Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omgitslouise)
    Praying that the P3 6 marker is instructions for finding the centre of mass of an object
    It should be , although i hope the eye doesn't come up.

ReputationRep:
    Please explain critical angle when angle of incidence and refraction is given... I'm a little confused!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you get a formula sheet and periodic table?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Praying that the P3 6 marker is instructions for finding the centre of mass of an object
    So do I however, unfortunately it did come up last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardevs)
    Is it possible to learn the majority of P2 the night before the exam?😅 what main topics should i be looking at?
    - electricity
    - forces
    - life cycle of stars
    - radioactivity
    - motion
    - work , energy , momentum
    - main's supply

it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shannon060399)
    Do you get a formula sheet and periodic table?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Formula sheet but not periodic table.. That's only for chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turquoisecat)
    Formula sheet but not periodic table.. That's only for chemistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But then how are you meant to label the element if the alpha and beta part comes up and you have to change the element but taking away and adding

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chardevs)
    Is it possible to learn the majority of P2 the night before the exam?😅 what main topics should i be looking at?
    Exactly what I'm doing right now! Did that for the chemistry as well, and managed to answer 80% of the questions on the exam, sooooo I guess we'll see if this was an effective way of revising when we get our results back

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It won't be because it was the 5 marker last year

ReputationRep:
    can anyone outline nuclear fission and fusion? Much appreciated, last minute revision.

ReputationRep:
    Do you get all equations on a formula sheet???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.i am583)
    Except "frequency(Hz)=1/time period(seconds)"
    There might be others but this is the only one I know that isn't on the sheet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you convert the minutes into seconds?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.i am583)
    My teacher told us that Frequency=1/time period distance=speed/time and (p3)pressure= force/cross sectional area isn't on the sheet

ReputationRep:
    if i got an A* in p1 a low B in p2 an A in p3 and a high B in coursework (1 off an A, 25% of final grade) what would my overall grade be??

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Multiply the minutes by 60

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    x60 (because there are 60 seconds in a minute)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalie15)
    can anyone outline nuclear fission and fusion? Much appreciated, last minute revision.
    Im sure I will be corrected if I am wrong but this is how I have learnt it.
    nuclear fission:
    a neutron is absorbed into the nucleus of an uranium (usually uranium-235) or plutonium (usually plutonium-239) which makes it unstable and causes it to split. It splits into two smaller atomic nuclei and spits out two or three neutrons. These neutrons could go on to be absorbed into the nucleus of another atom, causing it to split so it causes a chain reaction. (this is why control rods are used in power stations- they absorb some of the neutrons to control the chain reaction)
    Nuclear fission has many disposable issues and is very expensive way of producing energy

Nuclear fusion:
    This is the joining of two smaller atomic nuclei to form one larger atomic nucleus. It creates a lot more energy than fission and there is plenty of hydrogen available for fuel so people are trying to develop ways to use it. But it can only occur at 10 million degress C and it currently takes a lot more enrgy to get the reactor to this temp than it can produce

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit stuck on electromagnetic induction, could someone explain the main points I need for the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by docilechic)
    My teacher told us that Frequency=1/time period distance=speed/time and (p3)pressure= force/cross sectional area isn't on the sheet
    Here is the P3 equation sheet. All of those are on this sheet, so don't worry.
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...HYS-W-DS-3.PDF

If you encounter a question saying "Use the formula on the sheet." in the exam, then it will be on here.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.