Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Wenger's economics degree coming in handy

The man is a proper superscrimper. Every penny counts mentality

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ the notion Wenger controlling the exchange market.

ReputationRep:
    Subtle bait Is subtle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    So basically you're saying Wenger out?
    No, I'm not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Utd have put us out of the Cup 3 times since 2005 IIRC and of course there was the Giggs semi final in 1999, so they have form against us. But I wouldnt be distraught at a home tie against them really although even then they can take us to the replay and beat us so obviously best avoided if possible
    Why are football fans so superstitious? Arsene Wenger said it best "football is not made of history, football is made of performances".
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Monaco going really well in Ligue 1. Could be a potential banana skin for you lot in the next round of the CL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    Why are football fans so superstitious? Arsene Wenger said it best "football is not made of history, football is made of performances".
    Go back to the United vs Arsenal game at the Emirates this season and you will see why.

ReputationRep:
    Come on you Gunners, let's win another CUP!! Is it naive of me to already be semi-celebrating our victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliyaHussain)
    Come on you Gunners, let's win another CUP!! Is it naive of me to already be semi-celebrating our victory.
    I was celebrating last season after Wigan beat Man City I knew we would win the cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al_94)
    I was celebrating last season after Wigan beat Man City I knew we would win the cup.
    Ditto. I can't help it.

Man city- out
    Chelsea- out
    Tottenham- out
    Southampton - out

Only got Liverpool and United who are actual threats, and then the cups ours to lose.
    Although I'm thinking Leicter City could be the dark horse in the competition.
    I don't know... wait until the draw today before I go crazy.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    I'd do anything for Cambridge to somehow rain on United's parade at OT but it's an unlikely victory. Same could be said for Bradford at Chelsea though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'd do anything for Cambridge to somehow rain on United's parade at OT but it's an unlikely victory. Same could be said for Bradford at Chelsea though...
    Here's hoping

No chance, but here's hoping. You never know, if they have a bad day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Not gonna happen. Utd already underestimated them once but I doubt they will again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Monaco going really well in Ligue 1. Could be a potential banana skin for you lot in the next round of the CL.
    agree.

I get that people are happy because we drew one of the easier teams out of those we could have drawn..

But just because they are easier then bayern or barca, does not mean we will walk over them, and not have any difficulties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    agree.

I get that people are happy because we drew one of the easier teams out of those we could have drawn..

But just because they are easier then bayern or barca, does not mean we will walk over them, and not have any difficulties.
    Anyone who thinks we will definitely beat monaco is a mug. Same goes for those who think the FA cup is in the bag already.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    agree.

Berbatov to score...

ReputationRep:
    Think it's more of a case that we have a better chance if qualifying for the QF. It's not going to be an easy ride by any means, I mean come on - this is the champions league. I don't think any Arsenal fan is, or should be, thinking that this tie is already pretty much won.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VanGaalOut)
    Lol @ the notion Wenger controlling the exchange market.
    He ain't he just knows his ****.

ReputationRep:
    Girlfriend works with this girl who won 16 grand on a 2 quid accumulator on the FA cup results. Kicking myself for not putting a cheeky bet down myself.

Here's the story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/footb...-10002203.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    Girlfriend works with this girl who won 16 grand on a 2 quid accumulator on the FA cup results. Kicking myself for not putting a cheeky bet down myself.

Here's the story: http://www.standard.co.uk/news/footb...-10002203.html
    So you are from Hackney and know a certain Rosie Leigh

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.