Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Should people be allowed to wear full face veils in hospitals? watch

• View Poll Results: would you want to be treated by someone wearing a full face veil?
    yes - I don't care
    33.12%
    No - I would like to see their face
    66.88%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

Hell I went to pick up my little brother from his primary school and the teachers couldn't tell whose mum was whose! They were giving out children like it was happy days...
    lmfao

and no proof you are Muslim, people claim things on the internet but anyway. Also the face veil is compulsory to their religion, silly :damnmate:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by billydisco)
    I thought being called naive was an insult?

Yeah course you do, whilst reading the Guardian which is justifying their actions.
    I'd rather read the Guardian (not that I do) than be a religiously right-wing nitwit.

ReputationRep:
    That stuff don't bother me I don't even think about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rat poison)
    I don't see why I need to see someone's face at the hospital; just sew me closed or give me medicine, Idk lol
    You seem to think the only interaction you have with doctors is when they are operating on you. The truth is that you have no interaction with them at that time, and lots before and after the operation, when a mask would not be worn, and a veil would be a major hindrance to communication.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    It's Dr Helenia
    Lol Sounds like Don Quixote claiming he was a knight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Well, you'd be living in a country with inferior health amenities, and where death and illness rates are far higher than they are in the west.
    Uh, well Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Brunei, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are all above the UK in terms of GDP per capita. Qatar is number one in terms of GDP per capita and is in the process of developing a world class public health system.

You wouldn't be educated enough to understand the implications of the loss of communication implicit in the wearing of veils.
    This statement is bull and you know it. You don't need to be educated to know that there is no loss of communication through wearing a veil.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to think the only interaction you have with doctors is when they are operating on you. The truth is that you have no interaction with them at that time, and lots before and after the operation, when a mask would not be worn, and a veil would be a major hindrance to communication.
    You omitted most of my post so I'd guess you wrote this not fully understanding context. I don't seem anything. I said what I felt. If I need medical attention I don't care who's behind the mask. When an unveiled doctor comes in do you say, "thank you for showing me your face."

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lmfao

and no proof you are Muslim, people claim things on the internet but anyway. Also the face veil is compulsory to their religion, silly :damnmate:
    urmmm okay... i am a muslim

and no it isn't... well different sects believe different things

that's why you get muslims who don't wear headscarves, muslims who do, muslims who wear face veils, muslim's who cover half their face, muslims who expose their necks, muslims who expose their ears, muslims who wear long dresses, muslims who don't etc

but your typical muslim dresses like this:

... i can see her face, can you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliemayxo)
    No they shouldn't. It's intimidating. Don't come here with your religion when we can't do the same with ours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What a joke how sad...you instantly forgot the troops and missionaries and the "charities" that heavily enforce Christianity even today, do some basic reading on your ancestor's crimes and everything they came with before you say something like this laughable even

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its not like the religion of the veil is responsible for 99% of global terrorism. Oh wait....
    Do you have any evidence to support that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    all of this is nonsense
    It is compulsory. The ones who wear the niqab wear it because they practice orthodox religious principles that implore the veil be worn...:damnmate:

so weird and also ridiculous to say the face veil isn't compulsory. lol maybe not to the NHS but the face veil isn't worn for the NHS. So it doesn't matter. It is worn for their religion which compels it.So for those who adhere to that, it is compulsory, and whether you like it or not

it is discrimination to say they have to remove it.

Also someone said here that the veils aren't even worn. So why is this a discussion then? Oh...simply to exhibit hatred and to prepare preemptive laws based on bias? Oh ok.

And I still have no care of your religion.

ReputationRep:
    On the grounds that I believe there are no doctors in the UK who would wear a veil, as it is an obvious no-no, I agree. The first time I hear of one will be when I disagree and say that a rule would need to be brought in to protect the public from someone with so little professional discretion.
    I don't know about in hospitals, but I am aware that in GP surgeries in certain areas of the country heavily populated with Muslims, it is not unheard of for female GPs and other staff to be wearing veils, especially since a large proportion of the patient population wear them as well, and since consultations tend to be between doctors and patients of the same gender, removing them in private is not much of an issue.

Though I suppose this is a different situation, given that the partners of that practice are independent contractors rather than NHS employees, and since they're probably best placed to know what the needs of their own patients are.

ReputationRep:
    It is compulsory. The ones who wear the niqab wear it because they practice orthodox religious principles that implore the veil be worn...:damnmate:

so weird and also ridiculous to say the face veil isn't compulsory. lol maybe not to the NHS but the face veil isn't worn for the NHS. So it doesn't matter. It is worn for their religion which compels it.So for those who adhere to that, it is compulsory, and whether you like it or not

it is discrimination to say they have to remove it.

Also someone said here that the veils aren't even worn. So why is this a discussion then? Oh...simply to exhibit hatred and to prepare preemptive laws based on bias? Oh ok.

And I still have no care of your religion.
    idk i feel like as a Muslim I'd know what is compulsory and what isn't but whatever it's your opinion i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    idk i feel like as a Muslim I'd know what is compulsory and what isn't but whatever it's your opinion i guess
    idk i feel like as a human being you'd understand English and what compulsory means and what orthodox means and what discrimination means but whatever it's your opinion i guess

ReputationRep:
    idk i feel like as a human being you'd understand English and what compulsory means and what orthodox means but whatever it's your opinion i guess
    i didn't know ALL human beings spoke English! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    i didn't know ALL human beings spoke English! :eek:
    Well clearly you do but instead you want to argue semantics, those of which you clearly don't understand, because you want to be obtuse.

I mean who knows who you are. Probably not worth my time, I'd gather.

Not talking to you anymore but now generally saying, it's discrimination and it would never work.

ReputationRep:
    Well clearly you do but instead you want to argue semantics, those of which you clearly don't understand, because you want to be obtuse.

I mean who knows who you are. Probably not worth my time, I'd gather.

Not talking to you anymore but now generally saying, it's discrimination and it would never work.
    Okay have it your way

Nice talking to you

Ciao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    I'd rather read the Guardian (not that I do) than be a religiously right-wing nitwit.
    Who mentioned religion? This isn't the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    Do you have any evidence to support that?
    Oh god, laughing my backside off. You do realise replying with "got any evidence to back that up?" is the same as:

"oh ****, he's made a valid point. How can I counter him? Erm.... I cant. Oh wait, what if I ask him to provide scientific evidence, perhaps I'll be lucky, he wont have any and I can pretend its not true"

?

Here's your daily/weekly/monthly Islamic killing figures:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Note also that in 2014 the BBC vetted the list of Islamic terror attacks for a single month and found that TROP undercounted the number of attacks by two-thirds and the deaths by half.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, laughing my backside off. You do realise replying with "got any evidence to back that up?" is the same as:

"oh ****, he's made a valid point. How can I counter him? Erm.... I cant. Oh wait, what if I ask him to provide scientific evidence, perhaps I'll be lucky, he wont have any and I can pretend its not true"

?

Here's your daily/weekly/monthly Islamic killing figures:

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
    1) Just because these attacks are carried out by Muslims, it does not necessarily follow that Islam itself is responsible. It's more likely a result of Western intervention which led to the destabilisation of some of the Muslim-majority countries.

2) You've given me a link to an outlandish website, which doesn't even support your assertion that "the religion of the veil is responsible for 99% of global terrorism". I'll ask again: how did you arrive at that figure?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.