Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How did you find the BMAT?
    Both sections were fine!
    22.22%
    Both sections were impossible!
    3.47%
    Section 1 was fine, section 2 was harder
    12.50%
    Section 1 was a killer, section 2 was okay
    28.47%
    I'm doomed
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    is anyone else still waiting to hear from UCL with a similar sort of profile?

Bmat: 5.4,5.2, 4A
    GCSEs: 10A*s
    A levels: A,A,A,A (biology, chem, maths, english lit)
    Predictions: A* A* A* A (A in maths, I took C3 and C4 early and didn't get an A* in the C3 paper..)

I was also asked about 2 weeks ago for my UMS (over 95 in everything except one chem that I was ill for and C3), and I also had to upload details of my work experience.

....I know that UCL gives out interviews on a rolling basis and this question can be seen as quite big headed and arrogant, but I'm just really worried that something is wrong in my application! Is it my bmat? Thanks

(Original post by ck_lee)
    Hi,

Predictions: A* A* A* A (A in maths, I took C3 and C4 early and didn't get an A* in the C3 paper..)

I was also asked about 2 weeks ago for my UMS (over 95 in everything except one chem that I was ill for and C3), and I also had to upload details of my work experience.

....I know that UCL gives out interviews on a rolling basis and this question can be seen as quite big headed and arrogant, but I'm just really worried that something is wrong in my application! Is it my bmat? Thanks
    There's nothing wrong with your application provided your personal statement and reference, which get significant weighting, are fine -- your BMAT scores are above the UCL average for this year. Just wait for them to get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Hiya, I have a similar profile to you and was asked for an interview today. In fact, your bmat scores are higher than mine and so are your gcse's by a bit! So i'm sure you'll have a good chance at getting an interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose7812)
    Hiya, I have a similar profile to you and was asked for an interview today. In fact, your bmat scores are higher than mine and so are your gcse's by a bit! So i'm sure you'll have a good chance at getting an interview
    Did you get invited today? And what's the date of your interview?

ReputationRep:
    When imperial applicants are getting offers and yr sitting waiting like a lemon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blxckatoro)
    Did you get invited today? And what's the date of your interview?
    Yup, 27th of January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rose7812)
    Yup, 27th of January
    Congrats

ReputationRep:
    Is there a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have worse stats than you and got an interview call on the 4th of November so you are going to get one soon 100%

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, late to the game here but I'm a gap year applicant got an interview 20th Jan.

All their emails kept on going to my bloody junk email box, so I was always so late replying to them!!! But I was asked for AS modules 26th Nov, ended up only giving UCL them on the 7th Dec, lol, but they replied straight away that afternoon for interview

Stats: 11A* GCSE
    AS: 4A's can't remember average but low 90s
    A2: A*AAA, did history
    BMAT: didn't check

Profile wise, personal statement was alright. Standard work experience, some volunteering, guitar, learn chinese as a hobby, pretty focussed on my gap year

So from reading here, if you get an interview, it seems you've got a very good chance as long as you don't screw it up fully? I've read here 5 in 7?!?

(Original post by HooplaKid)
    Hi Guys, late to the game here but I'm a gap year applicant got an interview 20th Jan.

All their emails kept on going to my bloody junk email box, so I was always so late replying to them!!! But I was asked for AS modules 26th Nov, ended up only giving UCL them on the 7th Dec, lol, but they replied straight away that afternoon for interview

Stats: 11A* GCSE
    AS: 4A's can't remember average but low 90s
    A2: A*AAA, did history
    BMAT: didn't check

Profile wise, personal statement was alright. Standard work experience, some volunteering, guitar, learn chinese as a hobby, pretty focussed on my gap year

So from reading here, if you get an interview, it seems you've got a very good chance as long as you don't screw it up fully? I've read here 5 in 7?!?
    That's right -- they do 700 interviews and then make 500 offers for 322 places (to account for some people who will firm other universities or miss their offer on results day).

Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    That's right -- they do 700 interviews and then make 500 offers for 322 places (to account for some people who will firm other universities or miss their offer on results day).

Congratulations.
    Thanks dude!!!

My Track updated: UCL rejection. :/

Here's hoping I've still got a shot at Bristol.

ReputationRep:

What are your stats? I thought UCL would give rejections out later on in the cycle..

(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    What are your stats? I thought UCL would give rejections out later on in the cycle..
    A few other people on this thread have been rejected as well, I think. My stats aren't particularly impressive:

GCSE: Eight A*s, two A*s, one B, one C.
    AS: AABB.
    A2 (achieved): A*AAB plus A in Welsh Bacc Core (accepted by UCL).
    BMAT: 4.9, 4.0, 4.0A.

My personal statement was pretty **** to be honest so what can I say. Hopefully Bristol liked it a little more. Really don't want to end up at a CBL/PBL university...

I pulled an all-nighter last night so I'm probably going to go to bed now.

ReputationRep:
    A few other people on this thread have been rejected as well, I think. My stats aren't particularly impressive:

GCSE: Eight A*s, two A*s, one B, one C.
    AS: AABB.
    A2 (achieved): A*AAB plus A in Welsh Bacc Core (accepted by UCL).
    BMAT: 4.9, 4.0, 4.0A.

My personal statement was pretty **** to be honest so what can I say. Hopefully Bristol liked it a little more. Really don't want to end up at a CBL/PBL university...

I pulled an all-nighter last night so I'm probably going to go to bed now.
    They are impressive! You've done well to get your A2 grades + your BMAT is pretty good? Hmm..it must have been your PS (what else could it be?) but still odd.

Don't worry, Bristol will hopefully get back. I just had my interview at Bristol a few days ago and it went really well!

(Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    They are impressive! You've done well to get your A2 grades + your BMAT is pretty good? Hmm..it must have been your PS (what else could it be?) but still odd.

Don't worry, Bristol will hopefully get back. I just had my interview at Bristol a few days ago and it went really well!
    Thank you for your kind words. It was probably either the personal statement or the AS grades; I can't imagine my reference being anything other than the usual, 'he's a hardworking young man who always does his homework on time' praise. :dontknow:

I hope your Bristol interview gets you an offer (and hope I get an interview as well!)

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear that, you reapplied too right?

(Original post by helloravers)
    Sorry to hear that, you reapplied too right?
    I'm a gap year applicant but I didn't apply last year so this is my first UCAS application.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a gap year applicant but I didn't apply last year so this is my first UCAS application.
    oh right!! Im a gap year applicant too but haven't heard anything! Good luck with rest of application to med!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.