Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxime78)
    i also got an offer for the same MSc! see you in september then! anyone else?
    I applied yesterday (fingers crossed).

Just to know: how long did it take before they told you you were in?

I'm super nervous ahah

ReputationRep:
    Anybody heard back from anywhere besides Urbanest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antigone-)
    Not yet! I'm hoping to get Bankside because I heard people there are pretty chill (all my top 4 preferences are there lmao). What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aadawg)
    Not yet! I'm hoping to get Bankside because I heard people there are pretty chill (all my top 4 preferences are there lmao). What about you?
    Same Applied to Northumberland House and Lillian Penson too but I really would like Bankside

ReputationRep:
    Nothing yet -_-

ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting for mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aadawg)
    Same Applied to Northumberland House and Lillian Penson too but I really would like Bankside
    I'm also applying to Bankside, top 4 all at Bankside too. What are our chances of getting in if 4 of the choices are Bankside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestarter)
    I'm also applying to Bankside, top 4 all at Bankside too. What are our chances of getting in if 4 of the choices are Bankside?
    Honestly have no idea, I guess it depends on what we put our priorities down as? As in, if you applied for a single room and you put "I want a single room" as your priority, you're more likely to get a single maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Math+econ here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freefood)
    Did you go to the offer holder day on Wednesday? It was great but I might wait for the LSE day to make up my mind.

(don't know why I'm being so aspirational, my progress this year has been horrific)
    I feel you - deciding between LSE and UCL was soo hard!
    Ended up firming LSE, though

(Original post by redwhiteandbrit)
    Hiya guys congrats on the offers for those I haven't already praised btw

So a bit of a dilemma: I've received 4/5 acceptances (incl. LSE duh ) and since I have been deciding on accommodation.

I'm still waiting on a decision to be made by St Andrew's, but at the same time I don't want to miss the boat for accommodation, especially given everyone seems to be applying for bae: Passfield :drool:

Any advice? 90% sure I'm firming LSE but I still wanna wait a bit for the offer y'know? But if if compromises my accommodation imma just have to withdraw from St Andrews

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I withdrew from Edinburgh a while ago to be able to firm LSE sooner.. (too bad, telling people I got 4/5 sounded really good in my head )
    Really, I'd withdraw from St A's if you are set on going to LSE. It can only increase your chances of accommodation and another applicant might appreciate the St Andrew's offer I'm sure you'd get (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey4live)
    Possibly an unpopular notion but is anyone thinking of putting down LSE as their insurance choice?
    Me! My UCL offer is A*AA and my LSE offer is AAB so I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaviSa)
    I applied yesterday (fingers crossed).

Just to know: how long did it take before they told you you were in?

I'm super nervous ahah
    hey,

I sent my application mid-december... my last reference has been uploaded on the 5th of January and heard back from LSE mid-september

Hope to see you in september!! good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Nothing yet -_-
    Urbanest contacted me today to take my personal details and pay my deposit for Westminster bridge (ensuite room) !!

Which one are you applying to? King's cross? Westminster Bridge?

ReputationRep:
    Urbanest contacted me today to take my personal details and pay my deposit for Westminster bridge (ensuite room) !!

Which one are you applying to? King's cross? Westminster Bridge?
    I haven't done urbanest (3expensive5me), I've applied to Bankside and Lilian Penson Hall.

ReputationRep:
    I'm struggling to choose accommodation, what has everyone else gone for and why?

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for BSc Politics & Philosophy last week, any recommendations regarding accomodation? I've read Passfield's nice for undergrads, is it so?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,this is probably a really silly question but I'm just wondering do you have to have your student loan fully sorted before you apply for accommodation?

How do you know which accommodation you will be able to afford and which ones you won't, if you don't even know what your student loan income is?

Massive thanks in advance. A little confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noorzpip)
    I'm struggling to choose accommodation, what has everyone else gone for and why?
    Bankside, I believe it's the biggest hall with like 600 students and also the bar, tv lounge and computer room are spacious

ReputationRep:
    hey,

I sent my application mid-december... my last reference has been uploaded on the 5th of January and heard back from LSE mid-september

Hope to see you in september!! good luck
    You mean mid-february right??

Thank you! Really hope to see you in september!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaviSa)
    You mean mid-february right??

Thank you! Really hope to see you in september!
    oupss sorry... yep mid February

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 4, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.