Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 90780)
    Ah thats good,mine should be similar. I'm really not sure! I I want a single en-suite room but, i think quite a few colleges share soo, I'm looking at St Cuthbert and Bulter but i haven't finalisied it. I think that the Politics building is quite far from the City Centre which is a bit annoying as I want to be close to the centre.
    When I did my summer school there the walk was pretty manageable (emphasis on the pretty, oh my God). But hillside colleges like Mary's, Aidan's, Trevs, Van Mildert and Grey are right by the Politics building.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakeislife)
    Anyone else doing languages?

GCSE 5A* 6A
    AS AAAB
    Predictions A*AA
    I am! Which ones? I'm applying for French and Spanish post-A level.

GCSE: 11 A*s
    AS: AAAA (French, Spanish, English lit., music (dropped it...)
    Don't know my A-level predictions

(Original post by SosbanFach)
    I am! Which ones? I'm applying for French and Spanish post-A level.

GCSE: 11 A*s
    AS: AAAA (French, Spanish, English lit., music (dropped it...)
    Don't know my A-level predictions

Your grades are so good I'm applying for french (deferred) , where else are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone go to the Durham Open day on Saturday? Found it decent, a lot of walking though. I am applying for Geography at Hatfield.

GCSEs - 7 A*s 3 As

AS Levels - AAAA 92.3% average.

Stayed at St Chad's overnight for the open day though and the cathedral bell was sooo loud. Noty to staying there again.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anything bad about University College? (Apart from the oversubscribing.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Is there anything bad about University College? (Apart from the oversubscribing.)
    For some people the fact that it's very formal might be a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Your grades are so good I'm applying for french (deferred) , where else are you applying?
    Cambridge, St. Andrews, Southampton and Exeter How about you? And which college do you reckon you'll go for?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

My subject: Law
    GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A
    AS-levels: AAAA in English Literature, French, Religious Studies, and Fine Art (dropped art at A2 btw)

I applied for University College, but I won't be surprised if I'm not allocated there (if I get an offer at all, that is) because it's so popular. I liked Chad's though

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for education and sociology
    GCSE: 5xA*4xA
    AS-Levels: 2xA 2xB
    Predictions: AAA

And I wanted to apply for university college but this thread has kinda put me off because I didn't realise it was so oversubscribed... perhaps if nobody applies because of the oversubscribing it won't be anymore lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Hello everyone

My subject: Law
    GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A*A
    AS-levels: AAAA in English Literature, French, Religious Studies, and Fine Art (dropped art at A2 btw)

I applied for University College, but I won't be surprised if I'm not allocated there (if I get an offer at all, that is) because it's so popular. I liked Chad's though
    Your grades are insane! I'm sure you'll get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajs4815)
    Your grades are insane! I'm sure you'll get in
    Thanks, but I have a feeling my LNAT won't be so great :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Thanks, but I have a feeling my LNAT won't be so great :/
    Hey you don't know that im sure it will be fine as long as you prepare for it properly

(Original post by SosbanFach)
    Cambridge, St. Andrews, Southampton and Exeter How about you? And which college do you reckon you'll go for?

Oxford (unrealistic I know, but I may as well try), Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham I've gone for st hild and st bede, how about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

My subject: English Literature
    GCSE: 7A* 3A
    AS: AAAA in English Literature, Art, Drama, Film
    Predicted: A*A*A* (Dropped Film)

I'm applying to Josephine Butler

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    I'm applying for University College for Politics. What are my chances of being allocated to Castle as opposed to another college?
    It's unpredictable whether you get into Castle as it is so popular. But then again other colleges such as Chads, Hatfield etc are popular too. I'd go for it, you never know your luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone -

I got 17 A*s at GCSE, 4 As with a 98.7% average at AS and an A* in Further Maths. I'm not sure I'm going to get in for PE. What do you think?

Thanks -

Riley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebowey)
    It's unpredictable whether you get into Castle as it is so popular. But then again other colleges such as Chads, Hatfield etc are popular too. I'd go for it, you never know your luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I am of a similar mind. I'm just going to go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Oxford (unrealistic I know, but I may as well try), Bristol, Warwick and Nottingham I've gone for st hild and st bede, how about you?
    Not really unrealistic, you've got good GCSEs and excellent AS :yep: I'm thinking I'll go for Cuths, I quite like the Parson's field site.

ReputationRep:
    Applying to St Johns for Combined Hons in Social Sciences

ReputationRep:
    Predicted 41 Points at IB with 776 HL, applying for International Relations

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.