Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else get 'creative block' when on a downer? as it took me 4 hours to plan nearly half an essay and still have a lot more to do but cant remember a thing about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    Likewise, glad you are ok apart from sleep :jumphug: Not too long until it is time to sleep now, hope you manage to get a decent nights sleep
    Thank you :hugs: I'm going to start mirtaz again tonight and I'm absolutely shattered so hoping I'll sleep well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Put in the first part of my application for a summer placement, I doubt I'll get one but I may as well try. If I dont get it its not a disaster since I did a placement in first year but all experience is good for when I'll have to apply for pre-reg
    Good luck with it hun :penguinhug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay018)
    Anyone else get 'creative block' when on a downer? as it took me 4 hours to plan nearly half an essay and still have a lot more to do but cant remember a thing about it
    I find depression has an incredibly negative impact on my cognition. My memory, concentration, mental clarity and general ability to think in depth about things is seriously compromised. It's annoying but quite common unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    Thank you :hugs: I'm going to start mirtaz again tonight and I'm absolutely shattered so hoping I'll sleep well.
    :hugs: I imagine you will be able to sleep well if you are anything like I was when I was on mirtazapine! You got many plans for the week ahead?

ReputationRep:
    I find depression has an incredibly negative impact on my cognition. My memory, concentration, mental clarity and general ability to think in depth about things is seriously compromised. It's annoying but quite common unfortunately.
    All of that is me as well! Finding college difficult at the moment because of it all. seeming to have so many brain farts, but the good thing is most others dont understand most things as well so its not showing too much.

If i try and think deeply i give up because i can never get to where i want so in the end google something because its easier.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with it hun :penguinhug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by rmhumphries)
    :hugs: I imagine you will be able to sleep well if you are anything like I was when I was on mirtazapine! You got many plans for the week ahead?
    Yes! I rarely had a bad night's sleep on mirtazapine which is great - it doesn't really help with the depression side of things but me and my GP decided it would be better than taking something like zopiclone periodically. I don't really have much planned for the next week. I need to try and start doing some proper studying because I'm falling behind, and I'm meeting a friend on Friday for lunch I think. How about you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    omg I just started crying watching the undatables

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay018)
    All of that is me as well! Finding college difficult at the moment because of it all. seeming to have so many brain farts, but the good thing is most others dont understand most things as well so its not showing too much.

If i try and think deeply i give up because i can never get to where i want so in the end google something because its easier.
    Yeah I can empathise :console: What is it that you study at college? I'm doing a science course which requires me to think analytically and in depth about various complex processes but to be honest it's nearly impossible. Even simple things like reading feel too hard. Is there anything I can help with at all? It's really tough but try not to be too hard on yourself. It might be worth finding some study techniques that work for you and make things easier for you to visualise - if things feel jumbled, then it might be a good idea to draw mind maps, for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes! I rarely had a bad night's sleep on mirtazapine which is great - it doesn't really help with the depression side of things but me and my GP decided it would be better than taking something like zopiclone periodically. I don't really have much planned for the next week. I need to try and start doing some proper studying because I'm falling behind, and I'm meeting a friend on Friday for lunch I think. How about you? :hugs:
    Sorry that was me! No idea why it posted anonymously there.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Been thinking of maybe seeing somebody from my uni's counselling service. Not sure though, I don't really think of myself as being 'ill' anymore but I really miss having somebody to talk to about how I've been feeling. Of course you're all awesome and MHSS is invaluable sometimes but it can't replace seeing somebody face to face. I still struggle a fair amount sometimes, just not as bad as before so I feel like I'd be wasting their time. Not sure what to do.
    Don't know, just because you aren't as ill as before may not mean you're not still ill? Not sure But whether you are or not then could be good to see someone before it gets too bad, and either way you would definitely not be wasting their time- that's what they're there for! Not sure as that even made any sense, sorry And well done for interview, missed that earlier somehow.

(Original post by Pathway)
    Thank you :hugs:

Here if you need me too. Sorry you're not feeling good.

just got my module results. 63%, 58%, 57%. I can live with that
    Well done! As someone else said especially given how ill you are. Sorry about flashbacks though :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    x
    Here if you need someone. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, I imagine mirtazapine is a better solution for sleep than zopiclone, a lot less addictive, although in my experience I have had more side effects with mirtazapine - however they were not too bad, especially compared to other drugs I have been on.

Hopefully with some decent sleep you will be able to study and catch up a bit :hugs: I personally just have work, but then going down to Cambridge to see a close friend at the weekend which should be good

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I can empathise :console: What is it that you study at college? I'm doing a science course which requires me to think analytically and in depth about various complex processes but to be honest it's nearly impossible. Even simple things like reading feel too hard. Is there anything I can help with at all? It's really tough but try not to be too hard on yourself. It might be worth finding some study techniques that work for you and make things easier for you to visualise - if things feel jumbled, then it might be a good idea to draw mind maps, for example.
    Im doing a humanities access course, so im studying, English Lit, Law and History! So all very meaty subjects and ones that require lots of brain work. Law is the most easy as i have everything on paper that needs to be included in the assignment, just up to me how to implement it all. Really dont like history one bit right now, as its the english civil war (how boring)! And lit, well i have very little chance of doing well in this one as i have to read all of Frankenstein and then write about it, no hope in finishing it as well. what makes matters worse is my dyslexia so find it hard to read even on the best of days. (not that it matters though as i have a Uni place even if i just pass it ) But i'm getting additional help from college to improve in the areas i struggle with, so hopefully when i get all that it should help to some extent...

I have tried mind maps, but my ALS tutor feels that in some ways they arent very helpful for me to do, as they arent easy to use for certain aspects of my assignments. So she recommended that i just go through the criteria and put down what i'll put like that and then go on from there. which i feel is quite good, just need to get my head round what it wants first before i can really get a move on. But we're working on that currently so things should improve. and then i could go from there and create a mind map about my ideas.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Here if you need someone. :hugs:
    Don't really want to annoy you, but thanks :hugs: All weird and hyper but low and really really anxious at the same time? No idea what's going on but need to calm down How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Don't really want to annoy you, but thanks :hugs: All weird and hyper but low and really really anxious at the same time? No idea what's going on but need to calm down How are you?
    You don't annoy me! :hugs: I'm the same really. Not sure what's going on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You don't annoy me! :hugs: I'm the same really. Not sure what's going on.
    :hugs: Sorry you're the same- here if you want a chat! SOrry if I ramble onabout nothing or make no sense though, well even less so than usual

ReputationRep:
    thanks :hugs: there isn't a disability office here, its just the wellbeing services really. seeing lady on Wednesday though so might ask if I have the chance. feel a bit bad though :/ its not looking likely because they've already given out offers. bleh. I dunno. hope youre doing okay, will be around if you need. good luck with test tomorrow :hugs:
    Ah okay - I hope that they can work something out/at least help you find somewhere? :hugs: though.
    Thanks, just spent the last 2 hours doing nothing I swear Made a slide for filmsoc, but not really what I need to do right now. :/
    Going to try make some notes/look over the slides for this module, then bed

ReputationRep:
    Don't know, just because you aren't as ill as before may not mean you're not still ill? Not sure But whether you are or not then could be good to see someone before it gets too bad, and either way you would definitely not be wasting their time- that's what they're there for! Not sure as that even made any sense, sorry And well done for interview, missed that earlier somehow.

Blergh, I do not know myself Thanks :hugs: Hope you start to feel better soon :yep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    That's okay! :eek: Yeah I like Begin to Hope a lot too :woo:

Go for it :hugs: Completely get what you mean about face to face - and if you're still struggling then would be good if you could see someone! Not wasting their time - you're paying Uni fees, aren't you? They're there to help you when/if you're struggling

I really need to see someone just to talk to face-to-face, too - been having group therapy the past 2 terms, but then that's a whole group - which is good, but less time to just ramble/splurge a bit at someone but yeah - go for it :hugs: I know that my uni also has a wellbeing "drop-in" session thing, as part of the student support services - just basically a slot anyone can go to and talk to the "wellbeing advisor"/counsellor-y type person

-----------------------------------------

So exhausted :sad: hate being ill :/ Also well-being drop-in wasn't on for some reason -I think they must have just updated the website late/only changed it last night. Annoying, though :/ but oh well.

Got a test for credit tomorrow, but done no revision yet and haven't a clue is only 5-10% of this module (which is 10% of the year), but still

Bleh. Going to have an early night I think either way

Eeeek, I don't know. Might wait and see a bit longer (I've been saying this since August :ninja:). I had group therapy with camhs and I found it so useful when I was over the worst of my depression. Definitely helped me understand it a lot better.
    Hope the test goes well!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.