Speech and Language therapy 2016 Watch

oliverwilson2626
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi I'm applying for uni for September 2016 for:
Linguistics - MMU (Offer)
Speech Science - University of Sheffield (Had interview on January 12th)
Speech and Language Therapy - Leeds Beckett University (Interview January 25th)
Speech Pathology and Therapy - MMU (Interview March 1st)
Linguistics and Phonetics - University of Leeds (Interview February 10th)

Has anyone had any offers from the University of Sheffield yet? If not when are we supposed to find out?

Also does anyone thats already had an interview at Leeds Beckett have any information or advice about the interview process?
opalescent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by oliverwilson2626)
hi I'm applying for uni for September 2016 for:
Has anyone had any offers from the University of Sheffield yet? If not when are we supposed to find out?
I was rejected by Sheffield today, so they must be making decisions now. Good luck! If that's your first choice I really hope you get it.

(Original post by nesca89)
Aww well don't worry about it, I never found out until around March that I got in there, others got offers in December! It's nerve wracking to wait but worth it in the end. Keep us all updated good luck x
I applied very close to the UCAS deadline so hardly any time at all has elapsed yet. I'm just being fidgety as I hate uncertainty and I want to know where I'll be come September. It would make finishing this PhD a whole lot easier, as it's hard to concentrate when I can't plan ahead. I've had interview invitations from Manchester, BCU, and Marjon, and I know that if I get an offer from any of them I'll be tempted to take it just for the sake of my peace of mind. I'll just have to contain myself in patience!
RowanB
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by opalescent)
I was rejected by Sheffield today, so they must be making decisions now. Good luck! If that's your first choice I really hope you get it.

I applied very close to the UCAS deadline so hardly any time at all has elapsed yet. I'm just being fidgety as I hate uncertainty and I want to know where I'll be come September. It would make finishing this PhD a whole lot easier, as it's hard to concentrate when I can't plan ahead. I've had interview invitations from Manchester, BCU, and Marjon, and I know that if I get an offer from any of them I'll be tempted to take it just for the sake of my peace of mind. I'll just have to contain myself in patience!
Ah, I didn't expect to here from Sheffield yet. Sorry to hear you were rejected! When was your interview?
opalescent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RowanB)
Ah, I didn't expect to here from Sheffield yet. Sorry to hear you were rejected! When was your interview?
I was rejected without interview, so perhaps they're not yet making decisions for the interviewees. I hope you hear soon, either way!

I don't mind the rejection too much, as I want to stay in Manchester, but as SLT is a competitive course I felt I should use up all my choices on the UCAS form.
jessicalaura97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hello,
I've got interviews for slt at MMU, Leeds Beckett, uni of Manchester and Birmingham
If anyone has had an interview at any of these places please could you let me know what they were like? So nervous! Thanks
AmyPilot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RowanB)
Sheffield have in the past been one of the slowest to report the outcome of interviews so don't worry too much - the last couple of years it's been well into March when people heard (or even later!).
AmyPilot
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jessicalaura97)
Hello,
I've got interviews for slt at MMU, Leeds Beckett, uni of Manchester and Birmingham
If anyone has had an interview at any of these places please could you let me know what they were like? So nervous! Thanks
Good luck with your interviews

Others are best placed to tell you about interview formats for this year - its changed a bit since I applied in 2014 - but don't worry too much they are all really friendly and helpful!
jessicalaura97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay Thanks, I appreciate your response!
wistfulmuse
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hi guys!!
just a quick question do BCU have your personal statement with them in the interview?
jessicalaura97
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wistfulmuse)
hi guys!!
just a quick question do BCU have your personal statement with them in the interview?
Hey, it doesn't mention to bring your personal statement, so I assume they have a copy
Sukirtha
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey I've got an interview with City university tomorrow! Any tips and what to expect would be much appreciated. Thank you.
paigecooney20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sukirtha)
Hey I've got an interview with City university tomorrow! Any tips and what to expect would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Do you have an interview for undergraduate?
Sukirtha
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by paigecooney20)
Do you have an interview for undergraduate?
Yeah
Aria Abc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by wistfulmuse)
Oh that's so good to here!! I don't want to feel pressured because I will start waffling! Are the face to face interviews before the written exercises?
Don't worry I waffle too! When I had my interview we had the introduction bit and tour of the facilities first, we then had lunch and then we were split into two groups. One group did the writing first and then the face to face interview and then the second group did it the other way around.
Galaxies
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jessicalaura97)
Hello,
Leeds is kind of like a job interview I thought & they did have some question that are kind of hard to answer, I can completely imagine someone making something up to one of them, I used a normal boring situation because I wasn't going to lie.
All the interviews are kind of similar but what I've found is it unfortunately depends on your mood on the day as well as the people who just happen to be interviewing at the same day as you which affects the experience. Some were really relaxed more due to the nicer other applicants beforehand.....I also came across some quite overly competitive people, which is a bit weird since it's healthcare, not aggressively competing on the apprentice or something. Those people who were competitive were usually the younger ones, I guess they haven't realised they have plenty more time to reapply if they didn't happen to get a place. It's all just a bit ridiculous to see/hear them.
Galaxies
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by opalescent)

I applied very close to the UCAS deadline so hardly any time at all has elapsed yet. !
I bet they just did this to whittle the applications down since it was near the deadline.

I can't wait to get my 5 rejections. Kind of wishing I'd waited to apply next year and focused on the course I am doing, considering how stressed some of the interviews have made me. I've realised how much I need to practise talking fluently, I probably needs speech therapy myself. bAHah
sylbou
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah
Hi
When did you apply?
sylbou
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah
Hi,
You need to read about the role of an SLT. Also, think of why you want to do it.
, what you like about the field.

Good luck!
Really hope you get it.
sylbou
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good luck! Hope you get it!
Show them you are the ideal SLT student :congrats::congrats:
Jo-sie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi all, I'm wondering how long BCU usually take to get back to you? Anyone got dates for interviews there yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (213)
27.92%
No (550)
72.08%

Watched Threads