Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katieem92)
    I just phoned, she said end of this week for those that haven't heard yet.
    If it's good news I'll be sweating chemistry all Easter, and if not I will probably book a last minute holiday somewhere hot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask; those of you who went to interview, did anything to do with interview ever show up in your ucas? Or did it always just say referred/waiting for decisions until your offer came through?
    Mines not shown anything different since October but I didn't know if that was because I was an interview afterthought

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask; those of you who went to interview, did anything to do with interview ever show up in your ucas? Or did it always just say referred/waiting for decisions until your offer came through?
    Mines not shown anything different since October but I didn't know if that was because I was an interview afterthought

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Always just said reffered, no 'interview' have you not heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turnip17)
    Always just said reffered, no 'interview' have you not heard yet?
    Nope! I called Tuesday and was told everyone would be notified by the end of the week. But the only other person on this thread I was aware of who hadn't been told at that time was rejected last night!
    So I don't even know what to think.
    I'm expecting rejection now pretty much. Or if they do want me I was like absolute bottom of their list and only just made the cut....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope! I called Tuesday and was told everyone would be notified by the end of the week. But the only other person on this thread I was aware of who hadn't been told at that time was rejected last night!
    So I don't even know what to think.
    I'm expecting rejection now pretty much. Or if they do want me I was like absolute bottom of their list and only just made the cut....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even if you are bottom of the list that's nothing to be down about! Getting to interviews is hard enough good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a wreck today. I literally do not know of one single other person who doesn't know yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Kay so lady on the phone lied when she said end of the week... Nothing. So the wait continues... I assume rejection

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An update on the big sheffield mess around; Phoned anonymously again today, having emailed Friday with no response, and a new voice (male) at the other end said I would hear by the end of THIS week. When I was told last week it would be the Friday just gone. I don't understand how it can take them 2 and a half weeks start to finish to tell everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    considering applying here for dentistry this October as I'm taking a gap year..

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer! Bb, literally cannot stop crying.

ReputationRep:
    Just got my offer! Bb, literally cannot stop crying.
    Omg I'm so happy for you! Well done )))))))))

ReputationRep:
    I just got my letter through about DBS check and immunisations, it doesn't say explicitly but I'm assuming the DBS check is something we have to get done before we start, and pay for ourselves? It wasn't overly clear, just said had to be done this academic year. Anyone know anything more specific?

ReputationRep:
    I just got my letter through about DBS check and immunisations, it doesn't say explicitly but I'm assuming the DBS check is something we have to get done before we start, and pay for ourselves? It wasn't overly clear, just said had to be done this academic year. Anyone know anything more specific?
    this is something I also want to know- also for the health check do we need to immunised against hepatitis b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardworker?)
    this is something I also want to know- also for the health check do we need to immunised against hepatitis b?
    I've looked on the gov website Re DBS and from what I can gather it's a check for your employer to arrange, you just have to supply the right documentation, passport, license etc.

https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barrin...check/overview

" Who can ask for a DBS checkAn employer can ask for a DBS check for certain roles.
    DBS eligibility guidance lists most roles that are eligible for a check. However, the guidance isn’t comprehensive so contact DBS if unsure.

Applicants (job candidates) can’t do a criminal records check on themselves. Instead, they can request a ‘basic disclosure’ fromDisclosure Scotland (you don’t have to be from Scotland to do this) "

Thats from the website ^^^^ so I assume we just wait and they do it when we start, the letter was just warning us we have to have it done?

Also yes, Hep B immunisation is compulsory.

I've had all my jabs because I have to have them to work as a dental nurse anyway, but the Hep B is a course of several jabs. 3 months apart over 9 months, followed by a blood test to check that you're immune.

They prefer you to arrange your Hep B so that you're course of injections is complete or at least underway when you start. You can arrange this at your GP but I don't know how much they would charge. My letter said that if you can't arrange it they can do it through occupational health when you start, but if you fail to acquire immunity to it you can't carry on.

So for the health check I assume you need to have had everything, ideally including Hep B if possible, before you start.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys applied for accomodation yet. if so where? Confused as to whether to go to city centre or endcliffe

ReputationRep:
    endcliffe for me i think! Loved it on the open day.. just waiting for dundee so i can firm

ReputationRep:
    Ummm... I might be being really stupid, but where are you guys looking for accommodation, like where do you apply, can someone send me a link??

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondering how people are going about getting their hep B vaccines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i9l7f)
    Hey just wondering how people are going about getting their hep B vaccines?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can get it through your GP but will have to pay, or free at a GUM clinic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else finding the online health questionnaire a total ball ache?
    Like how we should know the date we had chicken pox... My mum laughed in my face.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.