at your own risk.

You sign for it when you arrive and don't need to tell the accommodation in advance.

I hope this helps. Enjoy Intro Week!

Nancy

ReputationRep:
    Heya. Just wondering, how long do module choice and main registration take on average? As on the timetable they're only fifteen minutes apart S:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The University of Sheffield)
    Hello

There is cycle storage at the accommodation, although anything left will be at your own risk.

You sign for it when you arrive and don't need to tell the accommodation in advance.

I hope this helps. Enjoy Intro Week!

Nancy

Just checking is the cycle storage indoors or under a cover? Or should i invest in a bike cover?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hello

Thanks for your message.

The timetable will be accurate with regards to timings. The Octagon and Goodwin Sports Centre are not far apart and it only takes around 5 minutes to walk from one to the other.

If you are concerned, it may be wise to arrive at your first meeting slightly before schedule in case there are queues.

Enjoy Intro Week!

Nancy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.