Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    I'm about to show my my embarrassing lack of technical knowledge, but how can I tell? The email started 'Dear [First Name]', rather than 'Dear Applicant', but I don't know if that is decisive in showing that it is not a mass email.
    Usually, if it's addressed to you, then it's individual.

There are of course methods of doing this automatically, but I am yet to see a set which utilises them (eg. Sage, Mailchimp, SalesForce, etc.). Mostly, they tend to just BCC mass emails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Usually, if it's addressed to you, then it's individual.

There are of course methods of doing this automatically, but I am yet to see a set which utilises them (eg. Sage, Mailchimp, SalesForce, etc.).
    I have to say I thought the definition of a mail merge was where the computer thing sticks names in a standard letter for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    I have to say I thought the definition of a mail merge was where the computer thing sticks names in a standard letter for you.
    Depends which definition you're going by

Sorry if I sound nitpicky, I don't mean to - I used to do lots of freelance email marketing (and template design/coding), so I know my way round most of the major platforms, and can therefore usually tell if an email's been sent directly or through one of them. Plus, most sets don't have the type of custom in-house systems that make it much more difficult to tell.

But I digress...

ReputationRep:
    Depends which definition you're going by

Sorry if I sound nitpicky, I don't mean to - I used to do lots of freelance email marketing (and template design/coding), so I know my way round most of the major platforms, and can therefore usually tell if an email's been sent directly or through one of them. Plus, most sets don't have the type of custom in-house systems that make it much more difficult to tell.

But I digress...
    Sounds interesting. How does one get into that? I'm always curious with freelance internet things. It's always hard to tell if something's legit.

I guess we go back to waiting then.

ReputationRep:
    Well, anyway, mail merged or not, it was addressed to me by name.

For what it's worth, interviews are on Thursday (as their website stated, I think), and I have to call tomorrow to book a slot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    Well, anyway, mail merged or not, it was addressed to me by name.

For what it's worth, interviews are on Thursday (as their website stated, I think), and I have to call tomorrow to book a slot.
    Wow, that's really short notice. I think if the rest of us don't receive anything tonight, it'll be a write-off.

Sounds interesting. How does one get into that? I'm always curious with freelance internet things. It's always hard to tell if something's legit.

I guess we go back to waiting then.
    I'll PM you, so we don't hijack the thread

ReputationRep:
    So that's a rejection by silence then.

Huh.

ReputationRep:
    So that's a rejection by silence then.

Huh.
    Agreed re the rejection, though it's possible they'll be sending the rejection emails tomorrow/the day after and were just in a rush to get the interview invites out today.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed re the rejection, though it's possible they'll be sending the rejection emails tomorrow/the day after and were just in a rush to get the interview invites out today.
    Sigh, next time. I was quite hopeful for that one. Thought I made a pretty good job of the big question, although they did reject me for the mini, so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Sigh, next time. I was quite hopeful for that one. Thought I made a pretty good job of the big question, although they did reject me for the mini, so :dontknow:
    Same here, for both.

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for me too I guess. Hoping to get at least one interview in this window to kind of "warm up" for the summer ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radebe91)
    Rejection for me too I guess. Hoping to get at least one interview in this window to kind of "warm up" for the summer ones.
    Same here, though the way it's going so far, it's not looking good

ReputationRep:
    Just phoned Quadrant - invitations being sent out in the next hour or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomfish)
    Just phoned Quadrant - invitations being sent out in the next hour or so
    I just got a rejection...

ReputationRep:
    Offers are out for Quadrant

Edit: Was a Mass BCCed e-mail for anyone wondering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr_sleuth)
    Offers are out for Quadrant

Edit: Was a Mass BCCed e-mail for anyone wondering.
    I saw the 'Dear All' beginning and was certain it was a rejection....

Such a relief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspiring Barista)
    I saw the 'Dear All' beginning and was certain it was a rejection....

Such a relief.

Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Congrats, Quadrant people

ReputationRep:
    Ten Old Square rejection! These responses and coming through thick and fast today.

ReputationRep:
    Ten Old Square rejection

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.