Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    Thanks. Knowing that this section doesn't count is a relief.
    When I did my test earlier they told me the DM section didn't count but we ought to take it seriously as it would be used to decide which questions are easy or hard for next year's batch. To be honest it's hard to care about that.

For the situational judgment stuff, ISC's 1000Q book does have quite a lot of scenarios and detailed explanations. There are some tricks to learn, which will help you a lot because these are patterns which come back again and again in different types of scenarios. Once you have learnt those 3 or 4 things through repetition it is not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    whats the exam room like? are there many people taking the exam simultaneously? just trying to envision the environment ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugh Laurie)
    whats the exam room like? are there many people taking the exam simultaneously? just trying to envision the environment ^^
    For me: lots of cublcles separated by a partition so you can't see the others but you are all in the same room.

ReputationRep:
    Is the AR and QR hard this year because I suck at those... D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhizzKidhehe:))
    I suck at QR and VR .

ReputationRep:
    The questions are different for each person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiemonster15)
    The questions are different for each person.
    Sorry, I should've phrased that better: how did people that have taken the exam this year find these sections and how were they compared to the practice ones online?

ReputationRep:
    OKay guys I need your help. I have my test the 23rd of august but am volenteering and on holiday from 19th of july to agust the 6th and im freaking out. If i do a course as soon as im back is 10 days enough time use all the resources, of course I will do things on holiday and before too! Is the Kaplan course really worth it? or 6med? how do they compare?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    OKay guys I need your help. I have my test the 23rd of august but am volenteering and on holiday from 19th of july to agust the 6th and im freaking out. If i do a course as soon as im back is 10 days enough time use all the resources, of course I will do things on holiday and before too! Is the Kaplan course really worth it? or 6med? how do they compare?
    You can start early and continue to work thorugh. YOu only have a short break which you will find refreshing. As long as you have done what you need to, you will have plenty of time (7 August to 22 August is full two weeks) to revise. Do as much as you can between now and 19 July
    ON the other hand, an option would be to either take a latter date for exam or reschedule your holiday ( I would hate to do that)

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I should've phrased that better: how did people that have taken the exam this year find these sections and how were they compared to the practice ones online?
    It depends on at what level one is working. Same question could be tough for someone and easy for someone else. As they say, no question is tough when we know the answer. So be prepared for the worst and you can handle all !
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both. I am scared. I want to take the Kaplan course. Is it good? Has any one done this ? Do they do a mock exam? What was your score before and after the course

ReputationRep:
    Just got Medify today and it seems quite good

That said, I've only done AR questions, and they are A LOT easier than those in the ISC book. I still struggle sometimes, and often miss one vital thing and hence get one or two of them wrong, but I figure, as long as I can get the majority of them right in the time, I should get a decent score. I have been managing to do them mostly in proper time, also, so that gives me some hope. This is only the AR section though :lol:

Are the Medify AR questions representative, though, because they are easier than the ISC ones?
    I don't want to get cocky, though, so I will work through all the ISC ones, still and try to understand the patterns that come up...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gogregg)
    Just got Medify today and it seems quite good

That said, I've only done AR questions, and they are A LOT easier than those in the ISC book. I still struggle sometimes, and often miss one vital thing and hence get one or two of them wrong, but I figure, as long as I can get the majority of them right in the time, I should get a decent score. I have been managing to do them mostly in proper time, also, so that gives me some hope. This is only the AR section though :lol:

Are the Medify AR questions representative, though, because they are easier than the ISC ones?
    I don't want to get cocky, though, so I will work through all the ISC ones, still and try to understand the patterns that come up...
    I havnt got medify yet but i have got the 600Q book and the questions in it are jsut rediculous. I will go back and practice them but i need to do easier ones first instead of jumping in at the deep end. I am struggling to get past 67% on QR

ReputationRep:
    i dont suggest timing yourself on the QR questions in the ISC600/1000 books. they are known to be much harder than the real thing, I generally gave myself twice the normal time to do them.

ReputationRep:
    Took my UKCAT july 5
    VR: 650
    QR: 770
    AR: 750
    Average: 723
    Practiced on medify for a month

ReputationRep:
    What are the universities that accept low academic marks? (even if it has a foundation year)
    PLZ SOMEONE HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKCATrocks)
    VR:750
    QR:710
    AR:690
    Average:717
    Resources used: ISC Medical 1000Q book + Medify
    What about SJT? What tips can you give

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    I havnt got medify yet but i have got the 600Q book and the questions in it are jsut rediculous. I will go back and practice them but i need to do easier ones first instead of jumping in at the deep end. I am struggling to get past 67% on QR
    I was thinking of getting this book (600 question)
    Should I ?
    Looks like you are not getting anywhere with it? When is your test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliek98)
    Took my UKCAT july 5
    VR: 650
    QR: 770
    AR: 750
    Average: 723
    Practiced on medify for a month
    Those are great!

Where are you applying? If you apply where I am applying then I won't stand a chance, haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    That's all there is on the UKCAT now. How much practice will depend on each person - it's best to concentrate on the sections that you're not so good at. Have a look at the 1000Q book. When I did my UKCAT, the 600Q book was quite useful and the 1000 one is the latest edition.
    I agree. 600Q is the old version though and is on the tough side. 1000Q book is up to date and has more balance in the levels of difficulty.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2017

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.