Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    management
    Ahh cool, well i hope you get an offer soon! Where else did you apply? My other choices were Kings College, Queen Mary's, Westminster and SOAS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm The Real MVP)
    Ahh cool, well i hope you get an offer soon! Where else did you apply? My other choices were Kings College, Queen Mary's, Westminster and SOAS
    queen mary, idk about other 3 maybe westminsiter as backup, im guessing you want to stay in london

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Anyone here applied for medical sciences at Exeter? If you have, have you received any offers from them, as I sent my application off 2 weeks ago and haven't heard from them (apart from the confirmation email)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    I got an offer from Surrey yesterday (Physics).

when did you send your application off?

ReputationRep:
    do universities send offers on sundays?

ReputationRep:
    Heard back from Warwick and UEA, LSE asked for a questionnaire to be filled out. Haven't even had the acknowledgement email from Nottingham 😦... I'm applying for maths and economics, has anyone else recieved acknowledgement for this course? Sent off on Monday 11th...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kattoo)
    How commons are rejections even if you meet the entry requirements? Did anyone get a rejection yet?
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. Obviously the top universities send more rejections than offers, say Oxbridge and the Russell Group, but how about if you've met their requirement?

Context. I've got a 32 in IB and I'm applying for sociology to unis that want 32 as well. Just thinking about whether I should apply to Essex that wants 30, as a backup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    Has anyone had any history offers yet? I've had acknowledgments from Edinburgh and Exeter but that's all
    Yes! I've got an offer from York to study History. Took about a week and a half and it's the only one I've received so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afern)
    Has anyone had any history offers yet? I've had acknowledgments from Edinburgh and Exeter but that's all
    History and French for Cardiff and Reading. I want to hear from Exeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crbuckingham)
    Heard back from Warwick and UEA, LSE asked for a questionnaire to be filled out. Haven't even had the acknowledgement email from Nottingham 😦... I'm applying for maths and economics, has anyone else recieved acknowledgement for this course? Sent off on Monday 11th...
    I'm applying for medicine at Nottingham and I received a confirmation email the next day, odd you haven't received one yet albeit we're not applying for the same course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I shouldn't be waiting too long for Nottingham. This is from their email:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    If we need any more information we’ll let you know, otherwise you should receive our response via UCAS Track within the next month.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I'm applying for medicine at Nottingham and I received a confirmation email the next day, odd you haven't received one yet albeit we're not applying for the same course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, all my friends applying have had the confirmation email. If I haven't heard anything by November I think I'll contact them 😟

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kattoo)
    How commons are rejections even if you meet the entry requirements? Anyone got a rejection yet?
    (Original post by jamlycheeemir)
    I'd like to know the answer to this too. Obviously the top universities send more rejections than offers, say Oxbridge and the Russell Group, but how about if you've met their requirement?

Context. I've got a 32 in IB and I'm applying for sociology to unis that want 32 as well. Just thinking about whether I should apply to Essex that wants 30, as a backup.
    All universities have every right to reject someone that meets their requirements, in fact, they do this a lot.
    Though I would assume you'd be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crbuckingham)
    My acknowledgement email from Nottingham went in junk, so make sure you double check. It took around 3 days to arrive and was my last acknowledgement too.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone had any offers for maths yet? i'm getting paranoid

ReputationRep:
    Qmul are quick, got an offer in 5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwilliams.789)
    has anyone had any offers for maths yet? i'm getting paranoid
    Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GOKU27)
    Qmul are quick, got an offer in 5 days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For which course at QMUL? 😀

ReputationRep:
    What course for QMUL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yousf)
    queen mary, idk about other 3 maybe westminsiter as backup, im guessing you want to stay in london
    Yeah definitely, its just a lot easier for me, plus i dont have to spend money on accommodation which is good in the long run

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.