Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TwinnyP)
    Imagine bragging about pulling women on a student forum. Oh wait.
    So... where's the punchline

I haven't even bragged though :lol: I mentioned I don't drink, someone asked if I go on the pull still, we discussed it, someone chipped in with a frankly moronic view and hilarious lack of reading skill, and I just provided my thoughts. Simply been replying to what's been said, the whole converaation just happens to be about pulling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I just skipped out the fun care free young person part and went straight to 'dealing with life' drinking :-/

What;s annoying is that I'm sure I felt more happy doing my normal hobbies when I didn't knwo what drinking was like. It;s hard to tell whether ti is the drink or just general growing up. Anyway I was 19 before I started drinking properly. Compared to a lot of people I know I'm basically a teetotal monk.
    Yeah, I think a lot of people do that . To be honest, drink or not, I think most adults lose interest in their hobbies to some degree. Most just don't have the time for them anymore between working, food shopping, household chores and sleeping etc and when you have free time all you want to do is relax because you're so tired....and most people choose destructive ways to relax such as drinking, smoking, binge eating etc. The vicious circle of adulthood. Personally, I try my best to avoid all of that and do more positive things when I have free time (exercising, volunteering, arts and crafts) otherwise your free time just gets eaten up with trying to escape reality and your only reality becomes work. I guess you have to try to create a positive reality in you free time rather than trying to escape it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Yeah, I think a lot of people do that . To be honest, drink or not, I think most adults lose interest in their hobbies to some degree. Most just don't have the time for them anymore between working, food shopping, household chores and sleeping etc and when you have free time all you want to do is relax because you're so tired....and most people choose destructive ways to relax such as drinking, smoking, binge eating etc. The vicious circle of adulthood. Personally, I try my best to avoid all of that and do more positive things when I have free time (exercising, volunteering, arts and crafts) otherwise your free time just gets eaten up with trying to escape reality and your only reality becomes work. I guess you have to try to create a positive reality in you free time rather than trying to escape it.
    That's only for men who have fallen into the trap of the corporate world and will live dull miserable lives caring for there wives and children who they later resent because the wife never puts out and they're all a drain of money. The wife later gets bored and cheats on the man who finds out, they divorce the women takes half of his money and all his kids leaving the father paying for them for the rest of their life

That is not for me nooooo thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    :rofl: This is hilariously inaccurate... Get real mate. If I went to a club to pick up a chick that's pissed out of her face and didn't know WTF she was doing, then yes, that'd be creepy as **** - how you got the impression that I do that, though, I have no idea when I already said, I don't go for the ones that are pissed. Try reading properly. I simply roll in about an hour after everyone has gotten there, loosened up a bit and are open to chit chatting with strangers. If that's weird then congratulations, you must have the ****ing Everest of moral compasses, well done you :congrats:

Clubs aren't a **** place to pick up a ONS at all IME, you just have to know WTF you're doing. You seem to be very young, clearly have lots to learn still but it's fine pal, it'll come in time

And for the record, I'm not an "older man", I'm in my mid 20s and I go for girls my own sort of age. How do I know they're my own age? Because, I talk to them.
    Yes I can read, I know you don't pick up girls who are drunk out of their mind, but it's still pretty creepy for a 26 old guy to do this. Have you not grown up?

They're not **** but not the best place, I'm young (to you) but I've learnt all I need to know especially avoiding all that PUA crap and running games just to get a shag.... smh...

Mhmmm that's older considering most people who go clubbing are students but you're not old.

Still creepy though. Are you not bored of ONS by now though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cole-slaw)
    What's the point in having physique goals if you're not going out and using it to pull?
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    :facepalm:
    No, but seriously. Sacrificing an enjoyable social life to try and get super buff for no apparent reason is just retarded. Its like revising your ass off for an exam and then not bothering to turn up.

ReputationRep:
    No, but seriously. Sacrificing an enjoyable social life to try and get super buff for no apparent reason is just retarded. Its like revising your ass off for an exam and then not bothering to turn up.
    Yes when you put it like that it makes sense but a lot of people don't have physique goals to pull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    That's only for men who have fallen into the trap of the corporate world and will live dull miserable lives caring for there wives and children who they later resent because the wife never puts out and they're all a drain of money. The wife later gets bored and cheats on the man who finds out, they divorce the women takes half of his money and all his kids leaving the father paying for them for the rest of their life

That is not for me nooooo thank you
    Men in the corporate world at least get packets of money and when they have their mid life crisis can **** off their job and do something else. Plus a lot probably enjoy their job being their life.

The reality for a large swaves of society is doing non meaningful/stressful/low paid/<insert something else> work where they have even less control over their life.

But what if you are happy with your working week reality being work? To be honest that is the only way I can imagine being truly happy, but I don't think I will ever be able to achieve it I think there is just something fundamentally bad about spending at least 8hours a day five days a week do the same kind of tasks for decades that is just awful and effects you mentally in your free time during the week and weekend.

ReputationRep:

But what if you are happy with your working week reality being work?
    That's what everyone wants but it's very rare.

To be honest that is the only way I can imagine being truly happy, but I don't think I will ever be able to achieve it I think there is just something fundamentally bad about spending at least 8hours a day five days a week do the same kind of tasks for decades that is just awful and effects you mentally in your free time during the week and weekend.
    I agree. You have to find something fulfilling - people are fulfilled by different things like creativity, working with people, working with computers, helping people, the outdoors etc. So that's the first step - finding a fulfilling area of work. The next thing is actually gaining employment in that sector. But there are things you can't really control like hours of work and colleagues which can be negative factors even if you love the work you do.

ReputationRep:
    That's what everyone wants but it's very rare.

I agree. You have to find something fulfilling - people are fulfilled by different things like creativity, working with people, working with computers, helping people, the outdoors etc. So that's the first step - finding a fulfilling area of work. The next thing is actually gaining employment in that sector. But there are things you can't really control like hours of work and colleagues which can be negative factors even if you love the work you do.
    It;s really hard trying to remain positive about it all.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you already have a partner.

Getting buff might be your hobby and/or a source of socializing.

You may be getting buff for a sport or something.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you already have a partner.

Getting buff might be your hobby and/or a source of socializing.

You may be getting buff for a sport or something.
    Bit of a lame hobby. I mean, I have a gym membership but I wouldn't really call it a hobby. Its just a necessary evil.

Anyway, you can do weight training for a sport without giving up alcohol..

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a lame hobby. I mean, I have a gym membership but I wouldn't really call it a hobby. Its just a necessary evil.

how many people have you banged?

ReputationRep:

Your alcohol fundamentalism () is a bit lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    how many people have you banged?
    All of them

ReputationRep:
    Your alcohol fundamentalism () is a bit lame.
    Your face is a bit lame

ReputationRep:
    All of them
    yeah, a number? the ones who talk the most about sex, especially ones at 30, are the ones who usually, have the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, a number? the ones who talk the most about sex, especially ones at 30, are the ones who usually, have the opposite.
    Did you miss the s off the end of your username? Because something seems to be itching your ring.

ReputationRep:
    Did you miss the s off the end of your username? Because something seems to be itching your ring.
    no answer lol, i guess we can take that as what it is, good day

ReputationRep:
    no answer lol, i guess we can take that as what it is, good day
    You're a very odd little stalker. Hope your ibs clears up soon.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.