Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowbagr)
    I am predicted A*AA in Fine Art, Maths and English Lit. So far I have received AAA offers from Cardiff and Newcastle; but Manchester just offered AAB which I am really surprised by as at the open day they implied they only gave AAA offers. Has anyone else heard back from Manchester yet?
    Im still waiting on Edinburgh and Shefield
    I got an offer from Manchester as well (AAB) which I was also surprised by. Sheffield should reply soon, they gave me an offer 4 days after Manchester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University Of Bath)
    Hi,

Congratulations on your offer! I'm a current second year student at Bath, so feel free to quote me if you have any questions!

Beth
    Beth, I am an offer holder as well. I want to live in the student halls (if I get in of course). When should I start booking a room, and will I get any deposits back if I do not meet my offer?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyB_97)
    Unfortunately, I was rejected from UCL after submitting my task. My art teacher said that this is probably because UCL is looking for a distinct style and meaning behind the drawings. My only advice would be to make the actual story very eye catching. I have made a mistake of focusing too much on the techniques rather than my subject matter.

In defense of all of us who got rejected, a lot of worthy students from my school got rejected from this course for no apparent reason. We all got into other good universities ( I got an offer from bath 2 days ago ). I remember myself panicking upon receiving a rejection but I got all the other offers at the end of the day.
    Hey sorry about UCL but congrats on bath!!! Was wondering if you'd be able to send me images of your ucl task? Id just like to get an idea of how some have presented a 'storyboard'. Its okay if you don't want to !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Hey sorry about UCL but congrats on bath!!! Was wondering if you'd be able to send me images of your ucl task? Id just like to get an idea of how some have presented a 'storyboard'. Its okay if you don't want to !
    I'm sorry but I did not take pictures of it and they don't send the work back to you. Basically my task was not very meaningful if I can craze it like that. My only advice would be to make sure that your project stands out. Be sure to put a lot of thought into a storyboard. I'm sorry I was not really helpful. Please let me know how your project turns out. Best of luck, ucl is very competitive though. I'm sure you will succeed )

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, I was rejected from UCL after submitting my task. My art teacher said that this is probably because UCL is looking for a distinct style and meaning behind the drawings. My only advice would be to make the actual story very eye catching. I have made a mistake of focusing too much on the techniques rather than my subject matter.

In defense of all of us who got rejected, a lot of worthy students from my school got rejected from this course for no apparent reason. We all got into other good universities ( I got an offer from bath 2 days ago ). I remember myself panicking upon receiving a rejection but I got all the other offers at the end of the day.
    Thank you very much for the response and the advice! I'm sorry UCL rejected you, but Bath's probably even better, so congrats!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

So I sent off my UCAS on the 9th and I got portfolio submission request from Newcastle and Manchester, task request from UCL but still nothing from Sheffield and Kent... is this normal? I only got 'reviewing your application' emails from them...

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but I did not take pictures of it and they don't send the work back to you. Basically my task was not very meaningful if I can craze it like that. My only advice would be to make sure that your project stands out. Be sure to put a lot of thought into a storyboard. I'm sorry I was not really helpful. Please let me know how your project turns out. Best of luck, ucl is very competitive though. I'm sure you will succeed )
    My best friend js a second year archi student at Bath and loves it! You will definitely have an amazing time if that's your final option. I would apply to there but my grades were not good enough haha..
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Beth, I am an offer holder as well. I want to live in the student halls (if I get in of course). When should I start booking a room, and will I get any deposits back if I do not meet my offer?

Thanks
    Hi there!

I'm a current first year Computer Science student at Bath. Hopefully I can help with your question.

We guarantee accommodation to all eligible first year students as long as they meet the application deadline.
    Those with an insurance offer for University of Bath will be able to apply for the waiting list when your offer is confirmed.We cannot guarantee a place in University accommodation for those holding an insurance offer as the guarantee deadline will have passed.

Applications for accommodation (student halls) are currently closed and will re-open in early April 2016.

If you decide to live off campus in non-university accommodation, we offer help to find you a place to live, with house hunting weekends from the Housing Advice team in the Students' Union. These sessions are also a great way to meet potential house mates.

You do not have to pay any deposit or money towards your contract until your place and accommodation choice is confirmed in mid-August.

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherifshehata)
    Hey everyone,

So I sent off my UCAS on the 9th and I got portfolio submission request from Newcastle and Manchester, task request from UCL but still nothing from Sheffield and Kent... is this normal? I only got 'reviewing your application' emails from them...
    Don't worry, some universities take longer than others. Westminster asked me to go to an interview a month after I sent my application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f3rg132)
    Hi everyone! I'm a Scottish student and have applied to Edinburgh, Glasgow School of Art, Strathclyde, Robert Gordon and Dundee! I have 3A's and 2B's at Scottish Higher and am predicted AAB at Scottish Advanced Higher in Maths, Graphic Communication and Physics respectively (we don't get A* or my grades would be higher!) as well as studying a Scottish Baccalaureate. Yesterday I received my first 2 offers in one day, an Unconditional for Edinburgh which was amazing and my first choice, and an non-academic conditional from RGU, which requires a satisfactory portfolio. I have also been asked to send a portfolio to GSA and Dundee before being made an offer. Still waiting to hear from Strathclyde but not that bothered because I really wanted to go to Edinburgh. Has anyone else received an offer from Edinburgh?
    I am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh. When did you send your application? I sent mine on November 9th. Did they ask for anything like a portfolio or a task?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misha97)
    Hello everyone! I saw that a lot of people have applied to UCL and have already sent their task, so can I ask you a question about it? It's said that it should be 6 drawings in frames of a storyboard....which means that there are supposed to be more than one drawing on an A4 paper? I'm sorry, I'm really anxious about it, because I received the task today and I'm not really sure whether I'm understanding it properly. :erm:

Congrats to everyone who has already received an offer!
    Hello, I sent off my UCL task over a month or so ago, I had an interview last week and have received an offer.
    My task was 6 drawings on one A4 sheet each, using the whole of the space in my drawings, these were then brought up at interview, and my thought processes and 'storyboard theme' was asked about then. I think that they are just looking for a range of techniques and materials, showing a good example of your skills .
    Let me know if you want to know anything else. 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyday)
    Hello, I sent off my UCL task over a month or so ago, I had an interview last week and have received an offer.
    My task was 6 drawings on one A4 sheet each, using the whole of the space in my drawings, these were then brought up at interview, and my thought processes and 'storyboard theme' was asked about then. I think that they are just looking for a range of techniques and materials, showing a good example of your skills .
    Ahh! congrats!! Is it ur first choice? may I ask what your offer requirements are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Ahh! congrats!! Is it ur first choice? may I ask what your offer requirements are?
    I'm not sure what my first choice will be yet to be honest. Still so excited though! 😀 They have asked for AAB and a pass in another subject to AS level. 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzyday)
    Wow congratulations!! I would so love to go to ucl! Sent off my task on the 20th of November which is a pain that I have had to wait so long.. Also turns out they don't do admissions over christmas holidays so more waiting..
    I was wondering what the subjects you drew were and the materials used in your drawings? I was rather confused by the brief to the 'storyboard' aspect and the mention of some of them being 'conceptual'...

ReputationRep:
    To me, the storyboard aspect meant that the drawings must show some sort of progress or progression, while the conceptual aspect means that you're not just drawing what you see, and not just trying to draw as accurate to the real thing as possible..

(Original post by cowie)
    Wow congratulations!! I would so love to go to ucl! Sent off my task on the 20th of November which is a pain that I have had to wait so long.. Also turns out they don't do admissions over christmas holidays so more waiting..
    I was wondering what the subjects you drew were and the materials used in your drawings? I was rather confused by the brief to the 'storyboard' aspect and the mention of some of them being 'conceptual'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Thank you! UCL was great and has such a good reputation! I can imagine that even the admissions tutors need a break over Christmas!

My storyboard was made to represent different elements "inside to outside" my own house. I chose different elements and drew them at different scales and angles, using different media such as biro, fineliner and pencil. I think they mean that your drawings must 'link' and have a narrative but don't necessarily have to be a story, like seen in books. However, I'm not completely sure what they meant either. 😂

ReputationRep:
    A*AA predicted grades in art, maths and french
    offers from Manchester and UCL
    Why won't Edinburgh and Cardiff reply :'(
    Interviewed at Cambridge (King's), but we'll just have to see on 12th Jan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowbagr)
    I am predicted A*AA in Fine Art, Maths and English Lit. So far I have received AAA offers from Cardiff and Newcastle; but Manchester just offered AAB which I am really surprised by as at the open day they implied they only gave AAA offers. Has anyone else heard back from Manchester yet?
    Im still waiting on Edinburgh and Shefield
    Ah when exactly did cardiff give you the offer,? I sent portfolio for the nov 6th and haven't heard back. they could just reject me, or at least give me an offer pronto as it would have been a good xmas pres

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaaahg)
    A*AA predicted grades in art, maths and french
    offers from Manchester and UCL
    Why won't Edinburgh and Cardiff reply :'(
    Interviewed at Cambridge (King's), but we'll just have to see on 12th Jan
    congrats on your offers! Are you perhaps an international/eu student?
    Best of luck with Cambridge! Which is your no.1 choice?

ReputationRep:
    Hello TSR,
    I am currently thinking about getting a part-time job for myself next year. Hopefully, I will be going to Bath university to do architecture. Are there any architecture students from Bath that can send me the screenshot of their timetable, so I can see if I have enough time to cram in a part-time job. Speaking of which, does anyone of you know how hard it is to get a part-time job (i.e. Waiter or cashier) if you are away for the summer and some holidays?
    Thank you very much for the help in advance.
    Good luck to everyone with their offers!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.