Hey I've got an interview for maths at imperial
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Interview tips from Cambridge and Oxford ATs

Article in today's Telegraph

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...e-experts.html

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I applied for PBS at Murray Edwards, but I still haven't got a reply; neither invitation or rejection. Is this normal? Shouldn't I have got something by now?

I'm from the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debbieroo7994)
    Does anyone know if Cambridge is obligated to interview anyone who applied with extenuating circumstances because I think that that is the only reason why they've invited me for interview ???
    I was worried about that but they say the interview everyone who has a realistic chance of getting a place so I'm sure they aren't just pity interviewing us!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Iarina)
    Hello, I applied for PBS at Murray Edwards, but I still haven't got a reply; neither invitation or rejection. Is this normal? Shouldn't I have got something by now?

I'm from the EU.
    I think you should have heard by now. First check your spam/junk email folders. Then call the college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Do you guys think that colleges might already have an idea as to which applicants they might want to give offers to? Also, do you think the order/date that you're interviewed has any sort of significance? I think I'm one of the first if not THE first one and I don't think that that's good

WOW I am coming off as being someone who is super pessimistic and not confident and that is SOOOO not me! :P My bad!
    nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radk)
    Hey I've got an interview for maths at imperial
    Really, why? I thought they didn't tend to interview for maths

ReputationRep:
    Do you guys think that colleges might already have an idea as to which applicants they might want to give offers to? Also, do you think the order/date that you're interviewed has any sort of significance? I think I'm one of the first if not THE first one and I don't think that that's good

WOW I am coming off as being someone who is super pessimistic and not confident and that is SOOOO not me! :P My bad!
    I think they definitely have an idea of which applicants they want to give offers to - the ones with the highest grades.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by h3110)
    I think they definitely have an idea of which applicants they want to give offers to - the ones with the highest grades.
    Nope, they regularly reject some with high UMS. It's the total application that is important. The interview adds valuable information to that assessment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Nope, they regularly reject some with high UMS. It's the total application that is important. The interview adds valuable information to that assessment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sighs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prescott)
    So I applied for Engineering at Trinity Hall and got sent an email saying they weren't calling me for an interview. I spoke to my careers teacher and he told me that track would take up to 10 days to update. But it's been over 2 weeks since I received this email and my UCAS track hasn't updated yet.
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    I guess Cambridge themselves probably haven't told UCAS the result yet, only telling you and not telling UCAS until a later date, so track won't update until it knows it has something to update to.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Lol. Of course having high UMS is a good thing... You'll be fine. 100% sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just mean that someone with very high UMS and an average interview would have a better chance of getting an offer than someone with average UMS and an average interview. If you look at the statistics, people with 95-100 UMS average have a much higher chance of an offer than those with lower.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by h3110)
    I just mean that someone with very high UMS and an average interview would have a better chance of getting an offer than someone with average UMS and an average interview. If you look at the statistics, people with 95-100 UMS average have a much higher chance of an offer than those with lower.
    Yes that's certainly true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johann von Gauss)
    Really, why? I thought they didn't tend to interview for maths
    Lol my bad idk why I said that, I meant Emmanuel, not imperial
    my bad
    what are you applying for and which college?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an interview invite for Psychological & Behavioural Scienes at Queens' ?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if in the interviews for Medicine if they ask any purely Chemistry or Maths questions or is it just Biology and Medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for maths in 4 days any last minute tips I should know? Good luck to anyone else with an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Guys I feel like I don't know enough about my subject (Land Economy) and I will get rekt in my interview I know that it has elements of Economics, Law, and Geography, but that's basically the extent of my knowledge. I saw on the Cambridge prospectus that they look for students who have long-term interests in the subject they have applied for, but I have only been interested in Land Economy for a few months. Anyone has any advice for me? Is it worth even going to the interviews?

ReputationRep:
    Who else is being interviewed at Emmanuel College?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.