Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by datpiff)
    I'm sorry, but I feel that is such a white middle class male view.

let me change that post:

"I just don't get why people care? People ALWAYS only want things that benefit them and complain about stuff that doesn't. However, some people (for example, certain RACIAL EQUALITY ACTIVISTS) somehow get influenced that all their problems are caused by anything but themselves. How the heck do a few N-WORDS in a newspaper affect your life? There are just too many people in the world that just love to hate and stir arguments over STUPID things. The worse thing about is, is that some of these people are hypocrites or just plain stupid. I remember reading a comment on Youtube in a song video that went on about how some groups are always stereotyped and what not. It ended with "F Russia"....Yep, because every single Russian is homophobic, BLACK hating Putin follower?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry for reviving an old thread but I haven't been very active and just seen this reply to my comment.

The comparison you have made is just pointless. Racism discriminates against innocent people and directly affects the victims. Ink on paper of models that probably even enjoy what they do does not cause any physical or mental harm to you personally. I just don't understand how pictures of topless women affect your life at all. To me, its the same as saying that violent games influence people to become murderers.
    The truth is, whether these pictures existed or not, would not change anything. This is why I think this whole campaign was pointless. If you want to solve a problem, tackle the root of the problem, not some effect of it that really most people couldn't care less about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.