Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danni_079)
    Haha bless you!! Decided for sure on accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not yet lol. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jams97)
    Not yet lol. How about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope! Haha I'm torn, I like different ones for different reasons, need an ensuite though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope! Haha I'm torn, I like different ones for different reasons, need an ensuite though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I deffo need an ensuite... But don't think I can afford expensive accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I deffo need an ensuite... But don't think I can afford expensive accommodation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know what you mean! None of them are cheap anymore though :/. Try and get a job, or maybe get some help from the uni? They have a fund for students struggling if you need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean! None of them are cheap anymore though :/. Try and get a job, or maybe get some help from the uni? They have a fund for students struggling if you need it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah...I don't think the university money is guaranteed...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah...I don't think the university money is guaranteed...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not guaranteed but if you can prove you need help (they give you a form to fill out your expenses), they have to assist you, as they can't leave you struggling. But there's always tons of jobs in Canterbury, so I wouldn't worry too much .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not guaranteed but if you can prove you need help (they give you a form to fill out your expenses), they have to assist you, as they can't leave you struggling. But there's always tons of jobs in Canterbury, so I wouldn't worry too much .

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok that's a relief, thanks 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No problem ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an email from Canterbury acknowledging that you have formed your place ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received an email from Canterbury acknowledging that you have formed your place ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everyone gets those

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets those

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I haven't yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok that's a relief, thanks ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can always apply for a crisis loan but they probably wouldn't give it to you unless you really needed it. Are you entitled to grant for your student finance? I lived quite comfortably in Lanfranc last year despite having no job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    You can always apply for a crisis loan but they probably wouldn't give it to you unless you really needed it. Are you entitled to grant for your student finance? I lived quite comfortably in Lanfranc last year despite having no job.
    Yeah I am entitled, just know that the bursary is not a fixed amount so I won't have a lie how much I 'could' get!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I haven't yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It can take a while trust me, you're likely to get one once the deadline is up in May .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    All of the halls prices have been increased, it's going to be a struggle for everyone :/.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for adult nursing at November 2014 but I haven't heard any replies about my application from Canterbury Christ!! So scared!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smartyparty)
    I've applied for adult nursing at November 2014 but I haven't heard any replies about my application from Canterbury Christ!! So scared!!!!!
    They have until May to get back to you! Don't worry, you'll hear soon .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i really hope so. thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi I may be a bit late replying to this 🙈, trying to find people going in September too!
    I've applied for Advertising and Media Communications, chosen as my firm choice!
    Accomodation lines open tomorrow! (still undecided haha)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olihall6)
    Hi I may be a bit late replying to this 🙈, trying to find people going in September too!
    I've applied for Advertising and Media Communications, chosen as my firm choice!
    Accomodation lines open tomorrow! (still undecided haha)
    YAY someone that's going to be on my media and communications course, well at least for some of it . Accommodation opens tomorrow? Wow I didn't think it was that early!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.