Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by James Milibanter)
    How much time has been put into tory policy so far this term?
    Not a clue, but do we have 23 MPs and a shed load of other people, or have we been saying all term that we are super active with loads of people who are seemingly incapable of stringing together several words in public, or have we been saying all term about how we are nearly done on lots of stuff?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Not a clue, but do we have 23 MPs and a shed load of other people, or have we been saying all term that we are super active with loads of people who are seemingly incapable of stringing together several words in public, or have we been saying all term about how we are nearly done on lots of stuff?
    Nope, but even then, you've produced one bill all term, even when we look at it relatively, you're half the size of the government near enough, yet you haven't exactly had half the output.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't I throw back at you what we always get thrown "we are incredibly active in the subforum, so active that we almost break the site, and there is so much being worked on that you will see it all soon [never]"
    Perhaps I should add the two words that come immediately before the Bible passage I quoted: Thou hypocrite!

ReputationRep:
    You've been criticising the government all term for not being active enough and once a Tory whose name has momentarily escaped me even hinted at a VoNC for poor activity.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Perhaps I should add the two words that come immediately before the Bible passage I quoted: Thou hypocrite!
    You've been criticising the government all term for not being active enough and once a Tory whose name has momentarily escaped me even hinted at a VoNC for poor activity.
    Once again, which promised a SoI from every government department? Well, definitely not us since that isn't actually possible. Which has spent all term boasting massive activity that is not visible to the outside world, beyond perhaps an Aye or a Nay every now and then? Which has spent all term saying about how stuff is about to be seen, but we then do not see it? Who is now rejecting their own line?

(Original post by James Milibanter)
    Nope, but even then, you've produced one bill all term, even when we look at it relatively, you're half the size of the government near enough, yet you haven't exactly had half the output.
    I'm seeing at least two with a number of items in the pipeline. Although we seem to have recently come across a tendency of members being addicted to PMBs.

ReputationRep:
    Once again, which promised a SoI from every government department? Well, definitely not us since that isn't actually possible. Which has spent all term boasting massive activity that is not visible to the outside world, beyond perhaps an Aye or a Nay every now and then? Which has spent all term saying about how stuff is about to be seen, but we then do not see it? Who is now rejecting their own line?

I'm seeing at least two with a number of items in the pipeline. Although we seem to have recently come across a tendency of members being addicted to PMBs.
    And which has just had a thread created for each department to write its SOI?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And which has just had a thread created for each department to write its SOI?
    It's taken you two months to do something I cannot even verify and does not necessarily mean anything will actually be produced. I wonder how many threads UKIP have that are discussing a bill creation that came to nothing, I wager quite a few.

ReputationRep:
    It's taken you two months to do something I cannot even verify and does not necessarily mean anything will actually be produced. I wonder how many threads UKIP have that are discussing a bill creation that came to nothing, I wager quite a few.
    *post deleted*
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Given that we have already done SOIs this term and Fez listed them as one of his priorities in our leadership election, I hardly see any reason why they won't happen.

If you want some proof I'll probably be carded for sharing a screenshot of a private sub but oh well:
    James is writing the budget this term?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    James is writing the budget this term?
    Not really, he just started the discussion back at the start of term for some reason.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    *post deleted*
    You're lucky I'm not running this government anymore because we'd have had a problem lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    *post deleted*
    That screenshot shows there has been no discussion on bills over the last two days, the same faces who post in public are the ones posting in the government's private forum, and there have been threads created by people for government departments to generate discussion, but there have been no replies to those threads which are two days old; the ministers for those departments need replacing.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    That screenshot shows there has been no discussion on bills over the last two days, the same faces who post in public are the ones posting in the government's private forum, and there have been threads created by people for government departments with the aim of generating discussion, but there have been no replies to those thread which are two days old; the ministers for those departments need replacing.
    It's Christmas for God's sake!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    It's Christmas for God's sake!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People were working today, we are discussing the government's activity over Christmas, and the government ministers can discuss their responsibilities over the last two days.

ReputationRep:
    That screenshot shows there has been no discussion on bills over the last two days, the same faces who post in public are the ones posting in the government's private forum, and there have been threads created by people for government departments to generate discussion, but there have been no replies to those thread which are two days old; the ministers for those departments need replacing.
    It's Christmastime - of course there are no bills being discussed or replies to two-day-old threads. Practically no-one in the government has been online. You may be an activity freak, but other people have lives and families to attend to at this time of year off TSR.
    And the people who last posted/post the threads are not every single person who posts in the government forum.

ReputationRep:
    It's Christmastime - of course there are no bills being discussed or replies to two-day-old threads. Practically no-one in the government has been online. You may be an activity freak, but other people have lives and families to attend to at this time of year off TSR.
    And the people who last posted/post the threads are not every single person who posts in the government forum.
    It has taken this long for a government member to admit that there has been very little activity in the government's private forum recently, the number of replies to the threads in the screenshot show the government are more interested in having a general chat than discussing a budget. I suspect the number of replies for threads is a clue to a much winder activity problem extending outside of the Christmas period which explains the lack of hard-hitting government content.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    People were working today, we are discussing the government's activity over Christmas, and the government ministers can discuss their responsibilities over the last two days.
    At the same time, if Government ministers, who on the Labour side only found out their portfolios last night, want some time off over the Christmas recess, that is also fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It has taken this long for a government member to admit that there has been very little activity in the government's private forum recently, the number of replies to the threads in the screenshot show the government are more interested in having a general chat than discussing a budget. I suspect the number of replies for threads is a clue to a much winder activity problem extending outside of the Christmas period which explains the lack of hard-hitting government content.
    I think you've misconstrued what I said. People *have* been active - just not on bloody Christmas Day. And a chat thread is always going to have the most replies because it covers all topics rather than a specific narrow set like a departmental discussion thread does. As a matter of fact I have a PMB going up when Birch comes back which was heavily debated and rejected in the government thread on the 23rd and 24th.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As a matter of fact I have a PMB going up when Birch comes back which was heavily debated and rejected in the government thread on the 23rd and 24th.
    As a vocal critic of said bill I can vouch for that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    At the same time, if Government ministers, who on the Labour side only found out their portfolios last night, want some time off over the Christmas recess, that is also fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which is kinda irrelevant given that we are talking about things happening now that ought to have happened not long after gaining access to the subforum. given what I have just read I'm slightly annoyed I didn't see the pictures.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.