Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himani Vadhia)
    I wanna do Maths, FM, Chemistry and Economics or Maths, FM and Chemistry - if they let me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why wouldn't they let you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Oh hey, was it like biology, chemistry and philosophy? I remember then being similar to mine but can't remember if you're doing 4.

I changed mine at least though: history, economics and chemistry now
    Yup and English Lit. But Im not sure about doing philosophy now because I sort of don't want to do 4 a levels :dontknow: Though at the same time ... philosophy sounds so interesting and the teacher on open evening was soooo nice and made it sound do fun So I'm confused. Were you not doing maths before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeeb_00)
    The woman who interviewed me was pushing me to take four for some reason? Did that happen to you lot?

If you're interested in whatever it is then you might as well take it for the first month or whatever and then decide whether to drop or not
    Yeah she said " the only problem with your application is that you're not doing 4". So I just acted really indecisively and gave her like 4 subjects, so it was obvious I didn't know what to choose. Think 3 is best for me as there's no extra advantage and ill try and get top grades in the 3 I'm doing.

Actually starting with 4 might be a good idea- they should let me drop it if I don't like it though, right?

(Original post by sapphire79)
    Yup and English Lit. But Im not sure about doing philosophy now because I sort of don't want to do 4 a levels :dontknow: Though at the same time ... philosophy sounds so interesting and the teacher on open evening was soooo nice and made it sound do fun So I'm confused. Were you not doing maths before?
    I'm considering Lit too but I don't think I'll do it. If I was to do a 4th it would be biology, which I do want to do. But like you, I don't really want to put myself through 4 A levels. Well on my original sheet I wrote: bio, Chem and history and was considering maths. Anyway my maths exam didn't go as planned- so I won't be doing that!
    Still want to do medicine?

ReputationRep:
    The woman who interviewed me was pushing me to take four for some reason? Did that happen to you lot?

If you're interested in whatever it is then you might as well take it for the first month or whatever and then decide whether to drop or not
    No the guy who interviewed me didn't even ask why I was doing 3 though I think that was because he wanted to get rid of me fast as I stepped on his foot :doh:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she said " the only problem with your application is that you're not doing 4". So I just acted really indecisively and gave her like 4 subjects, so it was obvious I didn't know what to choose. Think 3 is best for me as there's no extra advantage and ill try and get top grades in the 3 I'm doing.

Actually starting with 4 might be a good idea- they should let me drop it if I don't like it though, right?

I'm considering Lit too but I don't think I'll do it. If I was to do a 4th it would be biology, which I do want to do. But like you, I don't really want to put myself through 4 A levels. Well on my original sheet I wrote: bio, Chem and history and was considering maths. Anyway my maths exam didn't go as planned- so I won't be doing that!
    Still want to do medicine?
    Oh no, did you do edexcel maths? Dont worry I found it hard too though everyone else thought it was easy Especially paper 1 I think I did really bad on that. And yes I still definately want to do medicine I dont think I will ever change that haha

ReputationRep:
    Why wouldn't they let you?
    Because some colleges only let you do FM if you do the 4 a level option because then you have more variety in A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, did you do edexcel maths? Dont worry I found it hard too though everyone else thought it was easy Especially paper 1 I think I did really bad on that. And yes I still definately want to do medicine I dont think I will ever change that haha
    Paper 1 was definitely harder than paper 2 so don't worry

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm possibly starting Greenhead to this year. Ngl, i'm kinda scared. I'm terrible at making friends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mxhnoor)
    I'm possibly starting Greenhead to this year. Ngl, i'm kinda scared. I'm terrible at making friends!
    Haha dw I am too( at making friends)- what subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Haha dw I am too( at making friends)- what subjects are you doing?
    I'm planning on doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Haha arent we all on this website Dont be scared Im sure you'll make loads of friends and if you dont Ill be your friend for sure :aetsch::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning on doing biology, chemistry, maths and psychology. What about you?
    Chemistry, History and Economics( maybe Biology). Do you want to do medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Haha arent we all on this website Dont be scared Im sure you'll make loads of friends and if you dont Ill be your friend for sure :aetsch::hugs:
    Ahah, thanks! I appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry, History and Economics( maybe Biology). Do you want to do medicine?
    yeah i do, but i don't think i'll be able to

ReputationRep:
    Just really want to start now.
    Anyone feel the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope hahaha I don't want results day to get any closer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same I feel like Ive done so bad :afraid: :cry:Its my fault though I set my personal targets so high so Im going to be really disappointed xD

ReputationRep:
    nah You'll be fine.
    I'm scared too...

ReputationRep:
    nah You'll be fine.
    I'm scared too...
    Are you all from the same town as Greenhead College?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daydreamer3)
    Are you all from the same town as Greenhead College?
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, then how come you are planning to go to a college that far away? Why not apply for the college in your area?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.