Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i email to but nothing back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    Anyone else had any luck with the khub???
    Nothing yet.

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to everyone who got through! I did as well, and just wondering if anyone knows how much the London weighting is? It'll probably affect my decision as to whether to apply to a London borough or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TiedUpInNotts)
    Congrats to everyone who got through! I did as well, and just wondering if anyone knows how much the London weighting is? It'll probably affect my decision as to whether to apply to a London borough or not
    It's about 3000 if I remember correctly. I think it takes the salary to about 26500

ReputationRep:
    Hey, speculating here but I think it's about 3-4k. Any monetary gain from London weighting would be more than wiped out by increased living costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeling16)
    Nothing yet.
    Hi Everyone,

A tip on the Khub - I joined the cohort17 group and have spoken to a couple of members that work in councils I am thinking of applying to.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nic_JM)
    Hi Everyone,

A tip on the Khub - I joined the cohort17 group and have spoken to a couple of members that work in councils I am thinking of applying to.

Hope this helps!
    You joined cohort17 on khub without a reply from the LGA? Do you just register and search for 'cohort17'?

ReputationRep:
    Also I have some more info, anybody wanting to apply to Chester and Cheshire West and Warrington, they are going to be at the information days, well at least the Wolverhampton one anyway - they must have been left off the list.

Also the person I spoke to said it is worth speaking to graduates from any council as all of them will have been through three different council interviews, so you can get a good idea of different placements and different things you may have to do when working for the councils.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tlex)
    Hey, speculating here but I think it's about 3-4k. Any monetary gain from London weighting would be more than wiped out by increased living costs.
    Oh, I'm absolutely sure it would be, yes. All I was trying to get an idea of is whether it would more or less balance out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Donosocortés)
    It's about 3000 if I remember correctly. I think it takes the salary to about 26500
    Hmm that is a little less than what I know I'm capable of getting elsewhere (been interviewed and shortlisted for jobs with higher salaries). I knew Ngdp isn't much but thought it was nearer £27k in London.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Is anyone planning on going to the Wolverhampton Information Day?
    If so I was wondering how long you're planning on staying around for? I know on the email it said it will last around 2.5 hours, does that mean we will be needed all that time, or could it take less? I'm trying to book train tickets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippst)
    Hi!
    Is anyone planning on going to the Wolverhampton Information Day?
    If so I was wondering how long you're planning on staying around for? I know on the email it said it will last around 2.5 hours, does that mean we will be needed all that time, or could it take less? I'm trying to book train tickets!
    I'm certain that I read you are not expected to stay the whole time, I think there are also fewer councils at Wolves than London, so should take even less time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joeling16)
    You joined cohort17 on khub without a reply from the LGA? Do you just register and search for 'cohort17'?
    Hi,

I did join but then was told I had to be removed due to it being just for Cohort 17. I haven't been accepted to the other one either. No response. So don't try joining the Cohort 17 one! However, he did say we can directly message people working for councils we are thinking of applying to, that's the reason I joined it really, to try and work out which ones to message.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I'm absolutely sure it would be, yes. All I was trying to get an idea of is whether it would more or less balance out
    it depends on inner or outer london. I think its an extra 2.5k for outer and an extra 2k or something on top of that for inner - i'm not entirely sure about the specific extras but i'm pretty sure its diff for inner and outer and that the first increment for outer is 2.5 ish.

ReputationRep:
    Bolton are going to be at Wolverhampton too. There seems to be quite a few they have missed off the list!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nic_JM)
    Bolton are going to be at Wolverhampton too. There seems to be quite a few they have missed off the list!
    How did you find this out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 140895)
    How did you find this out?
    I contacted some of the people who work for the councils on the khub site. If you search the councils you want to apply to, you can send them a direct message on there. I messaged the people currently working at the councils I want to apply for, and they were all very friendly and helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone managed to get onto the Khub yet? I haven't been given access and have emailed the contact given on the email but no reply.
    Are you supposed to join the group yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frances234)
    Has anyone managed to get onto the Khub yet? I haven't been given access and have emailed the contact given on the email but no reply.
    Are you supposed to join the group yourself?
    I emailed Emilia last week and didn't get anywhere so then I just tried to register myself and it worked. I can see blog posts and connect with people at councils I'm interested in. However, I haven't yet been granted access within the KHub to our cohort yet. It's rather frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    could you tell use how you did it your self? could you post the link you used pleas.

Thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.