Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you want to do for a career

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    What do you want to do for a career
    Orthopaedic surgeon

ReputationRep:
    Jaffa cakes? Cool. Ever had homemade ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasan_Ahmed)
    Jaffa cakes? Cool. Ever had homemade ones?
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    no
    Do you bake and stuff? Because this is worth trying, trust me.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ho...ffacakes_91480

ReputationRep:
    Do you bake and stuff? Because this is worth trying, trust me.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/ho...ffacakes_91480
    Only on mother's day. I'm not all that good in the kitchen - I know about 5 recipes

ReputationRep:
    Only on mother's day. I'm not all that good in the kitchen - I know about 5 recipes
    Ehh, putting a number on them has me curious. What recipes are they? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Ehh, putting a number on them has me curious. What recipes are they? Lol.
    thai green curry, gingerbread, some sort of cake, grape leaf dolmates and a type of soup called ayran ush

Wait I can also make mushroom risotto and lasangne

ReputationRep:
    Does ayran ush have anything to do with yoghurt? I remember there's a type of turk yoghurt drink called yoghurt, so.

ReputationRep:
    Does ayran ush have anything to do with yoghurt? I remember there's a type of turk yoghurt drink called yoghurt, so.
    Ayran is the best drink in the world ugh

And yeah, the base is ayran, it has spinach, dill, coriander, rice and flour and that's it, you stir until it boils and you leave it. Looks weird, tastes good. I think Iranians call it something like ush-e-dogh
    Name:  ayran ush.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  63.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Ayran is the best drink in the world ugh

And yeah, the base is ayran, it has spinach, dill, coriander, rice and flour and that's it, you stir until it boils and you leave it. Looks weird, tastes good. I think Iranians call it something like ush-e-dogh
    Name:  ayran ush.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  63.7 KB
    Ohhh, I've heard of that. The iranians at our mosque make it sometimes when one of them on the volunteer list gets their turn to cook lol. I thought it was called Dovğа in Azeri though. I guess that's something else, haha. And yeah, I'm from sylhet, most of our food looks weird and tastes good, so I'm not put off.

Also, are dolmates the same thing as dolmeh?

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, I've heard of that. The iranians at our mosque make it sometimes when one of them on the volunteer list gets their turn to cook lol. I thought it was called Dovğа in Azeri though. I guess that's something else, haha. And yeah, I'm from sylhet, most of our food looks weird and tastes good, so I'm not put off.

Also, are dolmates the same thing as dolmeh?
    I guess it depends on which province you're from, my dad's side are from Nakhchivan which borders Iran, so they have their own dialect of Azeri and have some different words. And yes, dolamates is the greek name for dolma, but most people know it as dolmates so I just called it that

ReputationRep:
    I guess it depends on which province you're from, my dad's side are from Nakhchivan which borders Iran, so they have their own dialect of Azeri and have some different words. And yes, dolamates is the greek name for dolma, but most people know it as dolmates so I just called it that
    Ohhh, lol. I didn't even realise it was a thing in Greece. I think I know a guy from Nakhchivan, is it also spelled nakshawan sometimes? His surname is nakshawani.

ReputationRep:
    Ohhh, lol. I didn't even realise it was a thing in Greece. I think I know a guy from Nakhchivan, is it also spelled nakshawan sometimes? His surname is nakshawani.
    I think Nakshwani is an Iraqi surname, Nakhchivan is sometimes spelled with a "e" instead of an i, but never I've heard it be called Nakshawan

ReputationRep:
    I think Nakshwani is an Iraqi surname, Nakhchivan is sometimes spelled with a "e" instead of an i, but never I've heard it be called Nakshawan
    According to my man Ali, Iraqis are not an ethnic group, but a regional arab cultural group, and they're from all over the place. Some are sumerian-babylonian, some arab, some persian, some turkmen, and his family is originally azeri but probably mixed by now.

ReputationRep:
    According to my man Ali, Iraqis are not an ethnic group, but a regional arab cultural group, and they're from all over the place. Some are sumerian-babylonian, some arab, some persian, some turkmen, and his family is originally azeri but probably mixed by now.
    Oh cool didn't know that, I just assumed bc I knew an Iraqi person with that surname aha

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool didn't know that, I just assumed bc I knew an Iraqi person with that surname aha
    Ahh, right.that's cool. That iraqi person's probably got azeri heritage too, lol. Did you manage to finish that essay on the Aenead yet?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, right.that's cool. That iraqi person's probably got azeri heritage too, lol. Did you manage to finish that essay on the Aenead yet?
    Yeah I wrote three of them today aha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wrote three of them today aha
    Gawd. What were the others on?

ReputationRep:
    Gawd. What were the others on?
    They were all about the Aeneid I went slightly mad after the third one

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.