Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomiskelly)
    What did everyone put for the tonality of "fire" in Grace? I put major but I might be wrong, I just sung the interval in my head and it sounded like a major key
    Wasn't the question about harmony, not tonality?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pprish.chandaria)
    Wasn't the question about harmony, not tonality?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was and it was chromatic

ReputationRep:
    I wrote that too. Just hope it's right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vigster)
    Attachment 547749

This is from last year, and I am very confused. According to this, if u get full marks in performing and composing (60/60 each), you get 180 UMS. To get A* overall, you need a 'cash in' of 270 UMS, so you technically only need 90UMS, which was last year a mid B. But our teachers told us, that if you get A* in both of ur compositions and performances, you need to get a high A to get A* overall.

Help me if I'm wrong.
    my teachers told me that as well but I think they're just saying that to push us. I just want an A though, not an A* but thanks anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me to convert 177 marks (57 for composing, 60 for performing and listening) into ums marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eleanorking)
    Can someone help me to convert 177 marks (57 for composing, 60 for performing and listening) into ums marks
    You have 90 for performance, and 57 for composition so 147 in total for coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If I got about 43/60 for both composition and performance, what did I need to get in the exam to get a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iona.skinner)
    If I got about 43/60 for both composition and performance, what did I need to get in the exam to get a B?
    I'll have a look for you shortly and let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you know your results already aren't we suppose to get them in August?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    I'll have a look for you shortly and let you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ministralia)
    How do you know your results already aren't we suppose to get them in August?
    I know my composition and performing simply because the exam board hasn't asked my school for the entire collection (meaning that they have not changed the marks) and the exam is just a guess just trying to work out what I might get

ReputationRep:
    I know my composition and performing simply because the exam board hasn't asked my school for the entire collection (meaning that they have not changed the marks) and the exam is just a guess just trying to work out what I might get
    Really? My school says they're not allowed to tell us anything whatever happens with moderation.

ReputationRep:
    43/60 + 43/60 gives you 86/120, which can be simplified to 43/60, so out of the 60% you've covered so far, you have got 43%. To get a B, you need 70% overall, so out of the remaining 40%, you need 27. This means you need 27/40 in your final exam, which is equivalent to 54 out of 80 marks in your final exam for a B overall and you would need 37/40 in your final exam for an A, which is equivalent to 74 out of 80 Marks. So an A grade will be tricky to get, but a B grade is certainly possible. (For everyone else reading this, that is how you work it out. Of course UMS could change the marks one or two each way if the test is too easy or too hard, but this "shall be revealed" on results day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE DEMOLISHER)
    43/60 + 43/60 gives you 86/120, which can be simplified to 43/60, so out of the 60% you've covered so far, you have got 43%. To get a B, you need 70% overall, so out of the remaining 40%, you need 27. This means you need 27/40 in your final exam, which is equivalent to 54 out of 80 marks in your final exam for a B overall and you would need 37/40 in your final exam for an A, which is equivalent to 74 out of 80 Marks. So an A grade will be tricky to get, but a B grade is certainly possible. (For everyone else reading this, that is how you work it out. Of course UMS could change the marks one or two each way if the test is too easy or too hard, but this "shall be revealed" on results day)
    thank you so much! I'm not sure I managed to get a B then, but I guess I will just have to wait till August!

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much! I'm not sure I managed to get a B then, but I guess I will just have to wait till August!
    You always do better than you think, don't worry, I'm sure you will get at least 54/80 which is a B overall

ReputationRep:
    what about for me? I got 54/60 compositions and 60/60 performance, quite worried I wont get an A*
    (Original post by Kxjzh)
    You actually only need 58!! I've just used the edexcel mark converter to get your UMS marks, and then used the grade boundaries and you would need 94ums marks which is 58 raw marks! I hope you've got it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigblackshaq)
    what about for me? I got 54/60 compositions and 60/60 performance, quite worried I wont get an A*
    I believe you need 65 marks to get the A*! I think so anyway!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xorosexo)
    anyone do igcse cie music?
    There is no IGCSE music

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.