Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ram235)
    Has the Generation gap theme ever come up for An Inspector calls?
    Nope. It might be Youth vs Age or social class

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ella_08)
    Nope. It might be Youth vs Age or social class
    What does Youth vs Age mean? I think it will definitely be that tbh, or it could be the theme of time.

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you think that Inspector Goole could come up since he came up in 2012's January paper? I'm predicting either him, Sheila, Gerald or Mrs B!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    What does Youth vs Age mean? I think it will definitely be that tbh, or it could be the theme of time.
    It's just the phrase we were taught: younger generation compared to older generation. Yeah that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thomas-cowley)
    Do any of you think that Inspector Goole could come up since he came up in 2012's January paper? I'm predicting either him, Sheila, Gerald or Mrs B!
    Yup, I'm predicting him. Definitely revise them all.

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I'm predicting him. Definitely revise them all.
    Thanks, and yes, I will. Any ideas about Edna coming up?

ReputationRep:
    Edna couldn't possibly come up, there's no quotes for her. She doesn't even say anything lol. So my advice to you is, if, for some obscure reason she does come up - pick the other question

ReputationRep:
    Edna couldn't possibly come up, there's no quotes for her. She doesn't even say anything lol. So my advice to you is, if, for some obscure reason she does come up - pick the other question
    Imagine if she does come up. I would literally die! My teacher said we can burn down his house if she comes up hahaha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's just the phrase we were taught: younger generation compaed to older generation. Yeah that too
    If the question is on responsibility, what would need to be included.
    I think I would talk about Young vs Old.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please tell me how to structure the answers? Do you have to do intro, 3 PEE paragraphs and a conclusion for both questions a and b separately for OMAM and the same for the inspector calls question? Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 99Qwerty99)
    Can someone please tell me how to structure the answers? Do you have to do intro, 3 PEE paragraphs and a conclusion for both questions a and b separately for OMAM and the same for the inspector calls question? Thanks in advance!
    i'll tell your the way we have been taught!

part (a) OMAM: (20 mins)

1. a very brief introduction linking to what the questions is asking, don't need social context really for this part.

2. one point you have picked out from the extract with PEE, and pick out a key word to analyse.

3. another point you have picked out from the extact, same as before.

4. a final point from the extract, same as before!

5. brief conclusion, referring back to the question.

part (b) OMAM: (25 mins)

very similar to part (a) however the all of the paragraphs need to link to SOCIAL CONTEXT and STEINBECK'S INTENTION. and also, if you have time you should use a few supporting quotes and more analysis + perceptive comments in the paragraphs. also, we have been taught to do an extra paragraph on settings, symbols and theorists!

AIC: (45 mins)

basically the exact same as the part (b) OMAM except link to 1912, 1945 and PRIESTLEY'S INTENTION! + this essay should be much more detailed than the OMAM ones because you are given lots more time. so i hope you love AIC, unlike me who much prefers OMAM!

good luck, i'm worried for this exam but i also feel quite well prepared!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemayorx)

1. a very brief introduction linking to what the questions is asking, don't need social context really for this part.

2. one point you have picked out from the extract with PEE, and pick out a key word to analyse.

very similar to part (a) however the all of the paragraphs need to link to SOCIAL CONTEXT and STEINBECK'S INTENTION. and also, if you have time you should use a few supporting quotes and more analysis + perceptive comments in the paragraphs. also, we have been taught to do an extra paragraph on settings, symbols and theorists!

basically the exact same as the part (b) OMAM except link to 1912, 1945 and PRIESTLEY'S INTENTION, how it links to a modern audience! + this essay should be much more detailed than the OMAM ones because you are given lots more time. so i hope you love AIC, unlike me who much prefers OMAM!

This was helpful.

I am lot more prepared for AIC and more confident because there are two questions to choose between. For OMAM, I know the book better but find it more difficult.

Although I've seen a few predictions already, does anyone have any predictions for OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisemayorx)

basically the exact same as the part (b) OMAM except link to 1912, 1945 and PRIESTLEY'S INTENTION, how it links to a modern audience! + this essay should be much more detailed than the OMAM ones because you are given lots more time. so i hope you love AIC, unlike me who much prefers OMAM!

Thankyou so much! Very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shlokz12)
    do you think gerald will come up? he hasnt come in any of the recent papers has he?
    My teacher said it's very likely!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ac1999)
    What do you think will come up for the conflict poetry cluster, I had the 2015 question for my mock it was about how is fear presented in Bayonet Charge and one other poem (I chose Out of the Blue and got an A*). What poem do you think will come up this year and any idea what the question may be about??
    Futility hasn't been on yet and Belfast Confetti hasn't been on since 2012 i think so I think it may be one of those two, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    hi ,
    I'm doing omam and aic for unit 1 and conflict cluster for unit 2.
    any predictions, I'm really worried for these exams.

ReputationRep:
    Do you lot think its possible to get A* on the Unit 1 exam? Like 80/80 (FULL) UMS? Im revising alot p.s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaddieEdgoose)
    What do you think LOTF will be on??
    I am not really sure but I think it's going to be on dark themes for example loss of innocence, how the beast is represented and all the dark things that surround it. Hope it helped ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzkii786)
    Do you lot think its possible to get A* on the Unit 1 exam? Like 80/80 (FULL) UMS? Im revising alot p.s
    I think it's possible but the essay would need to be detailed with very insightful comments. It would have to be about something hardly anyone has thought of before and not the general things everyone knows.

I find this very difficult though. English literature is not my forte and finding deeper, insightful meanings is very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Edna is such as interesting character you can embed her into almost question which can get you really high marks. We did a whole lesson on her and came up with some really good points: she moves the chair, to show how the middle class keeps the family moving and she opens the door for the inspector showing him how she is opening the door to reality etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.