Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester University A100 (2017 entry) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    Tell me about bio I hate making revision notes for it as they take so long, the closest thing I've found is the CGP books for bio

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you type or write your notes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    do you type or write your notes
    I write them out as I don't learn from typed notes I know that sounds weird 😂 the effort from writing helps me remember it somehow

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I write them out as I don't learn from typed notes I know that sounds weird 😂 the effort from writing helps me remember it somehow

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dw i understand, my friends the same! she will write them out then keep on repeating them out loud, very annoying when you try and revise with her haha

ReputationRep:
    Yay👼🏼
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1477991747.689131.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  89.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey you lot,

Now the UCAS form and Non Academic Info form has been submitted for you all, good luck!

It's all a waiting game now! Be patient and stay positive

I got my interview invite at the start of December so relax! Or don't if you're still doing a-levels - work hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAhm)
    Hey you lot,

Now the UCAS form and Non Academic Info form has been submitted for you all, good luck!

It's all a waiting game now! Be patient and stay positive

I got my interview invite at the start of December so relax! Or don't if you're still doing a-levels - work hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aw thank you that's really lovely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think the cut off might be this year? 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think the cut off might be this year? 😉

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On open day they said different cut off's for different applicant cohorts depending on achieved A levels, predicted, international, graduate ect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahCroydon)
    On open day they said different cut off's for different applicant cohorts depending on achieved A levels, predicted, international, graduate ect
    I was under the impression it was normal then WP+ flag cut offs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'WP + flag cut offs' ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    'WP + flag cut offs' ???
    So there's the normal cut off for 'normal' applicants, if you're WP flag you're part of the normal cut off like me, if you're WP+ flag then you get a lower cut off. It stands for widening participation and on their website it has some more details about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Them too however the non WP flag cut off is also in cohort bands
    They said their scoring is quite complex based on competing with applicants with simular backgrounds

ReputationRep:
    Them too however the non WP flag cut off is also in cohort bands
    They said their scoring is quite complex based on competing with applicants with simular backgrounds
    I went to their open day and they didn't say any of that there but I'll take anything I can get 😉 I just want Manchester to invite me so bad 😂 I'll be devastated if I just miss the cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went to their open day and they didn't say any of that there but I'll take anything I can get 😉 I just want Manchester to invite me so bad 😂 I'll be devastated if I just miss the cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will miss out before you as your score is better than mine

ReputationRep:
    I will miss out before you as your score is better than mine
    My score is one big hoax tbf😂 it's my QR score that drags me up😂 last year was 665 so I'm just worried 😬 I loved Manchester too much to just not risk it though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So there's the normal cut off for 'normal' applicants, if you're WP flag you're part of the normal cut off like me, if you're WP+ flag then you get a lower cut off. It stands for widening participation and on their website it has some more details about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh I didn't know about that. I'm a WP flag too 😂 Surprised my old school doesn't get me a + flag tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DocPK)
    Ahh I didn't know about that. I'm a WP flag too 😂 Surprised my old school doesn't get me a + flag tbh
    Same here my old school gets low GCSEs but for some reason it's somehow scraping by for Manchester to not give me WP+ flag 😂 ffs😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My score is one big hoax tbf😂 it's my QR score that drags me up😂 last year was 665 so I'm just worried 😬 I loved Manchester too much to just not risk it though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do you have WP flags?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have WP flags?
    WP not WP+

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here my old school gets low GCSEs but for some reason it's somehow scraping by for Manchester to not give me WP+ flag 😂 ffs😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes ikr, so annoying! hopefully our UKCAT and form will be enough. I really hope I get in

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2017
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.