Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    #PrayForMarch2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingKumar)
    I'm emailing them tomorrow asking whether there's one on March 2nd or not. If they say yes there's some hope, if they say no I'm gonna be pissed because that means I/we have been rejected and they could've told us a week ago when they already knew.
    Have they replied yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    I just hope I don't have to wait 1 month to receive a decision. My finals start on 1st March...
    If it is a rejection, I may ruin my final grades....

Where are you from?When did you apply and what subjects do you do? Also, what are predicted grades if you don't mind my asking?
    I hope to get my decision at least before US uni results (because that may not live up to expectation!)

Btw, I'm from Dubai, sitting the IB Diploma this May. I take Higher Level Math, Physics & Economics and Standard Level English, Spanish & Chemistry. My predicted score is 41/42 (6 in Spanish). I applied on Oct 13th (rejected Cambridge thereafter :P)

What about you? How was your test? Where all have you gotten in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suyash2099)
    I hope to get my decision at least before US uni results (because that may not live up to expectation!)

Btw, I'm from Dubai, sitting the IB Diploma this May. I take Higher Level Math, Physics & Economics and Standard Level English, Spanish & Chemistry. My predicted score is 41/42 (6 in Spanish). I applied on Oct 13th (rejected Cambridge thereafter :P)

What about you? How was your test? Where all have you gotten in?
    Dayum you predicted grades are top notch.

I am a Sri Lankan living Doha, Qatar. I am sitting for the CBSE Board exams in March. I do Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science. My predicted scores are 99,95,98,90 and 98(out of 100) respectively.

Applied to Oxford,Imperial,UCL,King's and Manchester
    Rejected from Oxford and hold offers from King's and Manchester. What about you?

My test was good. They asked me about asymptote and I didnt learn about it in school :P
    How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    Dayum you predicted grades are top notch.

I am a Sri Lankan living Doha, Qatar. I am sitting for the CBSE Board exams in March. I do Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English and Computer Science. My predicted scores are 99,95,98,90 and 98(out of 100) respectively.

Applied to Oxford,Imperial,UCL,King's and Manchester
    Rejected from Oxford and hold offers from King's and Manchester. What about you?

My test was good. They asked me about asymptote and I didnt learn about it in school :P
    How did yours go?
    My test was also quite good - although im unsure I typed out the answers in the correct syntax. I hold offers at UCL, Southampton and Bristol. Good luck for boards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NT226)
    Have they replied yet?
    No sorry. I know another user in the same position has also emailed and also not got a reply. I'll call them tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suyash2099)
    My test was also quite good - although im unsure I typed out the answers in the correct syntax. I hold offers at UCL, Southampton and Bristol. Good luck for boards!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow I'm still waiting for UCL to reply xD
    Good luck to you too
    May we both get offers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone been invited for interview on 2 March for JMC? Or for some other course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horse.jojo)
    Has anyone been invited for interview on 2 March for JMC? Or for some other course?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dont think so, but if we dont hear anything tomorrow about it then I'm going to worry because they usually give about two weeks notice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieOH)
    I dont think so, but if we dont hear anything tomorrow about it then I'm going to worry because they usually give about two weeks notice.
    Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For those that went to the interview day on Wednesday be sure to let us know when you get your offers!

ReputationRep:
    Well... Anyone heard anything about March 2? It would be kind of dumb if we hadn't been rejected yet and there wasnt an interview date on March 2.

ReputationRep:
    Well... Anyone heard anything about March 2? It would be kind of dumb if we hadn't been rejected yet and there wasnt an interview date on March 2.
    I called and no one picked picked up, just left a message asking if there were any interviews left and the answering message said they'll call back with an answer - which I'm not sure they will.

Their number's +44 (0)2075948267 if anyone wants to try

ReputationRep:
    I called and no one picked picked up, just left a message asking if there were any interviews left and the answering message said they'll call back with an answer - which I'm not sure they will.

When did you try? I'll try on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    When did you try? I'll try on Monday.
    around 10 today, I couldn't find any opening times so for all I know they're closed today.

ReputationRep:

I found there phone numbers and emails to be quite unresponsive, I called 3 of their numbers and sent emails to 3 email addresses and still haven't got a reply for those still

however i did get an email some hours ago where they invited me for a skype interview on March 2nd (im from the southeast asia and it would cost a pretty penny to go to london just for the interview so yay me)
    i applied for the 3 year JMC btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N92991)
    I found there phone numbers and emails to be quite unresponsive, I called 3 of their numbers and sent emails to 3 email addresses and still haven't got a reply for those still

however i did get an email some hours ago where they invited me for a skype interview on March 2nd (im from the southeast asia and it would cost a pretty penny to go to london just for the interview so yay me)
    i applied for the 3 year JMC btw
    Oh maybe March 2 is dedicated to Skype Interviews? Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizbo)
    That would explain it being in the staff calendar but not on the main interview info page :////
    It would... But lets not give up hope. They've stated there was many more applicants than last year so maybe they needed more interview dates than initially planned? WHO KNOWS? Before I didn't care and I was happy with just going to Durham but now they've allocated me a **** college so now I really want a response from Imperial

ReputationRep:
    Made a program to keep track of the number of days that have passed since submitting my application....
    Now I don't have to keep track xD

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 318
Size:  7.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1fad)
    Made a program to keep track of the number of days that have passed since submitting my application....
    Now I don't have to keep track xD

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 318
Size:  7.2 KB
    lmao thats cool/funny

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.