DWP Work Coach

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    Anything for liverpool? Ive had a health questionnaire added today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superflyish24)
    I applied for London. But haven't been asked to complete a DBS form.
    If you applied in London you already completed the DBS before the interview, at least that is what I and others experienced on the day.

ReputationRep:
    I received a provisional offer of employment for London but have concerns about the pre-employment checks as I have a conviction on my criminal record and fear that my DBS will let me down.

Just wanted to know if any one else is or has been in the same situation or have any advice on moving forward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KottonKandi)
    I received a provisional offer of employment for London but have concerns about the pre-employment checks as I have a conviction on my criminal record and fear that my DBS will let me down.

Just wanted to know if any one else is or has been in the same situation or have any advice on moving forward?
    Did you disclose your conviction? If you disclosed the conviction and depending on what it is you should be fine however if you didn't disclose, you may find they'll ask more questions just the same as any job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaSal)
    If you applied in London you already completed the DBS before the interview, at least that is what I and others experienced on the day.
    Ah yes I remember! My mistake LOL

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone
    Anyone know what the situation is with Middleton applications? I got an offer for Oldham but I'm starting to go a bit crazy because my status and everything hasn't changed from reserve list, no new documents either.
    I'm probably just being impatient but yeah is anyone else in the same boat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu93)
    Hey everyone
    Anyone know what the situation is with Middleton applications? I got an offer for Oldham but I'm starting to go a bit crazy because my status and everything hasn't changed from reserve list, no new documents either.
    I'm probably just being impatient but yeah is anyone else in the same boat?
    Did you have a provisional offer or were you placed on the reserve list?

ReputationRep:
    Are they looking at all scores from all areas? Im South East Wales, I had a provisional offer on the 11th but have heard nothing since.

Is this DBS application the character form e had to complete and submit during interview.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that has been confirmed by Markymark1992 previously is that the region directly under review is manchester. This is probably because they have not offered the locations in order of merit.

ReputationRep:
    Reserve list first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu93)
    Reserve list first
    That was quick that you got off reserve list lol fab!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu93)
    Reserve list first
    so after being placed on the list, you had a call telling you that you have a job ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinny88)
    That was quick that you got off reserve list lol fab!
    Thank you! I'm just worried though because according to my application I'm still just on the reserve list :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    so after being placed on the list, you had a call telling you that you have a job ?
    Yeah I was on it for just over a week before, I got 5666 though in my interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu93)
    Yeah I was on it for just over a week before, I got 5666 though in my interview?
    How strange....maybe your cluster is also on hold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    How strange....maybe your cluster is also on hold.
    I'm hoping I'm just being impatient about it all, it has only been a day after all I'm just getting anxious because of how much I want to start it haha, wanted to know if anyone else was having the same thing (:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu93)
    I'm hoping I'm just being impatient about it all, it has only been a day after all I'm just getting anxious because of how much I want to start it haha, wanted to know if anyone else was having the same thing (:
    I got a call on Monday offering me a job at Oldham. The person who rang just told me to send an email to someone and that's all I've heard since. They said they wanted to start people asap and she mentioned a provisional start date of 23rd May which is Monday! But seeing as though I've not heard anything since I don't think that's happening ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate349)
    I got a call on Monday offering me a job at Oldham. The person who rang just told me to send an email to someone and that's all I've heard since. They said they wanted to start people asap and she mentioned a provisional start date of 23rd May which is Monday! But seeing as though I've not heard anything since I don't think that's happening ha.
    Yeah she mentioned the start of June to me, at least we're both in a similar situation that's reassuring haha!

Maybe it's just taking long than anticipated then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lu93)
    Yeah she mentioned the start of June to me, at least we're both in a similar situation that's reassuring haha!

Maybe it's just taking long than anticipated then.
    I thought she was a bit optimistic when she said about starting on Monday because I know how long all these checks can take sometimes!
    Hopefully we'll start soon 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate349)
    I thought she was a bit optimistic when she said about starting on Monday because I know how long all these checks can take sometimes!
    Hopefully we'll start soon 🙂
    Yeah hopefully! Do you need to give a notice in or anything?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.