Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone I'm going to school now, praying for TSA, diversification, macroeconomics and objectives questions.... See you on the other side 😣👍🏻😷

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the cyclical variation??

ReputationRep:
    What did people put in their last essay? Which was how can VGL improve their performance (without entering textiles market). I found that the hardest question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allytodd97)
    What did people put in their last essay? Which was how can VGL improve their performance (without entering textiles market). I found that the hardest question.
    I wrote about ways to improve their liquidity, not sure if that would be right??

ReputationRep:
    123, 89, 131 I think but I have no idea how to do it I just guessed

ReputationRep:
    I did not answer the first question, as I hate tsa even though I tried to understand it. Only filled in the boxes and did the variation for q3 Although I think even that was wrong.

TSA I said how it is only historical data, and not accurate as they are affected by external factors such as the economy.

For economic growth I said it would be beneficial as they will receive more waste, and more to sell on the stock market.Said how VGL may have had trouble with labour turnover in the past due to their objective not being an improvement, so an increase may even be a disadvantage, as employers may look for new jobs.However more businesses will invest into the market, in recycling and out, which will increase competition but also revenues due to chances for higher profits and them being a market leader.I have a feeling this is very, very wrong though.

3. I spoke about table four and how Michael is clearly wrong. How they have the increasing revenues to fund this but how there gearing is high and their liabilities, but how this will improve the motivation of employees due to the job being more varied.

4. I went wrong here I believe, at least I didn't speak about enough. I spoke about liquidity, and how its much too low, so they need to sell regularly on the spot market.Said to improve their revenues and profits, they could reduce contamination, which would involve michaels test and the four pillars, but how they should be shortened down to how they will benefit the employees.Overall, feeling very worried and upset that I could have done better.

ReputationRep:
    I only just got back. I have extra time and my drive home was flooded from heavy storms!
    I wrote my last word and put my pen down at the exact same time at which invigilator said time is over and lightning struck the building! It felt pretty damn cool.

I feel like it went well, i never feel exams go well so this is a nice feeling, although I'm sure when I read through what everyone else wrote I'll start getting doubts creep in!

I expanded on all these points and linked them to lots of things obviously, this is just the overall ideas I wrote. I filled the space for all questions and used half an extra page for question 3.

1a can't remember exact figure but it was 214 or something like that?

1b said data had to be accurate, ignores macroeconomics, isn't certain.

2 revenue objective easier because of increased consumption so increased waste. Labour turnover harder because more alternative jobs available etc. +2 contracts harder as more competition. Little effect of charity, but will be easier with inc profit.

3 yes do it, but 200 tonnes seems excessive needs extensive research, issues with staffing, potential profitability, effects on current operations, could get e.o.s especially risk bearing.

4 could reduce costs - improve staffing through inc motivation by better facilities, improved training, include in decision making etc. Could improve liquidity - sell stock sooner but since it is very price elastic due to being a commodity, a small reduction in price will also yield high increase in demand so will also increase revenues, aiding long and short term success. Could increase revenue - explored the options of gaining new contracts in/out of Midlands and relative benefits, then linked to how improved liquidity plan will increase revenue. Overall most important is to sell stock sooner and increase motivation,as it improves productivity efficiency liquidity revenues profit survival and reduced costs, leading to long and short term success and direct achievement of 2 objectives.

Hope everyone is happy with how it went, let's pray for low grade boundaries and until then have fun forgetting all of this stupid knowledge that you will never need again and burn your notes!
    I'm off to revise for maths tomorrow 😊

ReputationRep:
    Oh and boy was I happy to see TSA through the paper when sat before the start of exam waiting for the usual speech. No blummin ratios. 😍

ReputationRep:
    thought the paper was okay, but messed up with the TSA as certain columns were missed out, and the columns weren't in line, hard tbh.
    hope i am not the only one

ReputationRep:
    I thought it went very well...

1) Around 220 or something.
    1b) Too short-term, doesn't take into account external factors.
    2) Could help to achieve objectives due to increased revenue but depends how 'significant' the growth is. Growth could be bad for labour turnover objective.
    3) Yes, after further market research in areas such as finance and human resources to gain the marketing and financial rewards.
    4) Talked about improving their communication with households and new training scheme to reduce contamination, as well as new methods of motivation.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly dunno how it went. I wrote loads but business is a subject where you can write tonnes of pages but only achieve L2! I ran out of time to properly answer the 23 marker as well haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFEFC1)
    Honestly dunno how it went. I wrote loads but business is a subject where you can write tonnes of pages but only achieve L2! I ran out of time to properly answer the 23 marker as well haha
    I have no idea, as the mock for the marketing paper ( Yay... 1 week to go!) felt good, but i got a U.

Yup. I wrote two paragraphs and then a conclusion in the 23 marker...

ReputationRep:
    And i think the final answer i got for TSA was 210.8 or 212? can't really remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GFEFC1)
    And i think the final answer i got for TSA was 210.8 or 212? can't really remember.
    I think I got 212 it was close to that anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis7_)
    I have no idea, as the mock for the marketing paper ( Yay... 1 week to go!) felt good, but i got a U.

Yup. I wrote two paragraphs and then a conclusion in the 23 marker...
    Yeah pretty much the same here, no more than 13 marks for that question i think! Hopefully the effort in the other questions was enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackDove)
    I think I got 212 it was close to that anyway
    It was a pretty tough question i thought! and i think they allow a range of answers so like 210-212 or whatever it was...

ReputationRep:
    Was this for the forecast for 2016 for q2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newitt97)
    Was this for the forecast for 2016 for q2?
    Q2? weren't it Q3?

ReputationRep:
    For the TSA,I only filled in the blocks because I couldn't do it. I put 123 and then something like 89, was this wrong? I then added up the variations for q3 and then divided by three. Would this get me any marks at all?? Or was it all wrong or irrelevant

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.