Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Jeena_hunt5476)
    No I can't unfortunately. It was my last chance to get it up haha. Now I just have to wait and see if the other teachers believe it is worthy of an A*. Yh you're right haha the exams can pull it up. I was able to get 40/40 for both my listening and reading for my french mocks seriously though well done on the 30/30! French oral is more difficult than people say it is so congratulations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh that's unfortunate but at least you do well in the exams, I'm the same (not quite full marks but 35/40 and 42/45 in my mocks) oh and mine was German not French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Oh that's unfortunate but at least you do well in the exams, I'm the same (not quite full marks but 35/40 and 42/45 in my mocks) oh and mine was German not French
    Still really good grades! You're literally guaranteed an A* grade for german haha! Im sure you'll do really well in your other subjects as well. What are you taking if you don't mind me asking and what are your goals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Aww haha thank you I hope so too but at least it's an A right? I just have to work extra hard in the exams!

Thank you good luck to you as well! U'll do really well im sure Let me know if you need anything as well we can help each other out XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes an A is still really good but I bet you prefer the A* so good luck with your exams and thank you - I will definitely ask you for help if I need it

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to you! I wish I had your drive when I was doing GCSEs, I decided to coast through without doing any work and dropped some potential A* grades because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Yes an A is still really good but I bet you prefer the A* so good luck with your exams and thank you - I will definitely ask you for help if I need it
    Welcome. Good luck to you as well and I can't wait to see how well you and everyone on this thread does in 6 months time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! This is amazing and most of my targets are A*/As too but I am nowhere near as your grades and I want to improve! Can you tell me the exam boards you do and PM me? Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Still really good grades! You're literally guaranteed an A* grade for german haha! Im sure you'll do really well in your other subjects as well. What are you taking if you don't mind me asking and what are your goals?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'm kind of expecting one
    I'm taking: Maths (goal A*)
    English language (goal A)
    English literature (goal A)
    Biology (goal A*)
    Chemistry (goal A*)
    Physics (goal A*)
    Geography (goal A*)
    German (goal A*)
    GCSE PE (goal B lmao)
    Religious Studies (goal A*)
    Further Maths (goal A* or A^ if I'm lucky )

BUT - this isn't my thread so I'll post the link to mine below so as to not annoy the OP

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3897617
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    UPDATE FOR DAY 12
    Today I have:
    • Printed Biology past papers
    • Printed Physics past papers
    • Printed Chemistry past papers
    • Tidied my room

(All I have to do now is complete the past papers )

ReputationRep:
    how would I structure a compare/contrast English literature essay (on poems)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Asiimov)
    Good luck to you! I wish I had your drive when I was doing GCSEs, I decided to coast through without doing any work and dropped some potential A* grades because of it.
    Thank you! That is the one thing I want to avoid - opening the envelope and finding out I could have done more. What subjects did you do and what grades did you get, if you don't mind me asking?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by urC9)
    Hey! This is amazing and most of my targets are A*/As too but I am nowhere near as your grades and I want to improve! Can you tell me the exam boards you do and PM me? Thank you!
    Hi - nice to hear another person with high aims - I'll PM you now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    how would I structure a compare/contrast English literature essay (on poems)
    There are two ways so I suggest you practice both.

The first one is to write about the poems individually saying what they are about (Spending about a third of the time doing this) and then doing similarities and differences for the rest of the time.

Or, you could just work through each poem and when you find something that is similar to another poem, or completely different to a line in a poem, write about it and compare them all the way through. If you do it this way, though, make sure you work through a poem in order (logically).

It doesn't matter which way you find best - the most important thing to include though, are the similarities and differences because that is what the question wants

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    There are two ways so I suggest you practice both.

The first one is to write about the poems individually saying what they are about (Spending about a third of the time doing this) and then doing similarities and differences for the rest of the time.

Or, you could just work through each poem and when you find something that is similar to another poem, or completely different to a line in a poem, write about it and compare them all the way through. If you do it this way, though, make sure you work through a poem in order (logically).

It doesn't matter which way you find best - the most important thing to include though, are the similarities and differences because that is what the question wants

Hope this helps
    have you got an example?

ReputationRep:
    All A*s is the goal...but it's looking less likely
    I guess I'll be happy with 8 though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Wordsaredeadly)
    All A*s is the goal...but it's looking less likely
    I guess I'll be happy with 8 though
    Why is it looking less likely - is there anything I can help with?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    have you got an example?
    Unfortunately all my work has to be kept at school for them but I do have a plan I made for the essay, so it should give you an idea of what I included in each paragraph. It's not very good quality image but if you need anything explaining let me know

Name:  poetry comparison plan.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  324.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately all my work has to be kept at school for them but I do have a plan I made for the essay, so it should give you an idea of what I included in each paragraph. It's not very good quality image but if you need anything explaining let me know

Name:  poetry comparison plan.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  324.5 KB
    thank you very much

i have to a compare/contrast essay of two poems for a piece of coursework.

I have two more questions to ask.

1) How long did it take you to write that extremely detailed plan? (Your plan is really helpful by the way!)

2) How long did it take to write the actual essay to the best of your ability?

Am asking those questions so that I can plan my time

Thank you again

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 10 at the moment, but my goal is straight A stars also
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    thank you very much

i have to a compare/contrast essay of two poems for a piece of coursework.

I have two more questions to ask.

1) How long did it take you to write that extremely detailed plan? (Your plan is really helpful by the way!)

2) How long did it take to write the actual essay to the best of your ability?

Am asking those questions so that I can plan my time

Thank you again
    You're welcome!

We had to compare/contrast about 4 or 5 poems so my plan is probably more detailed than you need but anyway.

1) The plan probably took me about 2 hours (after all the work and notes in class) and because it was on the computer it was much easier to add detail.

2) To write the actual essay we had to do it in class and were only given I think 2 hours (although it was about a year ago so I'm not too sure).

If you need anything else let me know
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I am in year 10 at the moment, but my goal is straight A stars also
    It's great to hear that! You'll have to work hard but you seem very committed already! I wish you the best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.