Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmawebb)
    I've seen girls on here hearing back from Chester, as did I yesterday. And DeMontfort emailed me on weds saying i will hear a decision within ten days. But has anyone heard from Wolverhampton, Staffordshire or Angila ruskin? Or has anyone applied to any of these? x
    I have an interview for Wolverhampton for Children's nursing on the 1st December x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienursing2015)
    Me too and I live in Manchester as well!! Small world. Manchester and Salford would be my top as well because of location and I have a little girl. Manchester haven't rejected me yet as they said they will give me an interview after Jan when they have seen what my grades are like (I'm doing an access course). I have four interviews in the next month 😳. Where else have you applied?
    I applied for Huddersfield, UCLAN, Chester, edge hill and Manchester. Two interviews from edge hill and Chester rejection from Manchester and not heard from the other two.
    I did an access to nursing course last year are you at the Manchester college? I got 33 distinctions and 12 merits. This year I've been doing a HNC level 4 in health and social care. Manchester said I didn't meet the role specification in my personal statement. I know what they wanted and I chose to go a different route, they wanted a personal statement with info on how you're looking forward to the course and the science side of things. I didn't have enough space so wrote about my three placements instead. Some uni's look for experience and some look for more academic students.
    I have two little boys so I'll have to move if I get a place at any of my other choices but I'm ready! Where are your interviews for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixie181288)
    I applied for Huddersfield, UCLAN, Chester, edge hill and Manchester. Two interviews from edge hill and Chester rejection from Manchester and not heard from the other two.
    I did an access to nursing course last year are you at the Manchester college? I got 33 distinctions and 12 merits. This year I've been doing a HNC level 4 in health and social care. Manchester said I didn't meet the role specification in my personal statement. I know what they wanted and I chose to go a different route, they wanted a personal statement with info on how you're looking forward to the course and the science side of things. I didn't have enough space so wrote about my three placements instead. Some uni's look for experience and some look for more academic students.
    I have two little boys so I'll have to move if I get a place at any of my other choices but I'm ready! Where are your interviews for?
    That's interesting! I was surprised that Manchester said they would give me an interview. I just need to prove I can get distinctions by the end of the January and then I should get the interview! So far I have 3 credits at distinction in human biology and 3 at merit in a health module. My interviews are with edge hill on Thursday, Chester on the 2nd, Salford on the 14th and ljmu on the 21st Dec.

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my ucas of Friday and already getting impatient! I've applied for:

De Montfort
    New bucks
    Bournemouth
    Brookes
    BCU

Who else has applied for any of there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameychildnurse)

De Montfort
    New bucks
    Bournemouth
    Brookes
    BCU

I've applied to BCU for children's nursing, I have an interview on the 21st January😊 x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameychildnurse)

De Montfort
    New bucks
    Bournemouth
    Brookes
    BCU

Me for DeMontfort, Children's nursing. I sent mines off last weds and I got an email that day from there saying they will let me know a decision within 10 days. It was in my junk folder though and I didn't see it until yesterday. So check your junk mail x

ReputationRep:
    Ive recieved an invitation to a selection day in the 9th of Dec for Wolverhampton (burton campus) other than that it's just an email from DeMontfort and angila ruskin to say they have recieved my application and nothing from Staffordshire yet. Getting my decond reference for chester sent offf today so hopefully gear from them near the end of the week.

ReputationRep:
    I've received emails from Bournemouth and Brookes saying they're processing my application, nothing from any of my other choices yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixie181288)
    Hi there! I wish you the best of luck for this year. I have two interviews and worried about how to practise the numeracy and literacy tests as the [email protected] website is just not working for me! I can't get onto any assessments. How did you practise for your last interview?
    The [email protected] website isn't working for me either, they haven't sent me an email back with confirmation or login details. Slightly worried about theses tests too, especially the numeracy one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jen_1998)
    The [email protected] website isn't working for me either, they haven't sent me an email back with confirmation or login details. Slightly worried about theses tests too, especially the numeracy one!
    [email protected] wouldn't work for me either but last night I got it working. I just requested a lost password and they sent me a new one, even though I never received conformation. It's working now, go onto bbc bitesize. Make sure you know your basic add, subtract, multiply and divide, decimals, percentages and measurement conversions (l to ml etc) those are the most popular questions x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied for child nursing at Leeds, Manchester, Huddersfield, Bradford and York. I've got 2 interviews at Bradford (26th November) and York (12th December). Manchester rejected me due to entry requirements even though i meet them so I rang the University and they are reconsidering my application after a misunderstanding. Really want to get into Leeds though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haleema832)
    Hi, I've applied for child nursing at Leeds, Manchester, Huddersfield, Bradford and York. I've got 2 interviews at Bradford (26th November) and York (12th December). Manchester rejected me due to entry requirements even though i meet them so I rang the University and they are reconsidering my application after a misunderstanding. Really want to get into Leeds though
    I have an interview in York on the 12th as well

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got an offer for BCU to start in January

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all update again- I've received an interview for children's nursing at Brighton Uni! On the 2nd of December. I love Brighton but it's a hefty one to get to for me! 😔 anyone else???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrose11)
    I have an interview in York on the 12th as well
    I'll see you there!

ReputationRep:
    I have no interviews yet, but I've heard a bit from all my universities apart from Angila Ruskin.
    Staffordshire - sent an email with login detsils to their application website, but no updates on an interview etc yet.
    Wolverhampton - invited me to do the maths and English tests on the 9th of dec
    DeMontfort - emailed to say they will let me know within 10 days a decision for an interview
    Chester - my maths teacher from last year just sent off my second reference this morning so i hope to hear from them soon.
    Angila Ruskin - welcome email

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your interviews! I've also applied to York, Bradford and Huddersfield along with 2 others. I haven't had interview from any of those 3 yet though. When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kjade95)
    Congratulations on your interviews! I've also applied to York, Bradford and Huddersfield along with 2 others. I haven't had interview from any of those 3 yet though. When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks! Two and a half weeks ago, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an invite to a selection day at Leeds in January anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Two and a half weeks ago, what about you?
    About 4 weeks ago! Just received a rejection from Bradford

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.