Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German Hunter pays £39,000 to kill largest elephant in living memory watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    The idea that a parasite is my equal offends me yes.
    Just like how your views that humans are superior to every living thing in the universe offends me. Deal with it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    Just like how your views that humans are superior to every living thing in the universe offends me. Deal with it!

Yeah. Crimes against humanity like genocide, rape, poverty due to corruption, torture, abuse of PEOPLE upset me a tad bit more than the mass deaths of farmyard animals.

ReputationRep:
    ........it is not possible to live without killing "something" that has "life", in that sense we are perpetuating natural selection. Killing for sport or for the fun of it is just a primitive-level activity perpetuated by those with shares in gun manufacturing etc. When will people wake up to the fact its not about common sense reasoning or compassion---especially in the case of elephants, its all about MONEY and, as usual, its control.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by versari)
    ........it is not possible to live without killing "something" that has "life". Killing for sport or for the fun of it is just a primitive-level activity perpetuated by those with shares in gun manufacturing etc.
    I agree, I hope you also agree that it is primitive to eat meat and consume animal products?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand redferry. She is okay with drinking milk and eating cheese. Did you know to make 1gallon of milk 2000 gallons of water are needed? Yet she preaches about conversation, climate change, killing deer etc. I will never understand how her brain works. Her rationale and hypocrisy hust doesn't compute for me.
    Leftism is not an ideology of rationality - it is an ideology of emotions. Ultimately, every leftist, when refuted by scientific rationalism, will fall back on "But, I believe in equality."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Leftism is not an ideology of rationality - it is an ideology of emotions. Ultimately, every leftist, when refuted by scientific rationalism, will fall back on "But, I believe in equality."
    Nonsense. Leftism can be rational too, but so rational and absurd the general public think us loonies for speaking the unthinkable. For example the planet would be better off if humans went extinct. This sounds absurd doesn't it? But it is true. It is true because we more than another other animal species are destroying our planet, but the right wingers would lead you to believe we're all emotive and airy fairy when we try to raise legitimate points.

It's all relative at the end of the day. One person's rationale is another person's emotion.

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful creatures. What these people get out of killing them I have no idea. Nobody is impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    If only. Most rich people hate any sort of environmental cause as it is seen as an enemy of the free market.
    The rich tend to be split, as others are, between the more liberal and the more reactionary. I tend to notice liberal rich people more maybe (or take more interest in what they have to say) and I agree that there are loads of 'don't give a damn' rich out there. Also liberal rich people can be quite tied to over consumption and dirty consumption and justify it to themselves. I think that's kind of the case with most of us who live in developed countries as well, in relation to the poor, the developing world and the environment.

I was just trying not to be too, too depressed about it. People tend to flake out on the environment issue because they feel despair. It's important to notice where there is progress, good attention on the issue, or a desire to change.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, I hope you also agree that it is primitive to eat meat and consume animal products?
    I'm keeping an open mind. I have reduced my meat intake over recent months mainly because of its fat content. I might be one of the few people to have seen what goes on in a slaughterhouse face to face and it wasn't pretty. In truth I enjoy asian foods with so many more flavours and all mainly vegetable based.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by versari)
    I'm keeping an open mind. I have reduced my meat intake over recent months mainly because of its fat content. I might be one of the few people to have seen what goes on in a slaughterhouse face to face and it wasn't pretty. In truth I enjoy asian foods with so many more flavours and all mainly vegetable based.
    There are plenty of fakes meats. I encourage you to try veggie chicken and veggie mutton. My friends who are meat eaters have told me it tastes just like real meat, and there is the benefit of not having the animal cruelty to worry about. next time you are out and about try go to a vegetarian/chinese restaurant and see if you can find something with tofu and see what you think of it

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense. Leftism can be rational too, but so rational and absurd the general public think us loonies for speaking the unthinkable. For example the planet would be better off if humans went extinct. This sounds absurd doesn't it? But it is true. It is true because we more than another other animal species are destroying our planet, but the right wingers would lead you to believe we're all emotive and airy fairy when we try to raise legitimate points.

It's all relative at the end of the day. One person's rationale is another person's emotion.
    ...remember its governments, often in spite of the people, who ultimately set the agendas and foreign policies, so not sure you can just blame people. Money and commercial interests usually get put before "everything else".

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of fakes meats. I encourage you to try veggie chicken and veggie mutton. My friends who are meat eaters have told me it tastes just like real meat, and there is the benefit of not having the animal cruelty to worry about. next time you are out and about try go to a vegetarian/chinese restaurant and see if you can find something with tofu and see what you think of it

yep will do

ReputationRep:

Lol. The simple concept of "better off" is based entirely in emotionalism. You have started from a conclusion (maximising some ephemeral goodness) before following it through to its premises (humans must be killed).

Those of us with brains have a Hobbesian or Darwinist view of the world, and hence we are not susceptible to such insanity.

ReputationRep:
    How is this discussion/evil rant even vaguely on topic?

You should be examining the corrupt bureaucrats that allowed this to happen, not arguing about the merits of vegetarianism and animal equality.

Has it occurred to anyone that some evil dude got paid £39k for an elephant? there is more than one person involved here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    Lol. The simple concept of "better off" is based entirely in emotionalism. You have started from a conclusion (maximising some ephemeral goodness) before following it through to its premises (humans must be killed).

Those of us with brains have a Hobbesian or Darwinist view of the world, and hence we are not susceptible to such insanity.
    Using big words to not really answer the point I raise doesn't add to the discussion or point I made. It makes you appear a bit jolted and insecure if anything.

(Original post by JeremyOU)
    How is this discussion/evil rant even vaguely on topic?

You should be examining the corrupt bureaucrats that allowed this to happen, not arguing about the merits of vegetarianism and animal equality.

Has it occurred to anyone that some evil dude got paid £39k for an elephant? there is more than one person involved here.
    I agree with you. Please do start a discussion on this and I will gladly add my views on how governments are brainwashing the general populous through their propaganda.

ReputationRep:
    Using big words to not really answer the point I raise doesn't add to the discussion or point I made. It makes you appear a bit jolted and insecure if anything.
    Being surrounded by relatively intelligent people, I've forgotten what it must be like to interact with the stupid. Thank you for reminding me.

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 469697

If you eat meat, whether it's a lot or a little, then you are part of the industry that necessitates the torture and murder of animals. Whether we breed them or not for meat is not the question. YOU eat meat, so THEY KILL it, so YOU can eat it. YOU have blood on your hands. Think about it. Because people like you eat meat, some poor little animal is being murdered in cold blood.
    Bull****. They'd die anyway even if THEY were not to eat meat. Completely different to actively killing something yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    Bull****. They'd die anyway even if THEY were not to eat meat. Completely different to actively killing something yourself.
    i'm not going to start from square 1 for every new meat-eating savage that calls my post BS. Go through the last 5/6 pages and please read through my arguments if you really want a reply to your post. Alternatively please google and do some research. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    i'm not going to start from square 1 for every new meat-eating savage that calls my post BS. Go through the last 5/6 pages and please read through my arguments if you really want a reply to your post. Alternatively please google and do some research. Thanks.
    I'd rather not read through your moronic posts thanks. I have better things to do than read the ramblings of a confused, disassociated hypocrite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamJacksContempt)
    I'd rather not read through your moronic posts thanks. I have better things to do than read the ramblings of a confused, disassociated hypocrite.
    ok, enjoy the rest of your day

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 20, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.