Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was mostly straight forward but complications were added in mass.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone has said this but B^17 = ? I got -4096I

ReputationRep:
    i think i've got 58 i don't think i've done enough for an A because although everyone found it hard, most of you lot got all the difficult ones so it can't have been too bad for the general public. ugh, was really hoping for an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    i think i've got 58 i don't think i've done enough for an A because although everyone found it hard, most of you lot got all the difficult ones so it can't have been too bad for the general public. ugh, was really hoping for an A.
    I'll be extremely surprised if 58 isn't an A.

ReputationRep:
    It was definitely harder than 2014
    Question 1 in 2014 was free 5 marks
    2 was tricky, but α^4+β^4 was in the book, whereas complex roots were never introduced to those questions before
    3 was MUCH easier than our summation
    4 was free 6 marks, our complex number last 4 marks were completely new
    5 was free 5 marks with gradient thing
    6'is standard question 9 from past papers
    7 was comparable to ours, but then we weren't told it was enlargement and rotation, whereas that 2014 paper said it was combination of enlargement and reflection
    8 the trig was harder than ours as they had sum of arithmetic series in trig
    9 comparable to our ) ( question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    Same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jordan-)
    i feel like an A will be 60 because while you guys found it hard, you all seemed to get the right answers, so it's not like any question was impossible.

in june 2014, the summation question was near-impossible to figure out, do correctly and get 4/4 for (at least for me) under exam conditions, unless you were very very bright (and even then you could have slipped up easily). this year everyone got k=39, everyone got the imaginary numbers to be correct, etc by reading what's on here (which are the two questions i found difficult).

i certainly hope an A will be 58 or less but i won't be surprised if it's like a high B or something. oh well, just have to try really hard for mechanics and decision.

ReputationRep:
    FP1 Unofficial Mark Scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3382689

ReputationRep:
    i feel like an A will be 60 because while you guys found it hard, you all seemed to get the right answers, so it's not like any question was impossible.

in june 2014, the summation question was near-impossible to figure out, do correctly and get 4/4 for (at least for me) under exam conditions, unless you were very very bright (and even then you could have slipped up easily). this year everyone got k=39, everyone got the imaginary numbers to be correct, etc by reading what's on here.

i certainly hope an A will be 58 or less but i won't be surprised if it's like a high B or something. oh well, just have to try really hard for mechanics and decision.
    Not sure which summation you mean. If it's the trig one most students just listed all of the possibilities and added them together by hand with the trig summation, including myself. Easy but time consuming. The other one was a basic summation concept. Infact last year's summation didn't even require simplification, you could just sub in the numbers.

ReputationRep:

in june 2014, the summation question was near-impossible to figure out, do correctly and get 4/4 for (at least for me) under exam conditions, unless you were very very bright (and even then you could have slipped up easily). this year everyone got k=39, everyone got the imaginary numbers to be correct, etc by reading what's on here (which are the two questions i found difficult).

But on the whole June 2014 was easier. Just that summation and maybe 2 or 3 marks of the last question that was tricky. 55 has been an A for the last two years. I would think this paper would match the june 2013 grade boundaries. Which was 55 for an A and 67 for 100ums.

What do you need in this? Will your other modules help you?

ReputationRep:
    What was the asymptote of the curve for the question where we were asked to find stationary points

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    What was the asymptote of the curve for the question where we were asked to find stationary points
    Y=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    y=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    But on the whole June 2014 was easier. Just that summation and maybe 2 or 3 marks of the last question that was tricky. 55 has been an A for the last two years. I would think this paper would match the june 2013 grade boundaries. Which was 55 for an A and 67 for 100ums.

What do you need in this? Will your other modules help you?
    i haven't done mechanics and decision but i'd like an A in further maths overall, ideally. i'm quite good at mechanics and decision is easy but i make silly mistakes across the board. i'm dropping fm next year though so it won't be too bad if i get a B but maths literally my worst subject ever (got an A at gcse, wrote that the highest common multiple of 42 and 48was 8 at one point ) so i really worked hard this year. i think i've secured 90+ums in maths but for further maths i'm yet to see. lol sorry for the sob story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    Y=1
    (Original post by JDMason)
    y=1
    Thank god that unofficial markscheme scared the hell out of me

ReputationRep:
    i haven't done mechanics and decision but i'd like an A in further maths overall, ideally. i'm quite good at mechanics and decision is easy but i make silly mistakes across the board. i'm dropping fm next year though so it won't be too bad if i get a B but maths literally my worst subject ever (got an A at gcse, wrote that the highest common multiple of 42 was 8 at one point ) so i really worked hard this year. i think i've secured 90+ums in maths but for further maths i'm yet to see. lol sorry for the sob story
    It's ok! I would say you have an A in FP1 if you got >=58. Good luck for your other exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    It's ok! I would say you have an A in FP1 if you got >=58. Good luck for your other exams!
    that's reassuring, thanks i should probably revise mechanics right now but i really cba.

i just checked the unofficial mark scheme and i think i've got 60 instead because someone said it was 2-11i but i'm fairly certain it was 2+11i so that's nice.

unless it's not - please tell me it is

ReputationRep:
    that's reassuring, thanks i should probably revise mechanics right now but i really cba.

i just checked the unofficial mark scheme and i think i've got 60 instead because someone said it was 2-11i but i'm fairly certain it was 2+11i so that's nice.

pretty sure it's 2+11i

ReputationRep:

I'm confident in saying the answer was 2+11i

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a123a)
    i'm confident in saying the answer was 2+11i
    yay
    life is okay again
    thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.