Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions.

I didn't think it was an 'easy' paper, quite a few questions with tricky parts.

Expect average(ish) boundaries.
    THANKS SO MUCH

But awh i have some questions..

For q4..i opted to using the Sn=n/2 (a+L) as opposed to your answer would i loose all marks since i did it that way???

And also for qs i only time to get to 8y2-9y+1=0 and then factorised it wrong but somehow got y=1 so x=0 would i get any marks there?

And the last qs, 10b.....i only had time to finding the gradient of the tangent to be -1/2 would i get one mark for that?

Awh so gutted

ReputationRep:
    For question 5, I subbed in p=3 to see whether it was inclusive and exclusive and got p>3+2r2 and P<3-2r2 as I found it was exclusive. Because I did it this way rather than graphing it, do I lose any marks?

ReputationRep:
    Can you get 100 UMS without getting full marks? Got 70/75 hopefully (forgot what to do on q7) what do you reckon the UMS is

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I messed up worse than I thought. Was aiming for at least 70/75, but pretty sure I haven't got past 60...

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys, I will really appreciate if anyone gives an answer to this question
    So if in one of the questions i did 2 ways of solving it and one of the ways was correct, however i didn't state that was the right answer, will i still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRavenclaw)
    Wow, I messed up worse than I thought. Was aiming for at least 70/75, but pretty sure I haven't got past 60...
    happens sometimes ...
    the marking scheme might work better than you think. This happens too ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALEVEL_STUDENT)
    Can you get 100 UMS without getting full marks? Got 70/75 hopefully (forgot what to do on q7) what do you reckon the UMS is

Posted from TSR Mobile
    my estimate for full is 74-75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainura.km)
    Hello guys, I will really appreciate if anyone gives an answer to this question
    So if in one of the questions i did 2 ways of solving it and one of the ways was correct, however i didn't state that was the right answer, will i still get the marks?
    I did the exact same thing as you, and yes i think you would still get the marks

ReputationRep:
    For question 9, i used sn=11 then i used it for n=9 for a,L of 32000 but got the wrong answer. how many marks would i lose?

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any idea how many ums i could get for 67/75

ReputationRep:
    Potentially a 75/75 because I can't remember what I did in 6b.

ReputationRep:
    For question four i used the Sn= n/2(a+L) formula would i loose all marks for a wrong method?? I thought that would have been right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr mysterious)
    I did the exact same thing as you, and yes i think you would still get the marks
    Aaagh thank you! I was stressed about it cause in some other subjects they usually mark only first method/answer..but anyway feel much better now and hope we'll both get the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    If you look on this site, you will find that I have posted my solutions to the 2014(R) papers. Normally in the UK solutions thread.

I don't do S3
    realistically speaking from your knowledge, for 10b, if i used the gradient of the normal and used that to find x exactly how you did, but obviously not get the correct value, how many marks would i get? 1 or 2? I mean surely the method of application is correct, its jus i got jumbled up in the test didn't have enough time so I rushed through it

ReputationRep:
    Ok, listen up guys, for 10b I did the differentiated equation(gradient, Call it e1), multiplied by the gradient of the equation for the normal (call it e2) and multiplied them together to equal -1 : so e1*e2= -1

and then manipulated the algebra to get x=3/2. Is this right???????????????????????????

ReputationRep:
    That exam was relatively "easy" but definitely lots of mistakes to be made. And unfortunately I made them :albertein:

For q10 how many marks would I get if I integrated f(x) incorrectly by 1 term but the rest of the method was correct(if the integral was the one I got). And also for 10b how many marks would I get if I set the dy/dx = 1 instead of 2. I forgot to divide by two :albertein:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainura.km)
    Aaagh thank you! I was stressed about it cause in some other subjects they usually mark only first method/answer..but anyway feel much better now and hope we'll both get the marks
    In one of the mark schemes it says "Ignore wrong working or incorrect statements following a correct answer." So im pretty you'll get the marks then, what do you think you've got overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRavenclaw)

Exactly the same, im gonna have to try kill C2/S1

ReputationRep:
    For 6a I multipled by 2 but differentiated right and also used my part a) for part b) .. how many marks would I lose??

ReputationRep:
    hey guys!
    i counted 55/56.. what grade do you think this will be?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.