Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    Yes. The desire to be liked and accepted (normative) or the desire to be correct (informational) are the explanations of why people conform.
    And referent social influence

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    And referent social influence
    Yes, that is the name of the topic

ReputationRep:
    Cheers roman and wabbit

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone's revision is going well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunDun111)
    I revised it in 3 days before my unit 1 mock and got a B depends on your memory (see what I did there)' if your memory isn't the best I'd revise a lot this week.
    haha! I have revised half of the content so far just need to go over research methods now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spiritless98)
    Yea u can
    BUT make sure u learn it all properly inside out x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hope I can haha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GelukkigChloe)
    When evaluating research, there are two ways you can go about it. The first way is to find other research that either supports or disproves the research that you are evaluating.
    The second is criticising the experimental method, using your knowledge of the procedure of the study and the content you've learned in the research methods module.

If you are talking about aggression/peer relations, you are better off learning two studies for and two studies against both day care on aggression or peer relations.

It is very unlikely you will have to evaluate research for how research has influenced childcare practices. Just memories two or three studies with what they found and then how they used these findings to better childcare. Though, I've only found that you have to memorise the components of high-quality day care, e.g. Low staff:children ratio, low staff turnover, mixed-age groups, structured time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yh my teacher told me it is impossible that childcare practices will come up as a 12 marker but instead as a 2 4 or marker so no need to worry about that aspect

ReputationRep:
    can someone give me a full a02 answer for evaluating rutter study on privation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    Yh my teacher told me it is impossible that childcare practices will come up as a 12 marker but instead as a 2 4 or marker so no need to worry about that aspect
    Is that definite?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K3lvin)
    I wouldn't trust this, as it is 100% possible for it to come up as a 12 marker however I do agree that it is unlikely to come up as some may argue that there is a lack of material.

ReputationRep:
    If the essay in the social influence section was to outline and evaluate the role of minority influence in social change, what would the ao1 be? Would it be minority putting their ideas forward while being non dogmatic etc. snowball effect occurs and minority view becomes majority view. Or it that wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm having serious issues with revising for PSYA1 is it possible to still get a good grade with 4 days of intense revision?? I'm struggling to remember the studies. and how do I cram? ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Romanoff)
    I wouldn't trust this, as it is 100% possible for it to come up as a 12 marker however I do agree that it is unlikely to come up as some may argue that there is a lack of material.
    I agree as there is not enough material to cover this question because the a01 is practically the a02 if u understand what im saying and there isnt much that can be said on a02 so i would not expect this question to come up as a 12 marker no way

ReputationRep:
    Should I learn one memory strategy or 2?

ReputationRep:
    Should I learn one memory strategy or 2?
    More than one because they have asked in previous papers to discuss and explain two or more memory strategies

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a hand explaining or post any notes or details on long-term disruption of attachment?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geeee11)
    More than one because they have asked in previous papers to discuss and explain two or more memory strategies
    I have learned method of loci, any advise on which other one?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, does anyone know if we have to know about schemas for psya1, it's in the book but it's not in the spec :/

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have learned method of loci, any advise on which other one?
    First letter Mnemonics or Acrostics are two easy methods to remember.

ReputationRep:
    12 marker predictions?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.