Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I attend church every week.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    tho i missed the holy communion last week

ReputationRep:
    The only time I've ever been to church was with school and even then, a lot of the time my mum would usually just let me take the afternoon off for it once I got to secondary school. Also went for a few funerals but have never been to church for my own accord.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Thank you. I didn't even realise there was a church that's attended by alot of students
    I hope you manage to get along and see what its like.

ReputationRep:
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

I've been slacking but would love to go on a regular basis myself.

Just curious, did you go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    Just curious, did you go
    I didn't. I've currently been staying in Euston for quite some time now but I am due to return back to south Ken very soon. Do you visit regularly?

ReputationRep:
    I didn't. I've currently been staying in Euston for quite some time now but I am due to return back to south Ken very soon. Do you visit regularly?

When in London. Or I go to HTB in Brompton Road.

ReputationRep:
    No, not really. Very few times I went there on Christmas and Easter I still haven't even decided whether should I still be a Christian or Atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Racoon)
    When in London. Or I go to HTB in Brompton Road.
    Why are all your churches that you visit close to my house

ReputationRep:
    Why are all your churches that you visit close to my house

Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Like on weekends and especially Christmas and on Easter or any other Christian celebration/holiday? If so do you go to a particular church?

I've been slacking but would love to go on a regular basis myself.
    A lot less than my family would like me to but cant cope with too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justbeu)
    A lot less than my family would like me to but cant cope with too much
    No pressure

l have never been to church.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    l have never been to church.
    It's a welcoming place

It's a welcoming place
    They told me in school that it's a very bad place. They said 'better go into a mosque than into a church'. But I would like to try it sometime.

ReputationRep:
    It's a welcoming place
    Lol... my local church is otherwise known as the forum of gossips :P

Those older ladies like their little chats it seems.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own, but I have never managed to have faith or see myself as religious in any way. I regularly witness faith in god in those I work with, so understand how this fits into people's lives.... but it's just not for me...

I guess I'm too logical/evidence based for the whole thing, and I wouldn't be able to imagine a god that allows such suffering on this earth. I'm sure there are spiritual answers for this, but I can't see them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grape:))
    Each to their own, but I have never managed to have faith or see myself as religious in any way. I regularly witness faith in god in those I work with, so understand how this fits into people's lives.... but it's just not for me...

I guess I'm too logical/evidence based for the whole thing, and I wouldn't be able to imagine a god that allows such suffering on this earth. I'm sure there are spiritual answers for this, but I can't see them.

You should give 'Alpha' a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz9oTbBUtR8

ReputationRep:
    Luckily I don't go anymore, my parents used to take me all the time but since we moved house and they work weekends they don't really take me.

ReputationRep:
    Not as often as I used to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    Not as often as I used to.
    TeeEm ???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 20, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.