Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application 4 weeks ago too and still have nothing but acconfirmation from warwick

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecathy)
    Sure I applied about three weeks ago and my offer came in just one or two days later, I think
    May I ask when your grades were? GCSEs/As/predictions.

I thought I had a reasonable application but haven't heard from any of my uni despite applying about 4 weeks ago

Well done on your offers and good luck with the rest of the uni ship

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!
    I haven't sent my UCAS off yet (tutors haven't gotten round to writing my reference) so just thought I'd let you know which universities I'm definitely applying to - Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool.

Struggling to find 2 more choices that I really like, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated! (Preferably in the AAA-AAB region as I don't feel too confident with my A2 subjects)

My AS grades were: AAAB (I've dropped the B) and I haven't been told what my A2 predictions are - again my tutors haven't gotten round to telling us. :mad:

Also if anyone could recommend any good books to read and put into my personal statement that would be a massive help too - I'm trying to find less generic ones rather than just putting the obvious Letters to a Law Student etc...

Thank you!! I'm sure I'll be checking this thread constantly now haha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonlad)
    Probably two weeks after you have sent off your application or sat your LNAT (whichever is last). My Nottingham offer took 3 weeks and UCL took 5 last year, and I would imagine that Bristol and LSE will be similar.
    Hi,

What did you get in your LNAT and what were your 5 offers for Law?
    I don't seem to be very good at the multiple choices :/ If i have a strong application but do poorly will that demolish any chances of getting to an LNAT uni?

Any advice on how to improve in LNAT would be amazing!

Thanks a bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys I did my LNAT today! Apart from a random keyboard malfunction haha it went alright, the "essay" but was so stressful though, it's really hard when you know you only have 40 minutes, and there's no spell check so you have to keep making sure you're spelling things right!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aly69)
    Hi. May i ask what the offer is, what your predicted grades are and when you sent your application?
    Offer A*AA, A2 predictions same, AS AAAB and sent it about a week ago

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelpMePlease909)
    Hi,

What did you get in your LNAT and what were your 5 offers for Law?
    I don't seem to be very good at the multiple choices :/ If i have a strong application but do poorly will that demolish any chances of getting to an LNAT uni?

Any advice on how to improve in LNAT would be amazing!

Thanks a bunch.
    28, my offers were Oxford, Durham, UCL, KCL and Nottingham.

Don't worry, I found the multiple choices in practice books to be much more difficult than the real thing. Just develop a timing strategy which allows you to spend roughly equal time on each question while leaving time at the end; make sure you stick to this strategy and don't spend too long on one question (flag it and move on, then come back). This should make you perform better and make you feel more confident on the day, as the process of answering will have more structure. I would tell you my timings last year but I've forgotten, although it isn't difficult to form a method

I've heard of LNAT universities giving offers to people with low scores (e.g. 15), while some seem to place an unspoken minimum of 20ish; generally I believe that while the LNAT is very important, it is possible to make up for poor performance with other areas of your application if they are sufficiently strong. Don't worry about it and do your best, you'll probably surprise yourself in the end

(Original post by LoveToArgue)
    can I ask when you got an offer from Warwick please? I sent my app 4 weeks ago and have only had an acknowledgement email!
    Ditto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmabeth)
    I haven't applied for Kent so can't help with that sorry! But have you had an email acknowledgement from UCL? It's the only one I haven't had one from so I'm slightly worried!
    Yes I have, with another email asking me to log in to their student portal, it came about 3-4 days after I submitted UCAS. I wouldn't worry about it they were the last to respond to me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lav97)
    I received an offer from Kent yesterday don't stress, you'll be fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats !!! If you don't mind my asking what are your predicted grades? and when did you submit UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Who else has applied to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:

Don't worry, I found the multiple choices in practice books to be much more difficult than the real thing. Just develop a timing strategy which allows you to spend roughly equal time on each question while leaving time at the end; make sure you stick to this strategy and don't spend too long on one question (flag it and move on, then come back). This should make you perform better and make you feel more confident on the day, as the process of answering will have more structure. I would tell you my timings last year but I've forgotten, although it isn't difficult to form a method

I've heard of LNAT universities giving offers to people with low scores (e.g. 15), while some seem to place an unspoken minimum of 20ish; generally I believe that while the LNAT is very important, it is possible to make up for poor performance with other areas of your application if they are sufficiently strong. Don't worry about it and do your best, you'll probably surprise yourself in the end

Wow well done that's awesome! I take it you chose Oxford? May I ask what colleges you got offers from for Oxf/Durham?

Thanks for the advice i'll take it on board and hopefully do ok

Thanks so much again for your time+effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pradia)
    Who else has applied to Cambridge?
    I did. What were your grades/what college?

ReputationRep:

Can I ask when you got your offers/ how long they took to come in from the date you submitted your application?

(Original post by Lou2110)
    Hey everyone!I haven't sent my UCAS off yet (tutors haven't gotten round to writing my reference) so just thought I'd let you know which universities I'm definitely applying to - Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool.Struggling to find 2 more choices that I really like, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated! (Preferably in the AAA-AAB region as I don't feel too confident with my A2 subjects)My AS grades were: AAAB (I've dropped the B) and I haven't been told what my A2 predictions are - again my tutors haven't gotten round to telling us. :mad:Also if anyone could recommend any good books to read and put into my personal statement that would be a massive help too - I'm trying to find less generic ones rather than just putting the obvious Letters to a Law Student etc...Thank you!! I'm sure I'll be checking this thread constantly now haha!!
    I know that Birmingham and Southampton are in the AAA-AAB region, plus try Manchester - they're AAA, but they do give contextual offers sometimes (I think) and they were in UCAS Clearing for Law last year.

As for books, just read whatever you're interested in (I actually hated Letters to a Law Student - I found the tone really patronising and felt the info was so dilute). I've read Jeremy Hutchinson's Case Histories by Thomas Grant, Proved Innocent by Jerry Conlon and The Law Machine by Marcel Berlins and Clare Dyer.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any offers for York, Leeds or Liverpool yet? Got one from Reading already, just waiting for the others

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou2110)
    Hey everyone!
    I haven't sent my UCAS off yet (tutors haven't gotten round to writing my reference) so just thought I'd let you know which universities I'm definitely applying to - Sheffield, Leeds and Liverpool.

Struggling to find 2 more choices that I really like, so any suggestions would be very much appreciated! (Preferably in the AAA-AAB region as I don't feel too confident with my A2 subjects)

My AS grades were: AAAB (I've dropped the B) and I haven't been told what my A2 predictions are - again my tutors haven't gotten round to telling us. :mad:

Also if anyone could recommend any good books to read and put into my personal statement that would be a massive help too - I'm trying to find less generic ones rather than just putting the obvious Letters to a Law Student etc...

Thank you!! I'm sure I'll be checking this thread constantly now haha!!
    Cardiff offered me AAB! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOKU27)
    Offer A*AA, A2 predictions same, AS AAAB and sent it about a week ago
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Exeter and got an offer yet??

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer from Surrey!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Offers from Kent (AAB) and Reading (AAA) so far! Anybody heard anything from Exeter, King's or Oxford yet?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 23, 2016

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.