Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, i just got rejected today. I think i might hv the worst stats here in this forum, so i expected this. Im an overseas student, just by looking at all of ur stats here in this forum, i knew i applied to the wrong school.... u guys are amazing.....

my stats: ukcat 652.5, sjt band 4, predicted 3A*, 1A, my GCSE equivalent exam board, 6A*,3A,1B*. Yeah, but may i know if sjt band 4 is a straight no go for all schools?? for others who got rejected, may i know ur stats as well...... im officially GG. Congrats to all of u who received offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glennfenix)
    Hi everyone, i just got rejected today. I think i might hv the worst stats here in this forum, so i expected this. Im an overseas student, just by looking at all of ur stats here in this forum, i knew i applied to the wrong school.... u guys are amazing.....

my stats: ukcat 652.5, sjt band 4, predicted 3A*, 1A, my GCSE equivalent exam board, 6A*,3A,1B*. Yeah, but may i know if sjt band 4 is a straight no go for all schools?? for others who got rejected, may i know ur stats as well...... im officially GG. Congrats to all of u who received offers.
    Hey, just because you got rejected by one school doesn't automatically mean that you will get rejected by ALL the other ones too. Even if you do, it's not the end; there is always next year if you're really passionate about doing medicine! Or you might discover that you want to do something else but either way whatever happens it will turn out for the best keep your head high!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glennfenix)

Hey, don't be upset! Medicine is a competitive course and the application process is grueling. Remember it's not that your stats are bad in fact they are better than mine (UKCAT 635 SJT Band 3, 2:1 BSc, ABB A-levels, 8A's and 3B's GCSEs), but it just perhaps wasn't competitive enough for this years cycle.

If you do not get an interview this year, you can always apply next year with a better strategy and with experience; so keep you head up! And fingers crossed for your other schools you've applied for.

ReputationRep:
    I'm so worried ... Like the majority of those who haven't heard yet! Does anyone know what this years UKCAT "cut off" is ?

(Original post by ab9826)
    When it says attach exam certificates, is it just gcse? Because i dont have any AS certificates

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, I went to get my AS certificates from my exam officer- she had them, but hadn't given them out to all other students yet. So maybe try the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PkT1991)
    Hey, don't be upset! Medicine is a competitive course and the application process is grueling. Remember it's not that your stats are bad in fact they are better than mine (UKCAT 635 SJT Band 3, 2:1 BSc, ABB A-levels, 8A's and 3B's GCSEs), but it just perhaps wasn't competitive enough for this years cycle.

If you do not get an interview this year, you can always apply next year with a better strategy and with experience; so keep you head up! And fingers crossed for your other schools you've applied for.
    did you apply to the A100 course at kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    By crying at the fact that I haven't received an interview yet ;((( lol jk but I think maybe practice ethical scenarios with friends and stuff?
    thanks fam I'll try that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    thanks fam I'll try that
    Don't mention it brev xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSulAhmad)
    I'm so worried ... Like the majority of those who haven't heard yet! Does anyone know what this years UKCAT "cut off" is ?
    there isn't a strict cut off for Kings, think they probs want 695-700+, whats ur ukcat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss2525)
    there isn't a strict cut off for Kings, think they probs want 695-700+, whats ur ukcat?
    680 on the bright side its not over until I find out .. I can keep dreaming for a while yet ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSulAhmad)
    680 on the bright side its not over until I find out .. I can keep dreaming for a while yet ;-)
    It honestly don't know about the UKCAT, rate 695-700+ at the most, if you look at all the other years, the max competitive score it has ever been is 695, if anything I rate it may be slightly lower like 680. You definitely aren't ruled out, what are your other stats? gcse, as a2 pred band sjt ect

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected!

Stats:

5A*s6As at GCSEs
    AAAB at AS
    A*AA prediction at A2
    710 B1 ukcat

Apparently I didn't meet the academic entry requirements for this year, so there we go! Better luck to the rest of you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopefulmedic15)
    Just been rejected!

Stats:

5A*s6As at GCSEs
    AAAB at AS
    A*AA prediction at A2
    710 B1 ukcat

Apparently I didn't meet the academic entry requirements for this year, so there we go! Better luck to the rest of you
    ahh likely that I will be rejected as well then :/

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out?

ReputationRep:
    Just got an interview and my gcses are 3A*s,4A,4Bs so there is hope aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cbla98)
    what were your other stats?

ReputationRep:
    what are your stats? ukcat sjt, as, a2, ect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishhy34)
    what were your other stats?
    (Original post by ss2525)
    what are your stats? ukcat sjt, as, a2, ect?
    AS: AAAB
    A2 predictions: A*AA
    UKCAT: 770 B1

ReputationRep:
    AS: AAAB
    A2 predictions: A*AA
    UKCAT: 770 B1
    and the penny of hope drops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishhy34)
    and the penny of hope drops
    Why what are your stats?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 15, 2016

University open days

1. King's College London
    Arts and Humanities (Strand Campus) Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.