Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sheddy's tears taste so good. :tong: Yum yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mourinho is a quality manager and anybody would be a fool to deny that.
    However sometimes managers just have an awful season.
    I think he needs to move on just to show the world he can do it elsewhere.
    He's already done that. All this time we've had to put up with *******s like AVB, Benitez, Scolari we've only ever wanted one man back in charge. Now he's here its time to back him.

Absolutely cant lose to Kiev on Wednesday though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    He hasn't been helped by key players being out of form and the ****e transfer window we had which the board have acknowledged themselves.

Madrid situation was different, he openly had players going against him whereas we've been unlucky on numerous ocasions this year. Against City Fernandinho and Toure should have both been sent off, an equaliser a cm away and a goal disallowed against west ham, Lucas should have been sent off today as could Can, and 3 deflected goals

Some of these i'll acknowledge are a consequence of his actions in the media, Clattenberg clearly had something against Mikel, but our transition play on the counter today was absolutely tragic.
    In response to your first point, whose fault is that?

I understand that for whatever reason he hasn't had complete control over transfers but who forced him to pick a fight with Lukaku and sell him off to Everton? Everybody knows Costa is both injury prone and a complete loose cannon so a good backup striker is essential. Who forced him to buy Falcao? That's right it was his ego, he wanted to be seen as the genius who brought Radamel back. He saw at the end of last season that Ivanovic was losing it and did nothing to fix the roof while the sun was shining. These things were all foreseeable and that's what makes it so unforgivable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Sheddy's tears taste so good. :tong: Yum yum.
    At least im here to air them, not many of you lot ( you included), or fans of other teams on here, surface for days after a defeat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Disgustingly close.
    Now I know why Villa fans rated Benteke so much, we look better going forward with him on and most importantly, can score goals

Those two goals in the second half were not happening if he wasn't subbed on. We really need to keep him fit as at least he can get a run of games unlike Sturridge and he's our only fit quality striker, Origi not good enough and Ings is out for the season.

ReputationRep:
    Us rn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    As soon as Coutinho got the first I was thinking about your prediction. Benteke was a dead cert for a goal as far as I'm concerned, we got some great crosses in, in the first half, and if he'd been on the end of them we'd have scored.
    What was his goal like? Header?

(Original post by samir12)
    Now I know why Villa fans rated Benteke so much, we look better going forward with him on and most importantly, can score goals

Those two goals in the second half were not happening if he wasn't subbed on.
    :cool:

What a player.

ReputationRep:

Players' average positions in today's game. Notice how advanced Milner was, and look at our fullback's compared to Chelsea's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    In response to your first point, whose fault is that?

I understand that for whatever reason he hasn't had complete control over transfers but who forced him to pick a fight with Lukaku and sell him off to Everton? Who forced him to buy Falcao? That's right it was his ego, he wanted to be seen as the genius who brought Radamel back. He saw at the end of last season that Ivanovic was losing it and did nothing to fix the roof while the sun was shining. These things were all foreseeable and that's what makes it so unforgivable.
    Lukaku situation was down to him having a crap attitude - he's already said he's not going to hang around at Everton if they don't win a trophy - which they haven't for nearly 25 years now.

Falcao situation is stupid, but when you've just come off a dominant seasin with no indications to what is happening now will happen you're going to take that chance, especially on a loan.

Think our biggest problem atm is a lack of leadership in the dressing room, we've lost both Cech and Drogba in the last few months which would be important at a time like this

ReputationRep:
    Always helps when the ref wants to keep your players on the pitch 2/3 warnings after giving them a yellow.
    I don't dispute that, however i think it's a little unfair to mention those but completely ignore the Costa incident.

What was Big Ben's goal like mate?
    It was beautiful man. Just a typical strikers goal tbh; given too much time around the area and slots it home in to the corner. The guy is just so clinical.

He's already done that. All this time we've had to put up with *******s like AVB, Benitez, Scolari we've only ever wanted one man back in charge. Now he's here its time to back him.

Absolutely cant lose to Kiev on Wednesday though.
    Perhaps but it's hard to do so when you're loitering around the relegation zone.

I think he should go to France and win a title there. Move on to Germany afterwards and (surely?) he'll be the only manager in history to have won a title in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France and Germany.

The man has world class managerial quality but this is the time for him to leave.

ReputationRep:
    What was his goal like? Header?
    :cool:
    What a player.
    Nah, we didn't dominate the ball as much to get enough crosses in for a header. Ball was played along the edge of the box and he collected it, had time, kinda shimmied past one and put it in the far corner.

And yeah, he's quality. He's not quite lethal with his 1 on 1 finishes, and he's a tiny bit slow, but usually our best player when he's on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku situation was down to him having a crap attitude - he's already said he's not going to hang around at Everton if they don't win a trophy - which they haven't for nearly 25 years now.

Falcao situation is stupid, but when you've just come off a dominant seasin with no indications to what is happening now will happen you're going to take that chance, especially on a loan.

Think our biggest problem atm is a lack of leadership in the dressing room, we've lost both Cech and Drogba in the last few months which would be important at a time like this
    Lukaku was showing real potential back at Chelsea but still Mourinho was giving Torres priority over him, I can sympathise given that the guy was trying to build a career and was being consistently overlooked for no reason.

Why buy him then? He was garbage at Man United, so why would he have been any better at Chelsea, he is a ****ing black hole for wages.

I sympathise with this, it would have been cruel not to let Cech go given what he's done for the club and yes I agree, nobody could have predicted Courtois would have been out for so long so I don't hold it against him, but this is perhaps the one thing Jose is not to blame for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    I don't dispute that, however i think it's a little unfair to mention those but completely ignore the Costa incident.

It was beautiful man. Just a typical strikers goal tbh; given too much time around the area and slots it home in to the corner. The guy is just so clinical.

Perhaps but it's hard to do so when you're loitering around the relegation zone.

I think he should go to France and win a title there. Move on to Germany afterwards and (surely?) he'll be the only manager in history to have won a title in England, Spain, Italy, Portugal, France and Germany.

The man has world class managerial quality but this is the time for him to leave.
    And its unfair to ignore the Costa situation without looking at the Skrtel situation - but that won't stop Shearer singling him out on MOTD tonight, or Redknapp on SNF.

This is the best time for him to stay and prove he can last at a club. He loves the club, the fans love him, the board support him, to sack him now would be shortsighted.

ReputationRep:
    "nussing to say", basically his equivalent to "I didn't see the incident"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    Imagine having Oscar as your number 10 when the lad doesn't have any end product at all.
    Scored more than Coutinho since they've both been in the prem

ReputationRep:
    And its unfair to ignore the Costa situation without looking at the Skrtel situation - but that won't stop Shearer singling him out on MOTD tonight, or Redknapp on SNF.

This is the best time for him to stay and prove he can last at a club. He loves the club, the fans love him, the board support him, to sack him now would be shortsighted.
    What Skrtel situation? Seriously man, don't be biased. Costa was an a viols red card that was completely missed by the referee.

It wouldn't be shortsighted. It would be logical. Chelsea are a top club who won the league last season. They aren't getting anywhere near now and even top 4 looks in jeopardy unless something changes very soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal)
    Lukaku was showing real potential back at Chelsea but still Mourinho was giving Torres priority over him, I can sympathise given that the guy was trying to build a career and was being consistently overlooked for no reason.

Why buy him then? He was garbage at Man United, so why would he have been any better at Chelsea, he is a ****ing black hole for wages.

I sympathise with this, it would have been cruel not to let Cech go given what he's done for the club and yes I agree, nobody could have predicted Courtois would have been out for so long so I don't hold it against him, but this is perhaps the one thing Jose is not to blame for.
    Lukaku threw a strop when he didnt start 3-4 games despite being a 19 year old in mans sport. If he'd been a bit patient he'd probably have played a lot more for us than he ever thought he would given he was competing with Torres, Eto'o and Ba. He has hot and cold spells himself so its not like he's the world class striker he thinks he is either - he got dropped for Origi at the world cup ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    Scored more than Coutinho since they've both been in the prem
    One had Brendan Rodgers playing him on the wing for 75 percent of the games he played.

ReputationRep:

Don't recall Skirtle committing any red card offences. Wasn't on a yellow either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    One had Brendan Rodgers playing him on the wing for 75 percent of the games he played.
    Oscar played on the right in his first season and does most of of our defensive work outside our back 4 and Matic. Going by today's performance, he does more than anyone.

I like Coutinho- he needs to be more clinical in general. I'll give it to him today. He changed the game

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.